bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 7th Apr 2014, 10:43   #1
Anakha
Supermodder

Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Feed The Bit-Tech, v2.0!

Well, there were some major issues with the server, mostly stemming from Azure introducing the "Basic" tier. So the old FTBT server got wiped.

So, say hello to the NEW FTBT server! 4 cores and 7GB of RAM should make for a beautiful and smooth playing experience, and running DW20 1.6.4 v1.0.20 ensures the most bug-free experience possible.

It's still on the same address, bit-tech-mc.cloudapp.net, and it's still whitelisted, so if you want access drop me a message with your MC username.
Old 7th Apr 2014, 15:47   #2
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.
PM'd!
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2014, 17:01   #3
Anakha
Supermodder

Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GBUD View Post
PM'd!
And added to the whitelist! Welcome!
Old 7th Apr 2014, 17:03   #4
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.
Much obliged! I gather any clients other than 1.6.4 connecting is a big no no?
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2014, 17:06   #5
Anakha
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GBUD View Post
Much obliged! I gather any clients other than 1.6.4 connecting is a big no no?
This is modded minecraft - You'll need to get the modpack. Fortunately, there's a handy launcher that takes care of all that kind of thing for you. Just go to http://www.feed-the-beast.com and download the FTB launcher. Then choose the "DireWolf20 1.6.4" pack (I believe 1.0.20 is the recommended version, so you should be good there). The launcher will then handle downloading and running the complete pack.

Oh yes, and make sure once you've launched it once, to go into "Edit modpack" and enable one of the 3 (mini)map mods.

Last edited by Anakha; 7th Apr 2014 at 17:09. Reason: Added note about minimaps
Anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2014, 21:35   #6
Anakha
Supermodder

Is josephjuju anyone here? If so, drop me a line and I can add you to the whitelist.
Old 18th Apr 2014, 22:01   #7
lp rob1
PAM says no...

lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.
I've come to the conclusion that FTB is the only mod pack worth playing anymore. I've been playing a bit of Tekkit and Voltz single player, and they are complicated and unwieldy to use.

For example, Tekkit has gone fully down the BuildCraft route, removing IndustrialCraft from the mod pack, which makes energy... interesting. I personally hate how BuildCraft does energy. Voltz in its current form is pretty good, with Universal Electricity being a huge improvement over most mods, but the latest beta (3.0.0) removes the core mod for UE, Mekanism! They took the mod pack and gutted it. Perhaps things will change before the next stable release, but it isn't looking good.

FTB on the other hand has the same good mods as the other packs, like Applied Energistics and MPS, but also has good mods that the other mod packs miss out. They just need to package OpenComputers and the mix will be complete.

/rant

Could I be added to the whitelist please? lprob1
Old 18th Apr 2014, 22:09   #8
Anakha
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp rob1 View Post
FTB on the other hand has the same good mods as the other packs, like Applied Energistics and MPS, but also has good mods that the other mod packs miss out. They just need to package OpenComputers and the mix will be complete.

/rant

Could I be added to the whitelist please? lprob1
You're in. And while I do enjoy most aspects of FTB, it seems that newer version of IC2 are getting grindy and boring as all hell. I have to say, since TE added their own power system, I've been doing almost everything with RF power these days. There seems to be nothing at all that I need IC2 for. Quantum armour? MPS Powersuit equals it at the very least. Diamond drill? How about Flux-infused pickaxes, or even better, Tinker's Construct hammer with a Flux modifier. Or the MPS power glove. Induction furnace? How about a bank of (cheap) redstone furnaces and a Factorization router to handle the insertion and extraction? Macerator? Pulverizer does the job, cheaper and easier. And it's much easier to make RF power than EU. AND redstone conduits auto-convert RF into MJ.

Just sayin'.
Old Yesterday, 12:45   #9
lp rob1
PAM says no...

lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.lp rob1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Perhaps I am simply not used to the TE way of doing things, but I really liked IndustrialCraft when it was the core of Tekkit. It my opinion, Tekkit was IC2 with the other mods supplementing it. Since they removed that key aspect and replaced it with other things, it doesn't feel like Tekkit anymore.

My points on Voltz still stand though

Tags
direwolf20, feed the beast, ftb, minecraft, mods