bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 19th Sep 2012, 16:34   #1
Gtek
Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Tenuis

FINAL PICS

Hi all!

I didn't post here for some time, so I decided to share one of the things, I've been working on recently.
In short, Tenuis is a prototype of a miniITX based system, made of aluminium and solid walnut. It's designed as a living room PC, or, as in my case at the moment ,as a general use computer, sitting next to my desk. It can house as mentioned, any miniITX board, full size graphics card up to 190mm long, nimiITX PSU, two HDDs/SSDs, and slot loader optical drive. Not for hardcore gaming, but it plays D3 at full no problem, if you as me .

Few progress photos I took occasionally:

how to in ̶̶̶7 steps:

step 1. sketch

step 2. sketch more,
figuring out smallest possible dimensions, components positioning and materials calculation,

step 3. quick model to confirm,

step 4. get some walnut

step 5. make chassis parts and assemble,

step 6. add walnut (step 4) and paint it black (you cannot go wrong with black )

step 7. stuff it with components to make it work and show off

... next time

Last edited by Gtek; 23rd Dec 2012 at 17:57.
Gtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 16:49   #2
Gtek

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.

Old 19th Sep 2012, 17:13   #3
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Sweet jesus...

That's astounding!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 17:16   #4
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That.... is.... gorgeous.....
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 17:25   #5
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
Well, DAYUM!
Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 17:31   #6
aramil
Keeping it Kerbal.....

aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.
Epic mother of all things amazing & stylish.

Fantastic.....

Sent on my CM10 JB powered i9100 by TapaTalk 2
System: Intel i5 3570K delidded CLU @ 4.6Ghz | Asus Stabertooth Z77 (2003) | Asus GTX560-TI Direct cuII | OCZ Agility 3 120Gb | Samsung 1Tb F2 | WD 500Gb | Corsair 750TX v2 | 8Gb (2x4) Corsair Vengence | Corsair K90 Keyboard | XSPC-Raystorm-750-RS2400 (2 X Akasa viper) | Casecom 5288 | Samsung LS24B300HL / LE46C750 | Windows 8.1 (update1) Pro 64bit | Audio: Linn Classik & Keilidh Speakers
aramil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 17:34   #7
Meelobee
Supermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wow that's awesome! It reminds me of Bang & Olufsen for some reason.
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 17:34   #8
tp148
Multimodder

tp148 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltp148 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltp148 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltp148 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltp148 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltp148 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My god that's beautiful.
Really nice work
tp148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 17:48   #9
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
pretty sessy little build you got there mate. This build definitely makes me a little jealous and I'll explain why... For the past few months I've been telling my girlfriend I would build her a new comp for home use, and if you gave her this she would probably love you more than me!

Congrats man, very classy little system
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 18:01   #10
Del.irious
What's a Dremel?

Del.irious has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
freaking awesome! I love it. Simplicity, elegant, stylish, small design. Simply beautiful...well done! I just may have to build something similar for my HTPC, so inspiring.
Del.irious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 18:20   #11
whatsthatnoise
Modder

whatsthatnoise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love the small footprint! Top job
whatsthatnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 18:43   #12
ModsofNorway
What's a Dremel?

ModsofNorway has yet to learn the way of the DremelModsofNorway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's awesome work dude!!!!
ModsofNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 18:56   #13
hoochy
Need moar cooling

hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
For something so simplistic in essence, that is so fantastic. I love it. I really does remind me of a high end audio equipment aesthetic. Good job. Would be nice to have a set of speakers or similar for the unit in the same style
Fractal Design R3 | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair H60 Liquid | MSI 4GB R290 Twin Frozr | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 500GB Seagate | 2 x 128GB Kingston v200 SSD | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair 650W | K60 w/ Reds | Razer Naga
hoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 19:02   #14
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
That is teh sexy.

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 19:02   #15
jokkos
too busy to mod *sigh*

jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
amazing.... we wants it! we needs it!
Old 19th Sep 2012, 19:04   #16
Ch2pa
Minimodder

Ch2pa has yet to learn the way of the DremelCh2pa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love it
Ch2pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 19:43   #17
Gtek

Thank you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns View Post
pretty sessy little build you got there mate. This build definitely makes me a little jealous and I'll explain why... For the past few months I've been telling my girlfriend I would build her a new comp for home use, and if you gave her this she would probably love you more than me!

Congrats man, very classy little system
lol thanks! I'm sure your build will be awesome, and if for some reason not you can have this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochy View Post
Would be nice to have a set of speakers or similar for the unit in the same style
Thanks! and yes, that is exactly what I was thinking about, and I will make a set of matching speakers at some point for it, maybe on a special request. just need to sacrifice gtx 650 for some nice sound card a learn some more about speakers lol.
Old 19th Sep 2012, 20:38   #18
Pranja
Crazy Wolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is so elegant.

I can imagine it next to some nice pair of wooden speakers in living room by tv.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2012, 21:11   #19
shah
Hypermodder

shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
speechless ...
Old 19th Sep 2012, 21:11   #20
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
Thank you guys!

lol thanks! I'm sure your build will be awesome, and if for some reason not you can have this one
Well I appreciate the vote of confidence! I agree with what others have said though, my first thought on this was that it would look really sweet as a taller floor unit to house any audio gear.

I just came back to look at it again and I'm still loving it. Truly a gorgeous piece of worksmanship. I actually have a design already modeled in Solidworks for a mini-itx build that is fairly similar, but seeing yours completed is still astounding. Aesthetically the black and walnut just work so well!
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode