bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 29th Apr 2014, 17:20   #1
Kronos
As simple as that,well I never

Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.
So, what are you playing now?

Seems to be a lack of single player FPS' s at the moment, I am awaiting Wolfenstein myself. So to while away the hours I am playing one or two games that I may not have looked at for a while.

Far Cry, this is still a great game and still quite tricky in places. Really enjoying it I might add. Just finished Bulletstorm which I for one really had a ball with and Rage, loved it again.
Custom Parvum /Gigabyte Sniper M3/I5 2500K @ 4.3MHz/ 8GB Crucial Ballistix/Enermax ETS-T40/SLI x GTX 670/128GB Crucial m4/2 x 1TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U2711/Ducky Shine YotD (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone FT03/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/Evga GTX 660 Sig 2/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2410/Ducky DK9087G2 PRO Logitech/M518.
Kronos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2014, 18:49   #2
Pete J
The upgrade bug biteth...

Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm replaying Crysis with the Expanded mod - HUD disabled and a self-imposed no cloaking policy.

The most fun I've had in years!
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2014, 19:16   #3
Retro_Gamer
Multimodder

Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.
After finishing off my New Game + play through of Dark Souls 2 I was at a bit of a loss

I've been playing a bit of Undying which is still decidedly creepy, also decided for fire up C&C 3 and play through that again, so far got up to the git of a mission at the start of Act 3, might have to knock this mission down to easy to try and crack it to continue, think I done this first time I played through it, I was given C&C3 Kanes Wrath a little while ago so it makes sense to run through at least the GDI campaign on the main game first.

Decided to give Red Alert 3 another shot, bit weird with it being you and another Commander each level, they are pretty useless if computer controlled (not that humans can play co op anymore as it uses Gamespy) and I feel it takes it away from the series a bit to much. Still its ok to just pass the time.

Started playing Deadly Premonition on PC, got it Christmas sale on Steam but only played through opening area, it is a bit strange but I do like the Silent Hill games and have always been a fan of Twin Peaks so it sits well with me.

I also got a huge retro delivery so I have been playing The Untouchables on Amstrad CPC464 a fair bit, stuck on second level at the minute, absolutely superb 8 Bit Game. Finished it on C64 many years ago and also love that version of it.

Hammerfist on C64 was in my delivery, awesome game, great tunes, looks really nice.

Auf Wiedersehen Monty on Amstrad, love this version of the game, looks nicer than the Spectrum & C64 versions and has a good tune that plays throughout.

Knights of the Sky on Atari ST, love this game, spent so many hours on it back in the day on Amiga, managed to source it for the ST so have been playing it a fair bit, only downside though is that it has a nasty habit of burning the cockpit display into my LCD screen, need to hook the ST up to the Amstrad Monitor via the TV Modulator when playing this one I think. Its also available for DOS if thats your thing.

Finally been playing Interphase quite a bit on the ST, Cyberpunk type 3D shooter / strategy type game. Bit hard to explain really, was also available on DOS & Amiga. Well worth checking out.
Retro_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2014, 19:27   #4
Darkwisdom
Mods Everything In Sight

Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.
Skyrim.

After reinstalling all of my mods, I decided to go to the Requiem mod route. Hard as hell, no holds barred difficulty. It's brutal as hell, every NPC can kill you, you bump into someone and they'll kill you too.

I also use Requiem: Hard Times and Morrowloot; no easy daedric and ebony finds, all you get is iron and steel with the occasional Dwarven kit you find in ruins. There is only a single set of daedric armor and weaponry and ebony armour is hidden away in the richest homes that are heavily fortified. Hard times makes it so that you get little loot from your enemies and money is hard to come by. Also, Deadly dragons; combined with Requiem makes a blast from a Dragon a One Hit Kill; Dragons are finally the legendary creatures they were supposed to be.

It's difficult for the sake of difficult; harder than dark souls by a long shot.

I also bought the weekly Humble Bundle; really enjoying Teslagrad; a really nice old school style platformer.

Also, replaying the Metroid Prime games on Gamecube Emulator; one of the finest FPS games ever made in my opinion.

Retro Stuff:USB modded N64, NES, Gamecube, Mega Drive and Dreamcast controllers for Emulation ~ Homemade Arcade Stick ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2014, 19:30   #5
yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
8 ball pool on the iPad

A bit of Titanfall in the Xbox one, really finding it difficult with the controller though, and still playing the odd game of Day of Defeat Source on the PC.
Old 30th Apr 2014, 01:20   #6
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.
World of Tanks until the idiots get overwhelming' then solitaire.
Old 30th Apr 2014, 01:55   #7
oscy
Multimodder

oscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysisoscy can run Crysis
Police Quest 1 from GoG.com and Project Sylpheed.

