bit-tech.net

Old 4th Oct 2012, 16:16   #1
LifeLongGamer
Minimodder

LifeLongGamer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
GTX670 folding support?

Hey guys, I have noticed that my Asus GTX670 isn't folding even with the GPU option active. After looking on here and the folding forums it seems that the 6 series isnt supported yet for folding and I was wondering when it is likely to be foldable. At the moment I am churning out a PPD of around 55k PPD although my PC is only on for about 8 hours a day if that so having the GPU running should hopefully bump up my PPD by a fair amount, cheers guys
Old 4th Oct 2012, 17:26   #2
kirk46
Cheesecake Nom Nom

kirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
it will fold you need to download a GPU.txt file and drop it on your f@h v7 client install folder i believe

im ot sure where you can download it... there is another thread somewhere with the details
Old 4th Oct 2012, 17:29   #3
LifeLongGamer
Minimodder

LifeLongGamer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ah ok, thank you very much, this whole folding thing is a bit new to me
Old 4th Oct 2012, 17:34   #4
kirk46
Cheesecake Nom Nom

kirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
you wouldnt have to do this usually but because the 6xx gpus are new and the v7 client doesnt update its self yet you need to download the gpu.txt file

and the 6xx kelper gpu's are not optimized for folding yet so they dont produce as mush ppd as they should
Old 4th Oct 2012, 19:43   #5
Ben Lamb
Modder

Ben Lamb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Here is what you need to do its a bit of a pain in the butt but it works well -

http://www.overclock.net/t/1271684/w...ies-kepler-gpu
Ben Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2012, 23:38   #6
debs3759
Was that a warranty I just broke?

debs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That complicates it. All you need is to get the gpus.txt file from stanford and put it in the program directory. Then next t ime you load the v7 client (ie FAHControl) it will be detected and used. No external software is needed.

HeatWare
debs3759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2012, 21:09   #7
Ben Lamb
Modder

Ben Lamb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
That complicates it. All you need is to get the gpus.txt file from stanford and put it in the program directory. Then next t ime you load the v7 client (ie FAHControl) it will be detected and used. No external software is needed.
I tried the gpus.txt file on mine and the card was recognised but stuck on 0% and wouldnt fold. Got it working with the enclosed guide but recon it was updating the fah15 core that did it. This was ages ago so maybe a compatable core is automaticaly downloaded now dont know as sold the card a while ago.

The tracker is very good and works well as you can do your cpu folding in a linux virtual machine and then run the GPU in the tracker which stops it slowing the cpu folding down as much.
Ben Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gtx670 gtx 670 folding