bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Oct 2012, 11:55   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Arduino Due launch brings ARM to the platform

84MHz Cortex-M3 replaces the usual 16MHz ATmega.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/modding.../arduino-due/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 14:38   #2
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.
Nit-pic:

Is it correct to say "From Arduino" when Arduino is the name of the hardware platform and Arduino Labs is the people behind it?

It's Arduino Labs fault of course for naming themselves and their product line the same, but you wouldn't say the "Diavolino" board was "From Diavolino" you'd say it was from the "Evil Made Scientist" team or something similar.

I know I'm sad, and I know this isn't as bad as someone using LEGOS as a plural of LEGO which we all know is the ultimate wordplay sin in the whole of geekdom.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 15:56   #3
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
Nit-pic:

Lego is the company. They make Lego bricks. So calling the bricks either Lego or Legos is incorrect.
theshadow2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 03:48   #4
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lego is the plural of lego-brick. no nit pick required
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 11:24   #5
korhojoa
durr

korhojoa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's not nit-pic.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nitpick
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 11:35   #6
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by korhojoa View Post
You win the internets!
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2012, 06:26   #7
Blackshark
Multimodder

Blackshark has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Erm, is the RPi not 5V? Sure it is....
Blackshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2012, 08:36   #8
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshark View Post
Erm, is the RPi not 5V? Sure it is....
Nup. It takes a 5V input from a microUSB port, yes, but the first thing that happens is that 5V input hits a regulator and gets dropped to 3.3V - which is what all the internal logic runs at. If you're using the GPIO port, that's an important fact to know: if you connect 5V to any of the GPIO pins, you'll fry the Pi - it's 3.3V all the way, just like the new Due.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arduino, arduino due, arduino leonardo, arduino uno, arm, arm cortex-m3, atmega, atmel, cortex-m3, microcontroller