bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Oct 2012, 11:12   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Intel launches 20nm 335 Series SSD

240GB model the first on the market.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ntel-335-ssd/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2012, 15:55   #2
phoenixck
Supermodder

phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So there'll be no real world difference?

To do, put in a water loop, then fry all my components.
phoenixck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2012, 16:02   #3
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixck View Post
So there'll be no real world difference?
If they can shrink to a 20nm process and not lose capacity, performance or longevity, then that's considered a win. Think of NAND flash process shrinks as the exact opposite of CPU process shrinks.

What it *should* do is lead to cheaper SSDs, as Intel can fit more chips on a single silicon wafer. Initially, however, the lower yields of the new process will wipe out the savings - hence the 160 price to rivals' 110-150 price ranges.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2012, 19:44   #4
SAimNE
Multimodder

SAimNE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
um... ocz already has a 240gb flash drive with higher sequential read/writes, good reviews on reliability, and its cheaper then these.
SAimNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 11:16   #5
Farfalho
Supermodder

Farfalho has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAimNE
... and it's cheaper than these.
- Fixed that for you

Seeing an Intel SSD of such capacity for that price is quite a surprise. As the yields start to improve maybe the price will drop to the sweet spot. My only concern is why some manufacturers release 240GB instead of 256GB, as it's known, the real "estate" is always less than the announced thus making the 256GB option more appealing.
Farfalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 21:18   #6
jimmyjj
Hypermodder

jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Review on Anand Tech here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6388/i...5-240gb-review

I have an Intel 330 and am insanely pleased with it.
Old 1st Nov 2012, 09:43   #7
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.
Reliability figures on these?
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 10:03   #8
icemanTM
Minimodder

icemanTM has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
any reliability issues like OCZ's.... I was previously an owner of an OCZ issues which gave nothing but pain... dont want to change my Crucial this time unless its approved to be reliable by communities
icemanTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20nm, intel, intel series 335, mlc, nand flash, rob crooke, sata-iii, series 335, series 335 ssd, solid-state, solid-state drive, solid-state storage, ssd