bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Oct 2012, 10:06   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Fractal Adjust 108 review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/coo...t-108-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2012, 11:08   #2
adam_bagpuss
Have you tried turning it off/on ?

adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
ooo i like the look of these very tempted. The fan controller with the R3 is pretty rubbish although it was free.
Old 10th Oct 2012, 11:13   #3
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run Crysis
How is the ability to turn off a channel not standard yet? :|

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2012, 11:23   #4
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragunovHUN
How is the ability to turn off a channel not standard yet? :|
Would be useful wouldn't it? Maybe they could add on/off switches but keep the sliders.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2012, 11:28   #5
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
I like the concept: simple with lots of head room. It looks like a graphic equalizer from an 80's stereo though.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2012, 11:59   #6
freeclout
Modder

freeclout has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks good, was planning on putting a couple of extra fans in my case and this could be just what I need. Now if only I could adjust the brightness of the led on my r3 when it's sleeping. Keep thinking the police have pulled up outside...
freeclout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2012, 15:51   #7
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclout
Looks good, was planning on putting a couple of extra fans in my case and this could be just what I need. Now if only I could adjust the brightness of the led on my r3 when it's sleeping. Keep thinking the police have pulled up outside...
I couldn't stand it and just unplugged it, I never saw the point in it anyway.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2012, 20:31   #8
abezors
Lurking since '08

abezors has yet to learn the way of the Dremelabezors has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
36w per channel - does this mean it could power a WC pump? The EK DCP 4.0 uses 12 watts max IIRC. I already run it dropped to 5v from original 12v so this controller sounds ideal. Might even match the Lian Li front panel by the looks of things... If not I'll have another look at Lamptron ones again.
abezors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2012, 07:40   #9
Saivert
Supermodder

Saivert has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclout
or you can do as I did and hook the power led on the case to the HDD activity pin header on the motherboard instead.
Old 11th Oct 2012, 08:24   #10
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001
I like the concept: simple with lots of head room. It looks like a graphic equalizer from an 80's stereo though.
Lol - you're totally right. It seemed vaguely familiar.

Looks nice, but I'd prefer rotary pots, myself. Which would leave plenty of room for on/off switches for each channel, too.
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2012, 11:35   #11
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abezors
36w per channel - does this mean it could power a WC pump? The EK DCP 4.0 uses 12 watts max IIRC. I already run it dropped to 5v from original 12v so this controller sounds ideal. Might even match the Lian Li front panel by the looks of things... If not I'll have another look at Lamptron ones again.
I don't see any reason why not yes. All you'd need is a molex to convert the 3-pin headers on the fan controller (assuming the pump is molex and not 3-pin powered).
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2012, 13:45   #12
Kamikaze-X
Multimodder

Kamikaze-X has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxtatic View Post
Lol - you're totally right. It seemed vaguely familiar.

Looks nice, but I'd prefer rotary pots, myself. Which would leave plenty of room for on/off switches for each channel, too.
there are so many fan controllers with rotary pots out there already, why add another?

a controller with sliders like this one are great for those of us with cases that have a door covering the front bays. as it is, my aquapc controller sits there with the knobs taken off, or i cant close my case door.
Kamikaze-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2012, 18:04   #13
Altron
LIKE A BAUCE!!!!

Altron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If I needed more precise adjustability on my fans, I'd be all over this. I've got a Define R3 and a Define XL, so rotary knob fan controllers just don't work - the door can't close. For awhile, I used one and had it mounted a few holes further back, which let the door closed but looked pretty ugly with it open, as the faceplate was 0.5" or so back from the front bezel so that the knobs would be flush with the bezel.

I've got a fairly inexpensive Scythe 3.5" knob controller inside of the R3, which works pretty good since I really don't need to kick up the speed on the fans that much. I'm just running the two Fractal 120mm fans in the front and a NZXT 140mm in the bottom off of it, with a 120mm Coolermaster PWM running off the mobo in the back. My XL, I'm using the two Fractal PCI slot controllers and some splitters to run all the case fans (2x140mm front Fractal, 140mm rear NZXT, 180mm top Fractal) from, which works fine as I'm not making a lot of adjustments.

If this had been available when I had first gotten those cases, or if I was running multiple GPUs or something where I'd really want to crank up the fan speeds, I would have been first in line.

e^i(pi)+1=0
Altron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2012, 00:23   #14
jeckulz
Supermodder

jeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
To be fair, having no 'off' point is a good safety feature, especially if like me you're in the habit of taking your case to LANs, sliders are easy to knock (on a doorless case) so I welcome this addition.
Besides, why have a fan that youre going to turn off?
jeckulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2012, 07:58   #15
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckulz View Post
Besides, why have a fan that youre going to turn off?
Because the ambient temperature in summer is considerably higher than the ambient temperature in winter. I mean, if you want to remove or add fans every six months, I guess you could do that...
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote