bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 24th Oct 2012, 11:26   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DLC detailed

Slingshot Pack brings new maps, missions to XCOM.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...om-slingshot/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2012, 12:21   #2
chimaera
Multimodder

chimaera has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Speaking personally adding 'non-core' content as paid-for DLC doesn't bother me in the slightest. If people want to pay for it then all power to them. I certainly wouldn't though (although in this case I got it as a preorder bonus anyway) - As for the expansion - I'm definitely down with that, although I would have liked to see a co-op campaign - significantly tougher missions with a couple of squads of troops maybe...
chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2012, 12:31   #3
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
a co op campaign would be sweet. im all for that .
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2012, 15:05   #4
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
i got the pre-order and ability to change colour and tint. its more like change the armor look to one other and plenty of tints. so nothing special... except that it really does help me know where my guys are and who can run fwd incase of ambush... hate it when i send the wrong guy fwd and he gets in trouble. so long Arnold Blackegg... 90 kils. what a hero.
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2012, 18:14   #5
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I bought the game on pre-order too and saw little or no evidence that the pack was actually there. Unless what's there is, well, it. Feels pretty perfunctory if so. To be honest the customisation seemed counter productive to me anyway, the game seemed to know if I'd invested any time or effort into a character and single them out for a muton bully-ramming.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2012, 00:07   #6
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Is it just me or does 3 maps seem like......not very much?
Old 26th Oct 2012, 00:31   #7
Lockinvar
Minimodder

Lockinvar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't find the additions of this new DLC to be very interesting. It doesn't sound like they're expanding the game in any meaningful way, just adding in a small (3 mission) detour. The new voice set (presumably restricted to that character) is about the most interesting and needed aspect of the entire thing.

What I'd like to see in DLC
- Accented voice sets from most countries in the game - having everyone sound American is really grating.
- More faces and hairstyles or other options to differentiate your troops
- Complete the expanded UFO system that is currently disabled
- As above but with the second play through options - and more of these - to add Game+ customization for fine tuning of difficulty and challenges
Lockinvar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, elite soldier pack, pre-order, slingshot content pack, slingshot pack, triad, xcom, xcom: enemy unknown