bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 2nd Oct 2014, 23:18   #1
GTIgeneral
Multimodder

GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.
Whats your favorite podcasts?

I spend most of my work day on my own wiring up portable cabins so i have started listening to podcasts as i have grown bored of my usual music.

The ones i am currently subscribed to are

Mysterious Universe - A lot of nonsense about paranormal stuff including aliens, bigfoot conspiracies etc - i know most of it is bullcrap but it is entertaining and the presenters are pretty funny

BBC Inside Science - talks about the latest science discovery and news, really interesting show and not to dry

BBC radio 4 Friday Night Comedy - mostly political satire and comedy

Wired podcast - not the best show, talks about technology and gadgets.

Tech Fetish - bunch of guys talking nonsense mostly, something to pass the time

So what do you listen to on a regular basis?
GTIgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 04:43   #2
d_stilgar
Old School Modder

d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is Only a Test
Adam Savage (Mythbusters) and the Tested crew talk about random stuff once a week. It's pretty good.

99% Invisible
A design podcast that tells the remarkable stories about the design of everyday stuff all around us. It's pretty awesome.

Hello Internet
CGP Grey (of youtube fame) and Brady Haran (Numberphile, Periodic Videos and more) talk about random stuff. It's pretty alright.

This Week In Tech
I haven't been keeping up with this lately. Who hasn't heard of this one, though, right?
d_stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 06:58   #3
sparkyboy22
Web Tinkerer

sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My favourites

Answer me this.
Scummy Mummies
Risk
5 truths and a lie (when it ever updates)
Infinite Monkey Cage
The Skeptics Guide to the Universe
The Bugle

Online RC Shop Search Engine
sparkyboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 07:35   #4
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.
The Bugle
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks
Rhod Gilbert's Best Bits

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)
wolfticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 08:38   #5
marlowdrummer
Multimodder

marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.marlowdrummer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Linux Outlaws
Friday night comedy (BBC)
TuxRadar - when I run out of the two above.
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 13:11   #6
ashchap
Multimodder

ashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyan
BBC:
BBC Inside Science
Friday Night Comedy
More or Less: Behind the Stats
The Infinite Monkey Cage

Other:
The Bugle
PC Pro

I'm really in need of some good PC gaming podcasts. Any recommendations?
ashchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 15:19   #7
d_stilgar
Old School Modder

d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.d_stilgar is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
A Life Well Wasted
This is a great video game podcast, but I think it's more or less over now. Either the guy lost interest or ran out of stuff to talk about. Olly Moss did posters for it too. So bummed that aren't more updates now.
d_stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 16:13   #8
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Season has ended so far but Richard Herrings Leicester square theatre podcast is good comedy with some good guests, you can download all the old seasons.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 16:35   #9
megamale
Multimodder

megamale has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hands down the best podcast ever is:
Hardcore History
Dan Carlin is an epic (his)story teller. Nothing comes close in my opinion. Only the past year is available and the rest is downloadable for a price.

In Our Time
this a Radio 4 show. A topic in Science, History, Philosphy or other is talked about with 3 top experts in the matter (usually university professors). No attempt whatsoever to dumb things down so be ready to rewind.

Inside Health
Another Radio 4 show. They pick a health topic and go around the NHS interviweing top experts. Really well done.

Guardian Science Weekly
Science show. Well done, and they cover most of the science news you need to be aware of.

More or Less
Debunking of statistical nonsense and headline abuses. Very funny.

And plenty others, but these are a good start.
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 23:40   #10
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Jay & Silent Bob Get Old
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2014, 06:49   #11
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Currently listening to a (mostly) motorcycle travel podcast.

It's in German though.

is there a decent podcast search/downloader for Android?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2014, 09:28   #12
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
There are loads, I use podcast addict on Android.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2014, 14:06   #13
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
Linux Outlaws - Linux and Technology discussion from Fab & Dan
Ubuntu UK Podcast - Ubuntu, Linux and Technology discussion
Linux Voice - Linux and Technology, from the Linux Voice Magazine
PC Pro - Tech discussion from PC Pro Magazine
Bad Voltage - FOSS, Tech and other bits, featuring Brian Lunduke (of Linux Tycoon fame), Jeremy Garcia from LinuxQuestions.org, ans Stuart Langridge and Jono Bacon, both from LUGRadio and Shot of Jaq podcasts
Inside Science
The Infinite Monkey Cage - Brian Cox, Paul Ince, and a host of guests discuss science and comedy

Occasionally I also listen to The Dick Turpin Road Show (yet another Linux/Tech one)
badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2014, 17:57   #14
GTIgeneral
Multimodder

GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.GTIgeneral is definitely a rep cheat.
some great podcasts here, The Infinite Monkey Cage sounds good, looking forward to trying it out when i get back from holidays
GTIgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2014, 10:14   #15
Porkins' Wingman
Can't touch this

Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.
I've always liked Kermode and Mayo's film reviews from 5Live, but I don't seem to find the time to ever listen to them, let alone all these other interesting suggestions.
"Porkins' Wingman's post is just about the most thoughtful, inciteful post I have ever read on a public forum anywhere. It has made me think....which is no mean feat in itself." - Provoking thought since 8th March 2014
Porkins' Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:52   #16
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
I've been listening to:
On the town with the league of gentlemen, a 6 piece radio comedy.

Could you recommend me something similar?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is online now   Reply With Quote

View Mode