bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Sep 2012, 14:09   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Arctic Rain by InitialDriveGTR

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/case...tialdrivegtr/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Sep 2012, 14:30   #2
PlayedStation
Possessed like an apostrophe

PlayedStation has yet to learn the way of the DremelPlayedStation has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice bong.

Sorry, I couldnt resist.

That is seriously bad ass.
PlayedStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Sep 2012, 16:01   #3
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That's interesting. I reaaally shouldn't read projects like this they make me want to go build one.
Old 25th Sep 2012, 16:28   #4
KayinBlack
I Endure

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
That's an excellent build. My hat's off to you.

Quit chopping up the locals to make tools.-Cheapskate
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Sep 2012, 19:02   #5
ya93sin
Minimodder

ya93sin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Beautiful
ya93sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Sep 2012, 14:36   #6
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So what are the temp reductions when using this way of cooling.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 14:26   #7
Bakes
Hypermodder

Bakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The explanation of bong cooling as evaporating the hot water whilst leaving the cold is disingenuous. The fan does evaporate the water - but this requires energy to overcome the intermolecular bonds, which is absorbed from the surrounding water, known as latent heat. This latent heat requirement is massive for water - the amount of energy to heat 1g of water by 1C is about 4.2J, but the amount of energy required to evaporate the same amount of water is 2260J. This is why only evaporating a small amount of water can result in a massive reduction in temperature - it's far more efficient than simply relying on a heat transfer process like a radiator.

Obiwan - the temp reductions can be considerable. Basically, if you try hard enough, you can get your water at a sub-ambient temperature, which is obviously extremely useful for efficient cooling.
Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 17:13   #8
InitialDriveGTR
Minimodder

InitialDriveGTR has yet to learn the way of the DremelInitialDriveGTR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks everyone! As for temps, check out the build log!
InitialDriveGTR is offline   Reply With Quote