bit-tech.net

Old 21st Sep 2012, 15:06   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
PES 2013 review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/xbox-.../21/pes-2013/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2012, 15:51   #2
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
I really cannot think of anything more pointless in the world of computer games than sports games.

FPS,RTS,RPG etc,etc are things you cant possibly do in real life, but sports games..Seriously, unless you are physically disabled to such a degree that you cant, then get off you're lazy arse's,go outside and play the thing for real and get some exercise.

/rant.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2012, 16:05   #3
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
You're rant isn't really valid.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 03:16   #4
bagman
I Mod, Therefore I Own

bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
I really cannot think of anything more pointless in the world of computer games than sports games.

FPS,RTS,RPG etc,etc are things you cant possibly do in real life, but sports games..Seriously, unless you are physically disabled to such a degree that you cant, then get off you're lazy arse's,go outside and play the thing for real and get some exercise.

/rant.
Let me explain why sports games are fun to play to certain people. It is fun to people who watch, play and support the sport. They find it fun taking the team they support and playing as them to get them to the top of league. They also get the power manage almost every aspect of the team. Why do you think sports games sell so well?

Also about playing it in real life. I play football games but i don't play it in real life. Do you react the battle of 1066, instead of playing RTS games?

Basically you don't understand the appeal of sports games because you are not interested in sports, and/or you don't support a sports team.
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 10:45   #5
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler

/rant.
Thanks for your input.
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 11:02   #6
TheDodoKiller
Supermodder

TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:

/rant.
I concur. I can't stand to sit at home and watch football/ play football games, but if a friend asks if we want to go to the park and kick a ball around, I'm happy. To be honest, the only time I've enjoyed a football video game is when I've had a few sherbets and it's new years eve, and I'll fall over if I go to the park.
- AMD 1090T OC'd at 3.6 Ghz - Asus Crosshair IV Formula - Reference Asus 6950/70 - Silverstone FT02 B-W - Kingston HyperX 3K 128GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB - Kingston HyperX 1600 Ram 4GB - Coolermaster V8 -
TheDodoKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 22:26   #7
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I do both. Quite happily.
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 23:14   #8
zulu9812
Multimodder

zulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelzulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This review mentions the use of a controller and what you can do with it. Presumably the reviewer played a console version? How does it play on a PC with keyboard and mouse?
zulu9812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 23:46   #9
Ficky Pucker
Ultramodder

Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.
i've played PES ever since "PES 3" and for the first time in "im too lazy to count how many" years i'll buy FIFA
Ficky Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 07:22   #10
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu9812
This review mentions the use of a controller and what you can do with it. Presumably the reviewer played a console version? How does it play on a PC with keyboard and mouse?
I'm going to hazard a guess that it plays horribly. These games are made to be played with a gamepad, and you can get a USB gamepad that will work perfectly with a PC for not that much money - definitely a good investment if you play this kind of game. I believe the Xbox 360 controller will work flawlessly with PC, though I've never tried.
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 07:31   #11
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:

Mate I don't play sports games with any regularity, but your rant is unnecessary. If you don't like this genre of game, fair enough, but don't denigrate those who do. You seem to be suggesting that players should get out and do it for real, but to suggest that kicking a ball around a park compares to taking your team to victory in the Champions' League Final is like saying "why bother playing WipeOut when you could do it for real - just get in your Nissan Micra and drive to Tesco instead"; or "what's the point in Modern Warfare? Get a couple of water pistols and do it for real!"

At the end of the day, computer games are pointless, much like board games, watching movies, reading fiction, or most other leisure pursuits. Okay you can say that playing sport is good for your health, but even then if it were all about health we'd all just be grinding out time running or swimming, rather than playing football or playing golf or tennis or (my personal favourite) kitesurfing - I know running or swimming would burn more calories and improve my cardiovascular fitness better than kiting, but I don't care because, like all the more sedentary pursuits listed above, I do it because I enjoy it. And if people enjoy playing football games (or any other genre), then surely that is an end in itself?
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 07:33   #12
mclean007
Officious Bystander

I should add that it's not always practical to play football for real - you might only have 20 minutes for a quick game before doing something else; it might be late at night with no floodlit pitches handy; your mates might have other plans; or (particularly in the UK!) it might be crashing down with rain and not particularly conducive to being outdoors.
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 08:22   #13
Res
What's a Dremel?

Res has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love playing Football video games but don't watch or play it in real life, so what?
Res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 08:25   #14
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclean007
Quote:

Mate I don't play sports games with any regularity, but your rant is unnecessary. If you don't like this genre of game, fair enough, but don't denigrate those who do. You seem to be suggesting that players should get out and do it for real, but to suggest that kicking a ball around a park compares to taking your team to victory in the Champions' League Final is like saying "why bother playing WipeOut when you could do it for real - just get in your Nissan Micra and drive to Tesco instead"; or "what's the point in Modern Warfare? Get a couple of water pistols and do it for real!"

At the end of the day, computer games are pointless, much like board games, watching movies, reading fiction, or most other leisure pursuits. Okay you can say that playing sport is good for your health, but even then if it were all about health we'd all just be grinding out time running or swimming, rather than playing football or playing golf or tennis or (my personal favourite) kitesurfing - I know running or swimming would burn more calories and improve my cardiovascular fitness better than kiting, but I don't care because, like all the more sedentary pursuits listed above, I do it because I enjoy it. And if people enjoy playing football games (or any other genre), then surely that is an end in itself?
Yep. You are on the money.

On topic: I always was a ISS followed by pes kinda guy, but when FIFA started to be better I did jump ship. Part of me now doesn't want to go back to having an unlicensed game with teams like Soton for Southampton (saints fan here) but, if there is a dramatic fall in grace, it will be a return home.

Also, you'd use a controller not a keyboard. Playing with a keyboard is just madness! Like said above the 360 controller works flawlessly. Using it for the last FIFA myself.
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2012, 13:16   #15
uz1_l0v3r
Multimodder

uz1_l0v3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

/rant.
There are many flaws to your argument, but I can think of two obvious ones:
a)Most of us can't play football at professional standard in front of thousands
b) We can only play in one position at a time. Football and other sports games let you control the whole team
uz1_l0v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2012, 14:25   #16
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Soccer is about as exciting as watching paint dry.
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2012, 09:58   #17
Porkins' Wingman
Can't touch this

Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger View Post
Soccer is about as exciting as watching paint dry.
But a sexy motherboard, mechanical keyboard, watercooling with seductive lighting etc. probably give you a rock-on...

As for Hustler's rant: do one. Most of the edge-of-seat gaming moments I've had have been playing FIFA, PES or Sensi Soccer. Six-yard box scrambles and the desperation to get an equaliser/winner in the dying minutes is more gripping than any other gaming experience.

Out of all the people who like football AND like gaming, there must be very few who don't like football games.

My experience of football games in the last 4 or five years is that PES, as this review still suggests, is a drab experience only saved by the actual on-pitch gameplay. FIFA is slicker, has the licences, and has done a pretty great job with the on-pitch gameplay for the last few editions. As such PES has really only been worth playing on the Wii.

This version of PES sounds like an improvement, but due to reduced gaming time I imagine FIFA 12 is more than enough to amuse me for some time yet.
"Porkins' Wingman's post is just about the most thoughtful, inciteful post I have ever read on a public forum anywhere. It has made me think....which is no mean feat in itself." - Provoking thought since 8th March 2014
Porkins' Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote