bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 20th Nov 2012, 13:14   #21
fr0Zen
sabertooth 990FX

fr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love the silverstone inspired hot air rises design element. The execution is over the top and overall quality
Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:45   #22
ShinyAli
Supermodder

ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Thank you for all your comments, much appreciated

As you get near the end of a build and you stop and take a step back to look at what you have made I often find it surprising how it all happened, sometimes I can't really remember making some parts, it's like an endless reverie

Last edited by ShinyAli; 21st Nov 2012 at 12:54.
ShinyAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 20:09   #23
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
really great build! and you are right about the conceptual sketches, the first thought i had was "ooh another alubar build, giant case no sides or really messy... but i was wrong! and i really like this chassis

A suggestion that i have is however that you dont put a knob that points out of the chassis side, i think it would look wrong! try to cut out a rectangular hole in the side and make a little handle thats folds out when you press at the top/bottom of the cutout, the turning point on the inside so all you'll see on the outside will be a flat surface.

kinda hard to explain, english is not my native language.... >.<

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 20:14   #24
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
really great build! and you are right about the conceptual sketches, the first thought i had was "ooh another alubar build, giant case no sides or really messy... but i was wrong! and i really like this chassis
I agree with that 100%.

Great work
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 20:38   #25
ShinyAli
Supermodder

ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
A suggestion that i have is however that you dont put a knob that points out of the chassis side, i think it would look wrong! try to cut out a rectangular hole in the side and make a little handle thats folds out when you press at the top/bottom of the cutout, the turning point on the inside so all you'll see on the outside will be a flat surface.

kinda hard to explain, english is not my native language.... >.<
Hi kelmannen, Your right, no sticking out door knobs As the doors are held shut by magnets and a steel plate I have an idea to use some even stronger Neodymium magnets set into a detachable door knob to pull the door open, It's an idea I had a while ago but forgot about...I need more magnets
ShinyAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 22:07   #26
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyAli View Post
Hi kelmannen, Your right, no sticking out door knobs As the doors are held shut by magnets and a steel plate I have an idea to use some even stronger Neodymium magnets set into a detachable door knob to pull the door open, It's an idea I had a while ago but forgot about...I need more magnets
good, i'm relived now

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 02:47   #27
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Really nice creation ShinyAli, looks a perfect layout & I'd say if not the best then at least amongst the best layouts I've seen for a regular ish form of case, love the way you access the insides too, wish I had space to add gas struts now, it's doubtful but of course I'll double check, still not totally sure how I'll be mounting mine, was going to go with a plug in place type system but gas struts are pretty sweet.

Looks awesome too.

Sure had no idea you was beta brain too.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2013, 15:02   #28
doveman
What's a Dremel?

doveman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Aw man, who nicked all your photos. I was going to refer to them for my own build.
doveman is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode