bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Sep 2012, 21:58   #81
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
thats soo beautiful !
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2012, 18:46   #82
dream caster
just lurking from out there

dream caster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just beautiful!
(like that ads saying "just works")

In some way it reminds me of a Greensabbath unconcluded project log http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=154166
That one was also minimalistic, and it was the only Greensabbath project that was (kind of) minimalistic.

About that much talked about joint between the top wooden piece and the side pieces,
maybe one could try 45 joints and very slightly round them with a fine sand paper so as to bring out some cut across wood grain.
Old 1st Oct 2012, 17:21   #83
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
Thanks a lot for all your nice comments!

Thank you Attila! Yeah, record breaking I believe

Your dog is as beautiful as the case. Really nice picture

I think everyone would agree at this point that you are 100% officially pro-status
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 17:59   #84
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtek View Post

aiming for around 600-1000 GBP for whole system, depending on hardware configuration of course.

Its costing you that much or you'd want to sell it for that much? You want to get in touch with some rich businessmen. Seriously I work for a HNI who commissions a lot of custom furniture and 600 doesn't get you much in that world.

Tempting very tempting.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 14:10   #85
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
Loving that a LOT! Well done

My Main Rigs:~ H2O'd i7 3770K @ 4.5 - 16GB - H2O'd GTX 670 | Asus Z9PE-W8, EP-Xeon 2670 @ 3.2 - 16GB
| ~~~ My Current Dual EP-Xeon 2670 Project ~~~ | ~~~ My Mitsubishi Evo Track Car Project ~~~ |
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 14:17   #86
kinghong1970
Just a Clumsy Ape

kinghong1970 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that is absolutely beautiful!

simple, monolithic slab of walnut balanced with aluminum... amazing!

only wondering if you can miter the top walnut panels as to hide the butt joints... but still... amazing!
kinghong1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 17:56   #87
Gtek
Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Once again, THANK YOU ALL for your nice words and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Its costing you that much or you'd want to sell it for that much? You want to get in touch with some rich businessmen. Seriously I work for a HNI who commissions a lot of custom furniture and 600 doesn't get you much in that world.

Tempting very tempting.
To clarify, estimated price for ''case only'' is 280 GBP, that includes fans and slot load DVD drive. That is for how much I'm selling it. I would really like price to be lower, but it's just not possible for me to make it any cheaper atm. And you don't get much for 600 from me either I increased minimum price to 650 since then, but even so, system for 650 will work, but not much more. one the other side 1000 is not maximum either. I had a request from customer from France who wants a machine for photo editing of it, and asked for i7, 16GB of ram (fast), min 256BG SSD, 2TB HDD, graphics card, blu-ray writer, wifi, etc.. I will also need to modify back panel to allow more air in, just to make sure. Price for that will be aprox. 1250 GBP (no OS, no postage). So as I mentioned before, all depends on specs.
Old 12th Oct 2012, 20:26   #88
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Just noticed the update. 280 is an absolute bargain for such an amazing case and I would have to strongly consider buying one!
KidMod-Southpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2012, 22:33   #89
that_du^de
give your head a wobble

that_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
WOWso sexy!
mozart tx case(11x120mm fans),intel i7 920@4ghz(20x200)1.28v,asus rampage extreme 2,6gig corsair ram(3x2gig),2xati hd5870 crossfire,titan fenrir hsf,enermax revolution 1250w psu,1x120gig ssd 4x1tb hdd,x-fi elite pro soundcard,dell 2405fpw 24"lcd,zboard merc k/board,cyborg rat 7 mouse,win7 64bit
that_du^de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 09:51   #90
Skill3d
Multimodder

Skill3d has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really nice built case. The two-tone really enhances the sleekness! And I can see why you didn't choose to miter the top parts. The outline on the top part with equal thickness is a really nice approach and doesn't make it some veneercase-/automated job but more handmade-craftmanshipdesign like.

Me like!
Skill3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 13:09   #91
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stunning project, only just saw it now. Excellent work as always mate, definitely a MOTY contender.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 16:11   #92
Apocalypso
Fully armed and operational.

Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Wowzer! It's completely fit for purpose without compromising the simple design aesthetic. There are no flashy lights, extraneous fins, random emblems and graphics it's minimalist and brilliant.

I genuinely think I would pay good money for a case like this if it was on the market.
Apocalypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 17:02   #93
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Stunning project, only just saw it now. Excellent work as always mate, definitely a MOTY contender.
I agree that it ought to be, and the funny thing about that is pretty much the entire build log was 1 post!
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 22:01   #94
Mr.Evil
Minimodder

Mr.Evil has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrats man, simple and stylish

I love it!
Mr.Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 23:07   #95
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This thing is beautiful. I really think you could sell many of these. Plus its all architectural chic so you could probably charge way over the odds for them too. CHACHING!
theshadow2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 08:09   #96
akibro
hmmm....

akibro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW, that is awesome.

can we have some more internal pics?
akibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2012, 20:00   #97
Gtek

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thanks guys!

here is aluminium part of Tenuis for customer. It looks like I'm going to build just a few of them, simply because I have no time to build them. I will have to get all the parts laser cut in future, to reduce building time.

Old 30th Oct 2012, 18:01   #98
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

good solution mate, laser cutting can be a really economical way to mass produce parts like this. If it ever really came to a point where you wanted to crank they cases out you can buy small plasma cutters and laser cutters for home use for relatively cheap these days. Key word there is relatively though
Old 30th Oct 2012, 18:04   #99
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns View Post
good solution mate, laser cutting can be a really economical way to mass produce parts like this. If it ever really came to a point where you wanted to crank they cases out you can buy small plasma cutters and laser cutters for home use for relatively cheap these days. Key word there is relatively though
I was hoping the key word would be cheap.
KidMod-Southpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2012, 19:17   #100
Gtek

Own brand new plasma or laser is not an option for me just now. I spend over 2 grand on my cnc already, but I was thinking about swapping spindle for plasma cutter. but I'm not very sure about the idea, tbh

View Mode