bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 3rd Mar 2015, 23:56   #1
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Cities: Skylines

finally, the SimCity we should have got gets released on the 10th. watched some footage of it in action and its exactly what I was hoping sim city would be.

oh god this is going to be ****ing majestic
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2015, 00:25   #2
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've been keeping my eye on it for a while and it does look good. I refuse to get my hopes up though!
Old 4th Mar 2015, 08:03   #3
Trance
Two steps forward, one step back

Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.Trance is definitely a rep cheat.
Preordered this yesterday. I agree, looks like what SimCity should of been and from reading all the dev blogs and things seems like they have put a lot of thought into the systems.
Lian Li PC-A61WX :: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz :: Cooler Master Nepton 280L :: 16gb Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz :: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK :: Crucial M.2 480GB :: Inno3D GTX770 2GB IChill HerculeZ X3 :: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W :: Corsair K60 :: Corsair M60 :: Corsair Vengeance 2000 :: Corsair MM400
Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2015, 08:28   #4
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
im going to wait till this comes out before making a decision on it,

i got burned with Sim City 5...and hence apprehensive about sticking my toes in the water again

that said, it does look like it has alot of potential
Old 4th Mar 2015, 08:38   #5
Measter
Multimodder

Measter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Youtuber Quill18 did a 9-hour stream of the game yesterday on Twitch.tv. During the stream at one point he was talking to the CEO of Colossal Order, and later the community manager of Paradox Interactive. He also uploaded a Let's Play (Episode 1, a road tutorial, a map editor tutorial, and an asset editor tutorial.

Arumba also did a stream, though it's not in the past broadcasts list. He did upload a let's play, though. First episode.
Measter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2015, 08:54   #6
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I got to see a little demo of it at the last Paradox convention and was already impressed at that point so I'm expecting wonderful things from this game.
As I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw at the convention, I've had this pre-ordered since it showed up as available to grab... getting really excited that we're getting close to the release date.

Between this and Europa Universalis, I am going to become an absolute hermit when I'm not at work.

Last edited by suenstar; 4th Mar 2015 at 10:25.
suenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2015, 09:09   #7
DeckerdBR
Hypermodder

DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I have enjoyed Sim City 5 for many hours, despite it's poor launch state. The ability to play that game but not be dependent on everyone else's connection being 100% stable all the time is actually really useful.

Cities Sky line from the few videos I have seen looks pretty good too, especially what appears to be much bigger maps and bigger pieces of infrastructure, presuming the damn in one of the videos is not just map decorations.

I'll check out the videos posted above but may wait for some reviews before taking the plunge. I literally only just got back in Anno 2070 last night, to play the Deep Ocean Expansion I bought ages ago but never got round to playing. Not sure I have time for another city builder until I am done with Anno.

I did notice that that Cities Skyline has a data layer very similar looking to Sim Cities, and no matter what else you might say about SC5, it's data layer was excellent. I am glad the Devs of Skyline have adopted a similar tool for management information.
| SSD: Samsung 840 250GB | CPU Cooler: AKASA Venom | OS: Windows 7 64 |
DeckerdBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2015, 09:10   #8
creative
500rwhp

creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
that actually looks epic.

Might keep an eye on this one!
Fractal Design XL R2 Case * MSI Z97-G45-GAMING LGA1150 * Coolmaster Nepton 280L * 2 x Asus GF GTX660 DirectCU II OC Edition in SLI * Intel Core i5 4670K LGA1150 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Haswell * Corsair 8GB DDR3 2133MHz Vengeance Pro Red * OCZ 128G Vector Series SSD * 3Tb WD Green * 500gb Seagate Hybrid Drive * 2 x 500gb drives various makes
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2015, 09:27   #9
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
RPS had a hands-on stream the other day. The guy playing had never played the game before, so I see it being very similar to how I'm going to be when I play this

I haven't played a city builder since Caesar III, but from the aesthetic (and partly because of the heavy Finnish involvement), I pre-ordered it 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to playing

Sui Generis: i7 5820K, Corsair H105, 16GB Kingston 2133, ASUS X99-S, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AOC 34", Logitech G15, Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, Corsair 1500.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2015, 09:38   #10
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I quite like the latest SimCity.
It had an abysmal launch but now time has passed, it's turned things around a bit to make it a pretty decent game; it's fantastic when you compare it to the train wreck that is Cities XXL.

