bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 24th Aug 2015, 17:18   #1
Blogins
Panda have Guns

Blogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Long time fan of the franchise but my interest dropped off before MGS4.

Metal Gear Solid V is snapping my interest back into focus though. It's reviewing well at the moment and the Eurogamer early impressions sounds promising...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ew-impressions
|Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (SSD - Boot)|Crucial MX100 512GB (SSD - Games)|
Blogins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2015, 18:17   #2
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Worst thing about mgs 5 is that I need to wait another week
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2015, 18:53   #3
Otis1337
aka - Ripp3r

Otis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
massive fan of MGS, the scores for this are mad. Cannot wait, been following this closely for years.
Bring on September 1st!

RIP Dad - 2015
Otis1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2015, 20:47   #4
Blogins
Panda have Guns

Blogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well they did bring the PC release forward by a couple of weeks!

Quite keen on the idea of a reactive open world, perfect fit for a MGS game.
Old 24th Aug 2015, 21:30   #5
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
As big a fan of MGS as I am I wont be pre purchasing PC version till I know its not another Batman. And I know many people who feel the same way. The console versions will likely be perfect, How well the Pc version has been optimised we shall see.
rollo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2015, 21:42   #6
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If it's like Ground Zeroes it'll be fine. That game impressed the hell out of me with how well it was ported.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2015, 22:01   #7
Kehoe
Minimodder

Kehoe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the reviews so far have been amazing, id forgotten this game was out so soon, looking forward to this one, always liked the GTA series, be glad to see where they take this one!
Kehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2015, 11:38   #8
DeckerdBR
Hypermodder

DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I haven't played an MGS game since the original on the PS1 back in the day, loved it and felt it was ahead of its time at the time!

However, I understand it has since had a bit of a hit and miss history (or as Jim Sterling would say - f*** Konami!), although the Euro Gamer preview for this seems really positive.

I must confess, I cringed a little to see it has in-built micro transactions, presumably only for the MP elements, that will hopefully not impact the story mode...?
| SSD: Samsung 840 250GB | CPU Cooler: AKASA Venom | OS: Windows 8.1 64 |

Last edited by DeckerdBR; 25th Aug 2015 at 12:08.
DeckerdBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2015, 11:43   #9
Kehoe
Minimodder

Kehoe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah from what i can see and i've read the microtransactions are multiplayer only, but more to boost your progress rather than grind to unlock stuff.. that seams a little Pay2win for my liking.. wouldnt of been so bothered if it was skins n random bits n bobs but to help unlock stuff not so much... but until the game comes out and i've tried it i aint going to say its all doom n gloom. Not getting the game for MP anyway want the single player side lol
Kehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2015, 12:08   #10
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm really looking forward to playing MGS V: Phanton Pain, loving the entire look of the game and the open world element to it.
Already picked up a copy off the marketplace so just counting down the days for it to be playable now... I might pick up a copy for the PS4 a little down the line as well.

It's a shame that they've seemingly not included co-op play in the campaign, the huge open world could be a great place to have some fun with a friend.
Old 25th Aug 2015, 12:16   #11
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Online multiplayer is not part of PC launch for those that are looking at that bit. Was confirmed a while back that it will follow.
Old 25th Aug 2015, 12:19   #12
Blogins
Panda have Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Online multiplayer is not part of PC launch for those that are looking at that bit. Was confirmed a while back that it will follow.
Yeah. Not until next year?
Old 25th Aug 2015, 12:58   #13
DeckerdBR
Hypermodder

DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
FYI - this game is part of the current Nvidia GPU bundle on Scan.co.uk - am still sorely tempted by a GTX970 ha ha!
Old 25th Aug 2015, 14:10   #14
Tomhyde1986
Supermodder

Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've beein in a state of complete and utter apathy with gaming for the last 18 months or so and I really hope MGS 5 can finally bring that to an end. If it doesn't grab me then I guess I'm done with gaming.

It does look amazing. Just hope it lives up to the hype. MGS 3 is the best game ever made as far as I'm concerned with MGS 4 a close second.

Can't wait!
Tomhyde1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2015, 15:12   #15
Parge
The worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomhyde1986 View Post
I've beein in a state of complete and utter apathy with gaming for the last 18 months or so and I really hope MGS 5 can finally bring that to an end. If it doesn't grab me then I guess I'm done with gaming.

It does look amazing. Just hope it lives up to the hype. MGS 3 is the best game ever made as far as I'm concerned with MGS 4 a close second.

Can't wait!
I'm the same way for SP games, MP are still awesome fun!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 980 - Asus P8Z77-I - 16GB 2400 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - 500GB SSHD - Tundra TD03 - 600W SFX - 29" Ultrawide - Xonar U7 - Naos 3200 - K60 - Q90s - Nostromo - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2015, 15:53   #16
DeckerdBR
Hypermodder

Quote:
Can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
I'm the same way for SP games, MP are still awesome fun!
The SP space has been challenged for a while but I actually think there has been some really standout examples.

More transitional SP experiences like The Wild Hunt, a truly engrossing experience and such high quality.

Also in the smaller game space, things like Invisible Inc or Kerbal Space Program offer a less traditional SP experience, where it's not the story that drives the compellingness of it but the actual act of being involved and the way you can interact within it. Your actions weave the story if you will.

There is also some good hybrid experiences, games that have MP as an option but can equally be played in SP, like Space Engineers. I have spent hours making ships on my own but also time in an MP survival light esq experience, where our ship was damaged by an asteroid and we lacked the components to fix it. We had to use a combination of exploration, salvage and cannibalising other stuff to get it working, against the clock of dwindling o2 and power.

Obviously MGS V looks to fit more of a wild hunt story driven experience and while I realise steam and greenlight are full to the brim with subpar junk, don't despair, there is plenty good interesting games on the horizon.

Deus Ex: Mankind Devided & Xcom 2 spring to mind so if MGS V ends up being good, then plenty to propel into 2016 and beyond.
Old 25th Aug 2015, 15:56   #17
fix-the-spade
Ultramodder

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
MGS 3 is the best game ever made as far as I'm concerned
I almost agree with you (Starfox 64 is my favourite game ever, MGS 3 is second).

I sincerely regret giving it away to a friend, but he'd never played a Metal Gear game and that could not be allowed to stand.
Old 25th Aug 2015, 18:13   #18
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blogins View Post
Yeah. Not until next year?
Estimate was Q2 2016 at last check. The rumours are that its exclusive to consoles till then and they can just enable it with a tiny patch.

Metal gear solid 4s main issue was that it was basically 10 hours of video / talking and about 6 hours of real gameplay. If you skipped the videos on second play throughs you could get the total play time in the sub 8hours no problem.

From what reviews are saying Gameplay has is now actually the focus in the 20-30hour testing reviews that have been done they are not even halfway through the story.
Old 25th Aug 2015, 18:40   #19
Otis1337
aka - Ripp3r

Otis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The last ever Hideo directed trailer for Metal Gear. Prepare your bodies gents.

Its an end of a truly legendary saga. If the crazy scores coming out for it are anything to go by Metal Gear is truly going out with the final end its deserves.

full screen 1080p, volume up, salute!

RIP Dad - 2015
Otis1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2015, 21:04   #20
Blogins
Panda have Guns

I remember when Kojima went on record as saying MGS2 was his last game. Look where we are now!