Well actually I have A Level exams in May/June so I'm not playing anything, but after the final exam I'm gonna play the heck out of games.
Old 30th Apr 2014, 05:33   #8
Kronos
As simple as that,well I never

Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.Kronos is definitely a rep cheat.
Deadly Premonition Think I might have a look at this one.
Custom Parvum /Gigabyte Sniper M3/I5 2500K @ 4.3MHz/ 8GB Crucial Ballistix/Enermax ETS-T40/SLI x GTX 670/128GB Crucial m4/2 x 1TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U2711/Ducky Shine YotD (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone FT03/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/Evga GTX 660 Sig 2/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2410/Ducky DK9087G2 PRO Logitech/M518.
Kronos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2014, 09:49   #9
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Back into Don't Starve at the moment thanks to the DLC.
Looks like I'll be playing TF2 again which will be good after a little break.
Old 30th Apr 2014, 23:50   #10
erratum1
Needs a new avatar !

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Mstar.. it's become a bit of an obsession i'm getting better 95% on extreme neo classic S round.

In the video round 5/7/9 are the S rounds, it's pretty insane.

I play other games but always come back to this.

Last edited by erratum1; 30th Apr 2014 at 23:55.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 10:18   #11
Scott C
Minimodder

Scott C has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really enjoying The Last Federation at the moment

The Last Federation

Rather addictive and has an awesome soundtrack too!

Also just started playing Risen...thus far it's much better than what I'd heard.

Oh, and Rex Nebular too
Scott C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 10:30   #12
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have a couple of games I'm playing right now,

Working my way through Borderlands 2 on the 360 and I just picked up Gears of War Judgement,
Zelda: Link between worlds on the 3DS
and I'm still debating picking up the full version of Killer Instinct on the XBOne (I'm quite enjoying the free version at the moment). I also have Titanfall on the XBOne, but I'm struggling to get into it (never been much for playing online without knowing someone else whose playing at the same time)

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 11:14   #13
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Wargame Air Land Battle. Brilliant stuff.

Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 15:25   #14
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.suenstar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm primarily playing quick and simple games as I'm short on free time at the moment, but having quite a blast on the following games:

FTL
Orbitalis
Running with Rifles
Circuits

Orbitalis is particularly addictive, and equally frustrating when you get 14+ levels in.

Along with those I've been doing a couple of one hour bursts of Rollercoaster Tycoon, Space Engineers and X Rebirth.
Old 1st May 2014, 16:25   #15
spoors1979
Multimodder

spoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for presidentspoors1979 should be considered for president
I'm currently playing
heroes & generals free to play http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/14/en/
path of exile
dark souls
Old 1st May 2014, 18:18   #16
Umbra
Supermodder

Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.
Skyrim, loads of mods and an ENB mod that makes it look stunning but as ENB mods are real fps killers it required the purchase of a GTX 780 to maintain a smooth 60fps but totally worth it, I spend more time looking around than gaming and there are so many great mods to try I will be playing Skyrim for a long time yet.

As an interlude to Skyrim I'm playing RealMyst Masterpiece Edition which has had a gorgeous makeover, I've been a huge Myst, Cyan fanboy for years so this is as dribblingly good as nostalgia gets for me

Skulduggery - case mod

Motorcycle Action Group. The Right to Ride.
Umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 18:24   #17
Porkins' Wingman
Can't touch this

Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwisdom View Post
Also, replaying the Metroid Prime games on Gamecube Emulator; one of the finest FPS games ever made in my opinion.
I'm on my first run through of Metroid Prime on my Wii. The combination of Samus and the morphball is very satisfying.

Also playing:

FIFA 13 (my staple) - Wii u
Zombi u - Wii u
Far Cry 3 - PC
Assassins Creed 2 - PC
Zelda: Skyward Sword - Wii

Despite this list of ongoing projects, I'm actually spending far more time reading about games and looking for bargain prices than I spend playing them. I'm such a loser.
"Porkins' Wingman's post is just about the most thoughtful, inciteful post I have ever read on a public forum anywhere. It has made me think....which is no mean feat in itself." - Provoking thought since 8th March 2014
Porkins' Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 19:39   #18
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Playing Prison Architect atm, it's early access but it does feel like it needs some objectives other than earning grants because once you've built a prison there is nothing else to do.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 19:48   #19
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.CrapBag is definitely a rep cheat.
Returned to Borderlands 2 after my son showed an interest and I gave him a steam code for it.

I got stuck on a mission, got fed up and dumped it about a year or so ago.

Started playing again, used a different approach to the mission and pretty much breezed it and I'm now 40 hours further into it.

I think sometimes stepping away from a difficult game/mission and returning works wonders.

Maybe I'll try batman AC again, but maybe not
CrapBag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 20:46   #20
hoochy
Need moar cooling

hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Titanfall! Still can't get enough, just really love the gameplay - not bothered about the lack of competitive etc... as life gets in the way of any of that nowadays - due some DLC soon which will keep things fun.

Been playing some Path of Exile also after having a urge for a loot fest game - nearly finished act 3 having used a build guide for first play through

And of course, hearthstone, but now in the iPad rather than PC
Fractal Design R3 | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair H60 Liquid | MSI 4GB R290 Twin Frozr | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 500GB Seagate | 2 x 128GB Kingston v200 SSD | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair 650W | K60 w/ Reds | Razer Naga
hoochy is offline   Reply With Quote