bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Bit Tech Squadron name?
Bit Faction 3 12.00%
Bit Cartel 1 4.00%
Bit Sec 12 48.00%
Bit Butchers 0 0%
BIT 3 12.00%
Bit Syndicate 2 8.00%
Bit Technologies 4 16.00%
Bit Sovereignty 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th Oct 2012, 23:20   #41
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
No, the counter on the website doesn't include any of the Kickstarter funds.

Good to hear!

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2012, 00:54   #42
Yslen
Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.
Shift over, make some space on the bandwagon!

<throws money at Chris Roberts>
Asrock Z77e-ITX - Intel i5 3570k - Corsair H50-1 - G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz - Gigabyte HD6870 - Crucial M4 - Samsung HDD - 530W ThermalTake SS PSU - Bitfenix Prodigy - LG IPS231P - NAOS 8200 - Poker II (Reds) - IBM Model M
Take a look at my Photography portfolio, here.
Yslen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2012, 01:12   #43
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Two years is a long time to wait - I hope I don't die - that would really hack me off!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2012, 14:01   #44
Jasio
Made in Canada

Jasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So Wing Commander, is finally making an appearance on the modern PC. Awesome.

Interestingly they're using CryEngine 3... it's nice to see Cryteks' platform panning out beyond the standard FPS genre. I assume his spiel about the way physics are handled in space when you lose one or more maneuvering thrusters is helped by CryEngine's excellent handling of physics.

Definitely looking forward to this.
[[Asus Rampage III Formula RoG | Intel Core i7 980X @ 4.2 Ghz | Corsair H70 | 12GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill | 2 x MSI 560Ti 1GB Twin Frozer II SLi | Corsair AX750 PSU | 2 x Crucial C300 128GB SSD + 3 x Samsung F1 1TB | Silverstone Fortress FT02B]]
Jasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2012, 14:22   #45
dolphie
wts batwings

dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
Anyone got a stasis capsule I can borrow for a couple of years?
Reminds me of that South Park episode when Cartman tries to freeze himself
dolphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2012, 14:51   #46
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks like I'll need to invest in a decent joystick. Any recommendations?
Cei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2012, 16:32   #47
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
Looks like I'll need to invest in a decent joystick. Any recommendations?
It's going to be a year before any playable version is out - I would hang on before choosing something. Judging from the videos control of the ships will be fairly simple (pitch, yaw, roll) so something with the ability to yaw would suffice I would say.

Then again who knows what changes they will make before then!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Old 21st Oct 2012, 11:04   #48
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't understand all the people whining about this not being on Kickstarter (apart from the site downtime for the first day or two). I mean it's a good system and all, but even now that I'm given the choice between donating via Kickstarter or via their own site, I'd still choose to pay directly to the developers since it means they get 5% more of my money for the same donation instead of it going to a middle man which offers no extra security once my money has been handed over.

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 10:06   #49
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc8788 View Post
I don't understand all the people whining about this not being on Kickstarter (apart from the site downtime for the first day or two). I mean it's a good system and all, but even now that I'm given the choice between donating via Kickstarter or via their own site, I'd still choose to pay directly to the developers since it means they get 5% more of my money for the same donation instead of it going to a middle man which offers no extra security once my money has been handed over.
Sure, but a lot of more casual users who are already familiar with Kickstarter are more likely to donate.

Now we have both, so its easy for everybody - win win.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 20:48   #50
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
I've backed this, mostly because the cheaper tier was going dry quick. Now it has dawned on me just how big the project. I thought Planetary Annihilation was big.
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 09:07   #51
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
So wish I had some money to contribute to this but I'll have to wait till next month at the absolute earliest.

If they secure the right funding it could be huge..

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 09:45   #52
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
So wish I had some money to contribute to this but I'll have to wait till next month at the absolute earliest.

If they secure the right funding it could be huge..
All good, the Kickstarter runs til 19th of November!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

Old 23rd Oct 2012, 09:51   #53
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Quote:
All good, the Kickstarter runs til 19th of November!
Yes but my manhood might not if I spend some money supporting this before these few hard months are said and done. Oh well, what she doesn't know, can't hurt her and all that...

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 10:38   #54
Jedra
Supermodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
Yes but my manhood might not if I spend some money supporting this before these few hard months are said and done. Oh well, what she doesn't know, can't hurt her and all that...
Hand over your Starship or we'll tell your G/f ;-)

Old 25th Oct 2012, 09:41   #55
Parge
ITX FTW

Only $20000 away from the $2m mark now (inc KS and RSI site totals)

Annnnnd..... $2m achieved!

Last edited by Parge; 25th Oct 2012 at 12:32.
Old 25th Oct 2012, 12:39   #56
Parge
ITX FTW

Design documents for the 5 available pledge ships now announced

Old 25th Oct 2012, 12:39   #57
Jedra
Supermodel

This chewed up it's target and spat it out with contempt!

I get the impression that people want to see this game made!

Chris Roberts has posted up the design documents for the pledge ships - if you're a kickstarter check your mail and go and have a look! (Bah ninja'd!!!)

What will you be doing in 2014!!

Last edited by Jedra; 25th Oct 2012 at 12:39. Reason: ninja!
Old 25th Oct 2012, 12:44   #58
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
This chewed up it's target and spat it out with contempt!

I get the impression that people want to see this game made!

Chris Roberts has posted up the design documents for the pledge ships - if you're a kickstarter check your mail and go and have a look! (Bah ninja'd!!!)

What will you be doing in 2014!!
Check this bit from the design documents out.....

"Pilots will treat their engine systems like their PCs, adding modifiers to increase the performance, upgrading the engine as though it were a CPU and even overclocking them (and risking flame-outs!)"

Old 25th Oct 2012, 12:55   #59
Jedra
Supermodel

Quote:
Check this bit from the design documents out.....

"Pilots will treat their engine systems like their PCs, adding modifiers to increase the performance, upgrading the engine as though it were a CPU and even overclocking them (and risking flame-outs!)"

Looks like there is going to be a bunch of extreme ship over-clockers buying liquid nitrogen from the black market then!

Me - I will be the one with one side of his ship off desperately trying to keep the engine cool after spreading low quality thermal coolant all over the heat exchanger....

Old 25th Oct 2012, 13:04   #60
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.
Meh

Mine will be a mix-match of parts held together by cableties and willpower alone
DLDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote