bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 14th Dec 2014, 10:22   #1
bluespider42
Supermodder

bluespider42 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbluespider42 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbluespider42 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbluespider42 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking for Mac and PC Multiplayer Offline

Ok so I'm looking for games that will run on both Mac and PC, have good multiplayer and don't require an internet connection. (ie. can be hosted locally).
Ideally not too high system requirements (2 year mac book pro or similar)

Usually for games on my laptop I go for slightly older games, but these tend to be windows only.
Newer titles often rely on internet connectivity for multiplayer.

Any suggestions?
Old 15th Dec 2014, 16:32   #2
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Any particular type of game you're after? (RPG, Platform, FPS, Puzzle, Fighting, Racing and so on)

If you both have Steam, you can browse their store's list of games (while you have Internet obviously) and narrow searches down by either those that are on both platforms and those that support local multi-player.
I wouldn't put in more than one filter at a time as it seems to often confuse their search system and give you mostly DLC with just a few games in between.

Here's a few that I play locally with my family & friends when we're all together (my sister uses a MacBook Pro so these are confirmed to work cross-platform):

Trine 2
FORCED
Screencheat (only played this once so far, but the concept is so much fun and confusing)
Dungeon Defenders

We're also planning on trying these few (currently unconfirmed how well they work cross-platform):
Fight The Dragon
Gang Beasts
Starbound
Shadowgrounds Survivor
Old 15th Dec 2014, 18:44   #3
Tomhyde1986
Supermodder

Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Diablo 2 would be my recommendation. The game is awesome. Supports LAN and is a blast to play co-op. It's old enough that it'll run on just about anything these days.

However there's a pretty big snag. It's not supported on Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" or later operating system versions. I'm not familiar with Macs so I have no idea how recent that is or if it's even practical but here is a link on how to get it to run if you want to give it a crack:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...os-x-10-7-lion
Tomhyde1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross-platform, lan, multiplayer