bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Sep 2012, 10:17   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Humble Indie Bundle 6 opens for business

Games! Soundtracks! Steam keys! Charities!
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...die-bundle-6/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 10:35   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
YESSSSS!
Old 19th Sep 2012, 12:05   #3
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.
Bought.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 12:46   #4
Icy EyeG
Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Icy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
The only game that doesn't have a Linux port yet is Vessel. Dustforce, Shatter and SPAZ, at least, are already at the Ubuntu Software Center.

By the way, they hit half a million dollars a few hours after launch.
Icy EyeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 16:20   #5
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Bought too

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 16:29   #6
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Bought. Had a play on Shatter a lunch. Great!!!
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 20:21   #7
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bought for DRM free SPAZ and Shatter goodness. Some indie games I've not got but was interested in is also a bonus.

Tried the linux version of Shatter out - it ran without complaining, which makes a nice change as many games I've had to go tweaking to get working, but a lot of textures appear to be missing. Blocks etc are all black. Will have to investigate/try on another system.
Old 20th Sep 2012, 12:08   #8
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If I buy the Windows version, do I also get access to the Linux versions at no extra cost? I'm trying to move away from Windows for day-to-day use, so native Linux versions would be good; if I get problems however, it'd be nice to know that I don't have to pay anything extra to use the games under Windows.
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2012, 13:00   #9
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
If I buy the Windows version, do I also get access to the Linux versions at no extra cost? I'm trying to move away from Windows for day-to-day use, so native Linux versions would be good; if I get problems however, it'd be nice to know that I don't have to pay anything extra to use the games under Windows.
Yup - you're paying for access to the bundle itself, which means you get the Windows, OS X and Linux versions included in the price - along with the soundtracks, and the inevitable bonus games they add next week.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2012, 13:06   #10
BLC

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree View Post
Yup - you're paying for access to the bundle itself, which means you get the Windows, OS X and Linux versions included in the price - along with the soundtracks, and the inevitable bonus games they add next week.
Sweet; I'm sold then.

Well, as soon as I get home from work, that is!
Old 20th Sep 2012, 13:18   #11
radziecki
What's a Dremel?

radziecki has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bought!
Old 20th Sep 2012, 17:39   #12
BLC

Just tried out Shatter - it was worth the cost just for that game alone! So much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
Tried the linux version of Shatter out - it ran without complaining, which makes a nice change as many games I've had to go tweaking to get working, but a lot of textures appear to be missing. Blocks etc are all black. Will have to investigate/try on another system.
I had it working perfectly, no missed textures at all... I did have to install a big pile of 32-bit libraries in order to get the game to run, but once it did run it was flawless. I was expecting so much more pain under Linux... (I'm using Lubuntu 12.04 and a Radeon 6770 card with the proprietary AMD drivers)
Old 24th Sep 2012, 07:16   #13
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Bought!
Vessel looks LOVELY, SPAZ will need more time to get into and Shatter is AWESOME.

It's worth buying for Torchlight, TBH... any one of those games goes for $6+ on Steam...
Old 24th Sep 2012, 09:40   #14
BLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
Bought!
Vessel looks LOVELY, SPAZ will need more time to get into and Shatter is AWESOME.

It's worth buying for Torchlight, TBH... any one of those games goes for $6+ on Steam...
Hell yeah, Shatter is brilliant. Rochard is also quite good fun. I don't think I've even installed any of the other games yet...!

Tags
child's play, dustforce, eff, humble bundle, humble indie bundle, jeffrey rosen, os x, rochard, shatter, torchlight, vessel