bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Oct 2012, 12:36   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
AMD releases Catalyst 12.11, new Radeon games bundles

Packs some more value into its cards.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...talyst-12-11/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 12:42   #2
TheDodoKiller
Supermodder

TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.
Who in their right mind would buy 2 78XX's?

I can understand the top bundle being a 79XX, but 2 78XX and you only get 2 of the games? And worse performances?

Come on AMD, get with the programme.
- AMD 1090T OC'd at 3.6 Ghz - Asus Crosshair IV Formula - Reference Asus 6950/70 - Silverstone FT02 B-W - Kingston HyperX 3K 128GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB - Kingston HyperX 1600 Ram 4GB - Coolermaster V8 -
TheDodoKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 12:47   #3
Chicken76
Hypermodder

Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
What countries is this promotion restricted to?
Chicken76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 12:56   #4
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken76 View Post
What countries is this promotion restricted to?
Still waiting to hear back from AMD on that - I'll update the story as and when they get back to me.
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 16:00   #5
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

AMD says it'll be EMEA-wide (plus the US and a few other places, naturally) with the relevant UK retailers being: Overclockers, DABS, Scan, Aria, CCL, eBuyer, Novatech and DinoPC.
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 16:27   #6
Chicken76
Hypermodder

Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Thank you Gareth.
I understand the promotion will start when the 12.11 driver is going to be released as stable, right? But is there any info on how long this promotion is going to last? Is this a "promo available while stock lasts" kind of deal, as in they have a fixed number of game copies/codes to give?

Also, is there any information on how this promotion is going to run? Are new customers going to find in their boxes some game cards/vouchers, or do they have to register their card's S/N on a site to receive game keys?
Chicken76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 17:17   #7
james888
Minimodder

james888 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If bit-tech doesn't have it yet, for those interested tpu has a great 12.11 performance analysis
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...1_Performance/
james888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 18:55   #8
TC93
What's a Dremel?

TC93 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Whats with the stupid full page ads you have to hunt to find the ext out of on here? It makes you not want to visit here.
TC93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 19:04   #9
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james888 View Post
If bit-tech doesn't have it yet, for those interested tpu has a great 12.11 performance analysis
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...1_Performance/
All my games seem to end a decrease in performance or am I just reading the graph wrong (bl2, bf3, and skyrim with a 7850)?
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 20:14   #10
technogiant
Supermodder

technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.technogiant is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDodoKiller
Who in their right mind would buy 2 78XX's?

I can understand the top bundle being a 79XX, but 2 78XX and you only get 2 of the games? And worse performances?

Come on AMD, get with the programme.
Good point.....they should have made the bundle more crossfire friendly.......say 6 games available so you can select which 3 you want with each of your 79xx, which two with each of your 78xx etc etc.

Still the flip side of it being done this way is that there will be plenty of cheap game download tokens on ebay.
technogiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 20:48   #11
Henk
Uninformed Opinionist

Henk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm, isn't the 8xxx series "just around" the corner, like, the beginning of next year? This doesn't entice me enough to buy a 7970 just yet...
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 21:16   #12
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Will AMD stay in business long enough to release a 8xxx series, GPU department not making huge cash.
rollo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 22:26   #13
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henk View Post
Hmm, isn't the 8xxx series "just around" the corner, like, the beginning of next year? This doesn't entice me enough to buy a 7970 just yet...
Round the corner is 2 months away, so I would say that a 7970 is still a good buy, especially with all the price drops.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amd, amd catalyst, catalyst, catalyst 12.11, drivers, games bundle, graphics, nvidia, radeon