bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 28th Sep 2012, 10:04   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
AMD launches AppZone with Android emulation

Fruit Ninja on your desktop. Eerm... yay?
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20.../amd-appzone/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2012, 10:11   #2
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
GO AMD !!!

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2012, 15:02   #3
Lazy_Amp
Entry AMD Engineer

Lazy_Amp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm gonna take some credit for telling AMD staff that they needed to have their own ecosystem with which to easily give their userbase access to software that makes best use of their integrated graphics.

This could've has the double advantage of giving a real reason to get an AMD Win8 tablet over an Intel or Arm/RT one, if you can access almost the entire Android ecosystem even while Win8 software is catching up. This of course assumes that these apps are easily accessable from Metro, so that users don't have to jump through multiple hoops to reach their banking app, but they needed some sort of game changer on the software side to compete in the tablet sector.

Well, looking forward to seeing if AMD can capitalize here.
Lazy_Amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2012, 20:06   #4
Yslen
Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.
If this works as well as it does in my head, it'll be awesome. I'll be able to get my android apps on my notebook.
Asrock Z77e-ITX - Intel i5 3570k - Corsair H50-1 - G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz - Gigabyte HD6870 - Crucial M4 - Samsung HDD - 530W ThermalTake SS PSU - Bitfenix Prodigy - LG IPS231P - NAOS 8200 - Poker II (Reds) - IBM Model M
Take a look at my Photography portfolio, here.
Yslen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2012, 10:14   #5
justicefornone
Minimodder

justicefornone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is quite possibly the best thing in the world - Ever.

While I love my PC Gaming, I am a massive fan of Game Dev and Grand Prix Story. Playing them on my ageing phone eats the battery and have had to turn off the *ahem* "good" graphics or they just chug,

Now I can play them on my desktop and laptop. In fact I read this then proceeded to download and played Game Dev Story until 1am! Thanks for bringing this to our attention! GO AMD!
justicefornone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2012, 10:39   #6
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
How do apps that are designed for a touchscreen work on a computer with a mouse, Most of the driving games on both are designed around you moving the actual device to control the steering ect.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2012, 11:14   #7
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Not a whole lot of apps I would use but I can think of a few games off the top of my head that would be great, like Anomaly Warzone.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2012, 18:05   #8
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
By reading the comments here most people seem excited by the ability to play their 'phone' games on their Pc... Isn't that what PC games are for? Why would you play a crappy 'phone' racing game when you have F1 2012?
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2012, 18:37   #9
justicefornone
Minimodder

justicefornone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
By reading the comments here most people seem excited by the ability to play their 'phone' games on their Pc... Isn't that what PC games are for? Why would you play a crappy 'phone' racing game when you have F1 2012?
Once there is a fun, interesting and fairly deep racing management game on the PC then would totally be there. Same with if there was a game about running a computer game dev company... Neither such things exist (and believe me I have spent MANY hours searching for PC Alternatives) and thus I see it to be a very wonderful thing... Plus the games are crazy cheap and almost all of them have demos!
justicefornone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2012, 20:06   #10
zulu9812
Multimodder

zulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelzulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Apps on your desktop?

Why not just call it 'software'?

Or is that just crazy?
zulu9812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 05:11   #11
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu9812
Apps on your desktop?

Why not just call it 'software'?

Or is that just crazy?
Well apps is short for applications which is what software makes up. Not much different. Just the way the world is evolving.
Old 1st Oct 2012, 06:56   #12
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
Because most of the games on android aren't on PC. That was kind of a dumb question.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 09:27   #13
DbD
Supermodder

DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
So to play do I need to pick up my monitor and wave it around while sticking both my thumbs on the screen to interact? Good thing I replaced that 20 inch CRT.
DbD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 09:30   #14
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by justicefornone View Post
Same with if there was a game about running a computer game dev company... Neither such things exist (and believe me I have spent MANY hours searching for PC Alternatives)
Well, there was Startup 2000. Okay, the first product you made was - from memory - a mobile phone, but the third was a games console. Despite Gamespot's terrible review, I really enjoyed it - although the bugs got a little bit much.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 18:29   #15
mdshann
Modder

mdshann has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DbD
So to play do I need to pick up my monitor and wave it around while sticking both my thumbs on the screen to interact? Good thing I replaced that 20 inch CRT.
lol sounds fun! I can't wait to try this with my 27" LCD!!! It's going to be so AMAZING!

... or not
mdshann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amd, amd appzone, android, appup, appzone, apu, bluestacks, google play, intel