bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Oct 2012, 12:14   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
EVGA doubles Step-Up programme timescale

Buy before the 21st of December to take advantage.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ubles-stepup/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 16:38   #2
pantalaimon
Minimodder

pantalaimon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So you pay the premium that EVGA hardware usually commands, the two way shipping and the difference in price for the new item on EVGA's store (which charges more than retailers).

Seems like a really poor deal to me.
pantalaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 22:30   #3
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantalaimon
So you pay the premium that EVGA hardware usually commands, the two way shipping and the difference in price for the new item on EVGA's store (which charges more than retailers).

Seems like a really poor deal to me.
not a poor deal at all. I upgraded a GTX470 to 480 back in the day. I couldnt afford the difference when i first bought the 470. But I saved the difference and got the 480 when I could afford it. Sure there are some added cost, but it allows you to get something weaker than you originally planned, and save for the more powerful without having to pay the entire cost of the higher performance part.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2012, 10:24   #4
x5pilot
Fragile explosion

x5pilot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I dont get this... Im about to buy a GTX680 this week probably from the cheaper end of the range that I can find. I've considered EVGA but whats the point in holding on to a card for 3 or now 6 months when there's no replacement for the 680 in sight (anyone know about the 780?!)
I understand if you buy a 660 or a 670 but surely such an expensive purchase should be given more due care and foresight. My 580 has lasted me nearly 2 years and is going to return me a healthy value from ebay. Plus it doesnt lock me into buying evga as my next card.
Fair play to evga though - some more upgrade schemes like this would be great for other products like tvs, cars and... wives!
x5pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2012, 14:11   #5
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's for a limited time only so meh.
Old 18th Oct 2012, 01:33   #6
GonzoRIP
What's a Dremel?

GonzoRIP has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hmm so this is why all my warranty returns came back looking like old used crap, one was even covered in cigarette tar.
GonzoRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2012, 21:48   #7
theshadow2001
Mod Master

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoRIP View Post
hmm so this is why all my warranty returns came back looking like old used crap, one was even covered in cigarette tar.
Well that answers the question of what happens to all the returns
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evga, evga graphics card, evga motherboard, extended warranty, lee rossiter, step-up, step-up programme, upgrade, warranty