Possibly one of my favourite things about this game's design is the fact that you can relocate buildings without having to demolish them (for a small cost), so re-doing road networks will be a much more pleasant experience than it was in SimCity.

The fact that the map starts off about the size of SimCity's and then allows you to expand to 9x the size is brilliant. It allows people who were comfortable in the small size to continue to play as they like in that space and then expand when they reach that unavoidable space limit.

The best thing about the game though is definitely going to be the mod & steam workshop support, not enough city builders launch with the intention of letting the community loose on adding more to the game. Being able to design levels and share them is a bit of a bonus as well, as we'll very quickly have a limitless supply of maps to play on.
Old 4th Mar 2015, 20:30   #11
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
amusingly that its only just a week before this launched EA Shuts down Maxis,
Old 4th Mar 2015, 20:44   #12
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sad really.
Old 5th Mar 2015, 08:02   #13
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Linux is supported, on nom nom.
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2015, 09:00   #14
suenstar
Collector of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
amusingly that its only just a week before this launched EA Shuts down Maxis,
It's sad news for the Maxis Emeryville office, I'd imagine any team members that do choose to integrate into the other studio teams will likely end up in the Redwood location as everyone EA closes seems to end up going there lately...
Hopefully they'll have one of their studios pick up the SimCity mantle somewhere down the line as it would be a shame to let one less than popular iteration of the series kill off such an iconic name.
Old 10th Mar 2015, 10:45   #15
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Mere hours peeps, mere hours

Old 10th Mar 2015, 12:13   #16
Parge
The worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Please be good, please be good, please be good.

Given the reviews of the previous games though, I'm expecting it to be pretty poor.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 16GB 2400 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - 500GB SSHD - Tundra TD03 - 450W SFX - 29" Ultrawide - Xonar U7 - Naos 3200 - K60 - Q90s - Nostromo - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2015, 12:26   #17
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.
Been watching a couple of streamers (Lirik [muted], KingKongor [muted[, and CohhCarnage) play this. Just from what 've seen it's a major stepup to SC5.
I've never been a big fan of these city management games, but this does look good.
STEAM ID: DLDeadBolt
DLDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2015, 12:47   #18
smc8788
Headphone nut

smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.
More excited for HM2 today but have picked this up anyway, I'm hoping they will continue working on it as it feels like it needs a few things before it feels like a fully complete game (no day/night cycle for starters).

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2015, 12:47   #19
DeckerdBR
Hypermodder

DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLDeadbolt View Post
Been watching a couple of streamers (Lirik [muted], KingKongor [muted[, and CohhCarnage) play this. Just from what 've seen it's a major stepup to SC5.
I've never been a big fan of these city management games, but this does look good.
I watched a few of the lets plays from unit lost and sadly was not that impressed. The map they played on looked no bigger than sc5 and the visuals were pretty amateurish imo. For me I'd have to be confident that actual city management aspects are really top notch. definite going to keep my eye on this game post release.
| SSD: Samsung 840 250GB | CPU Cooler: AKASA Venom | OS: Windows 7 64 |
DeckerdBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2015, 13:13   #20
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerdBR View Post
I watched a few of the lets plays from unit lost and sadly was not that impressed. The map they played on looked no bigger than sc5 and the visuals were pretty amateurish imo. For me I'd have to be confident that actual city management aspects are really top notch. definite going to keep my eye on this game post release.
you start off with a 2kmx2km plot and buy more plots when needed up to a maximum of 32x32km, or you can install a mod to unlock it all from the get go.