bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old Yesterday, 12:14   #1
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Dangerous Days: On the Edge of Blade Runner

This documentary was shown on BBC a few nights ago and I thought it would be of interest to some Sci-Fi fans. It's just under 100 minutes long and whilst I didn't watch the whole thing when it was on, what I did see of it was very detailed and interesting and I recorded it on Sky+ to watch when I have time. It's available on iPlayer until Monday night at the following link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...f-blade-runner

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:47   #2
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Pieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Is it just me who expected this thread to be about Oscar Pistorious?
Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:37   #3
blackerthanblack
Supermodder

blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.
I noticed they showed the film a few nights ago and was cursing myself for not watching it (odd the things you still watch on normal TV even though you have the DVDs). Good shout, I'll be sure to pick this up on iPlayer.
Old Yesterday, 14:21   #4
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.
For the real indulgent Blade Runner superfan experience you need to see the full 213 minute (3.5hr ) version of the documentary that came with the Final Cut.

An epic documentary for an epic film.

Well worth it, especially for the stuff about the SFX. A true high water mark in miniature/matte painting/in-camera work.

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)

Last edited by wolfticket; Yesterday at 14:28.
wolfticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:21   #5
Porkins' Wingman
Can't touch this

Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.Porkins' Wingman is definitely a rep cheat.
I really should watch Blade Runner some day soon, it's been on my 'to watch' list for about 25 years but I'm pretty sure I've never seen it from start to finish, despite owning the fancy DVD boxset.
"Porkins' Wingman's post is just about the most thoughtful, inciteful post I have ever read on a public forum anywhere. It has made me think....which is no mean feat in itself." - Provoking thought since 8th March 2014
Porkins' Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:53   #6
TheBlackSwordsMan
Moto: Never Justify A Fake Mustache

TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.
For the last time, Rick Deckard is not a replican.
Old Yesterday, 21:38   #7
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
My all time favourite film. Thanks Unicorn

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:03   #8
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerthanblack View Post
I noticed they showed the film a few nights ago and was cursing myself for not watching it (odd the things you still watch on normal TV even though you have the DVDs). Good shout, I'll be sure to pick this up on iPlayer.
The film itself (though I'm not sure which cut, original theatrical or otherwise) is also on iPlayer until Sunday night/Monday morning which I thought was a pretty cool touch from the BBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfticket View Post
For the real indulgent Blade Runner superfan experience you need to see the full 213 minute (3.5hr ) version of the documentary that came with the Final Cut.

An epic documentary for an epic film.

Well worth it, especially for the stuff about the SFX. A true high water mark in miniature/matte painting/in-camera work.
When you say the final cut, do you mean the special collectors edition steel book? Because whilst I have it, I don't think I've seen everything that came with it, and was certainly not aware that it contained a 3.5 hour documentary!

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blade runner, sci-fi, tv, tv shows

View Mode