bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 31st Oct 2012, 16:26   #1
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
[Cooler Mod] Abstract by AnG3L - Vote & Support a friend!

I would like to welcome you to my this years entry which is going to be a scratch cooler mod based on Coolermasters V6GT Cpu cooler!
I am going to improvise once again so expect constant changes and a theme based on abstract art. So lets start!

Here I fully disassembled the cooler. The only part I am going to use is the heatsink and the fans.

The main materials that I am going to use with my creation is aluminum and acrylic. Here I use some aluminum angles for the main part which
is going to connect the heatsink with the custom body. First I created two same pieces for each side but afterward I changed my mind and used only one as
I changed my original plans!

I am using the most simple tools for that creation as I wanted to enjoy this instead of using laser or cnc which I have easy access to them. Back to basics for more modding joy and to showoff my skills!!!

Testing the holes for the main screws. 100 % success!

Adding the thread inserts for the fan screws.

For the top part I used a 5mm clear acrylic piece I had spare lying around which it was already bend too! Also removed a piece from the aluminum part
for maximum airflow.

Next I created a piece out of 2mm aluminum for my custom fan holder. Took me a while to cut and file it due to the use of simple tools!

Here is the creation of my custom fan shroud. I used a 1mm aluminum sheet which I bended on a 120mm surface by using a plastic hammer.

Mark it in order to cut 2 same pieces.

I draw a 120 mm circle in order to make sure everything is bend properly. I connected the 2 pieces with 5mm X 2cm acrylic which I filed into the desired shape.

Next part is the piece which is going to hold the shroud on the main top part. Simple tools and files were used so it took me a while!

I used an aluminum grey spray paint I found accidentally in the DIY store which turned out to be so strong imitating almost powder coating!
I removed the frame from the fans as I am going to make custom ones. The fan stickers are the same I used for the Future Schlock Project I did in the past.

More parts from acrylic were created for the top part and more will follow!! I also polished the shroud holder instead of painting it!

Thats all for now guys, thanks for watching my work, till next update, peace!

Last edited by AnG3L; 11th Dec 2012 at 21:16.
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 16:27   #2
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
I will continue with the final update and pictures!

I have added some di-noc carbon fiber for an extra touch (haters dont bother cause I proved my self already) and also added
a red led which can be plugged in HDD Power or activity! Enjoy!

Old 31st Oct 2012, 16:33   #3
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks astounding!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 16:35   #4
Razarach
Multimodder

Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Perfect. Nice work
Razarach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 20:22   #5
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
This thing looks stunning... Love the somewhat organic feeling to it, ang3l style. I generally dislike the use of carbon fiber, but this one looks sooo god. And the fan in the back, hanging from above, mmmmm... Very well done, as usual

Follow me on: https://www.facebook.com/lovehultenau
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 21:48   #6
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Very nice, allthough it would be a total waste in any of my cases during the last 15 years due to the lack of a window ^^

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2012, 23:55   #7
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just wow!
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 00:37   #8
subby
Me...just like you...only better

subby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks amazing, well done
subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 03:15   #9
Mechh69
I think we can make that fit

Mechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Beautiful job first of all, second I liked the fact that you used simple hand tools to create your project and did a wonderful job at it. It looks very professional and honestly if you would have not said you used simple tools I would have never guessed it was hand made. I'm working on a current project now but I'm not sure that I am going to post a log as I have log envy from watching you guys with your works of art!.

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Mechh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 05:11   #10
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Good to see you back mate. Nice work and a nice little mod. Good luck in the comp.
Old 1st Nov 2012, 05:41   #11
KithKhan
A dremel is all you need.

KithKhan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's one of the coolest mods ever!
KithKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 07:17   #12
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
GOD I've missed you and your genius modding!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 09:47   #13
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
is there word EPICEST in english?
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 10:56   #14
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
+1 Absofeckinglutely

Woo hoooo, it's soooo good to see you modding again Alex, my eyes lit up & I grinned like a Cheshire cat when I seen a new project with your name attached.

Mighty fine bit of modding there & trade markably original as always, short but awesome mini project, hope we see more from you sometime soon, you've definitely been missed.

Am I ever glad coolermaster decided to do an alternative compo & you couldn't resist.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 11:21   #15
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Very nice
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 11:40   #16
phinix
Say it! Who's your dremel?!

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
Sweet, man! I love it. See, you always do these kind of "organic" shapes - it's never just a rectangular, angled shapes. You always add this artistic touch to those pieces to make it all together unique and original.
I really like acrylic pieces and I can bet that top bit was hard to polish to this result!
star citizen :::
ARBITER: Origin Jumpworks 325A LTI
phinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 12:00   #17
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Looks astounding!
Thanks Kid nice to see you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razarach View Post
Perfect. Nice work
Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
This thing looks stunning... Love the somewhat organic feeling to it, ang3l style. I generally dislike the use of carbon fiber, but this one looks sooo god. And the fan in the back, hanging from above, mmmmm... Very well done, as usual
Thanks bro, carbon was used last minute to give it a little extra touch, guess some people like it and some dont. Also one guy attacked me on FB lol crazy things going on! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Very nice, allthough it would be a total waste in any of my cases during the last 15 years due to the lack of a window ^^
Dremel - acrylic = done! Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Just wow!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subby View Post
Looks amazing, well done
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechh69 View Post
Beautiful job first of all, second I liked the fact that you used simple hand tools to create your project and did a wonderful job at it. It looks very professional and honestly if you would have not said you used simple tools I would have never guessed it was hand made. I'm working on a current project now but I'm not sure that I am going to post a log as I have log envy from watching you guys with your works of art!.
Simple tools and things I had laying around due to lack of money but I managed to finished it by actually buying only a primer! Thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
Good to see you back mate. Nice work and a nice little mod. Good luck in the comp.
Thanks Attila my friend always nice and honored to hear from you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KithKhan View Post
That's one of the coolest mods ever!
Wow thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
I ve missed you too you bald crazy bas!#$% :P Thanks brah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post
is there word EPICEST in english?
We will make this an official word! Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
+1 Absofeckinglutely

Woo hoooo, it's soooo good to see you modding again Alex, my eyes lit up & I grinned like a Cheshire cat when I seen a new project with your name attached.

Mighty fine bit of modding there & trade markably original as always, short but awesome mini project, hope we see more from you sometime soon, you've definitely been missed.

Am I ever glad coolermaster decided to do an alternative compo & you couldn't resist.
If there was an award for commenting it will actually had your name bro something like "Wayne's Awards" !! Thanks brother I always appreciate your presence and comments! Dont think that I will be modding any time soon, this was just something to enjoy and fill my empty time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
Very nice
Thanks!!
Old 1st Nov 2012, 12:02   #18
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinix View Post
Sweet, man! I love it. See, you always do these kind of "organic" shapes - it's never just a rectangular, angled shapes. You always add this artistic touch to those pieces to make it all together unique and original.
I really like acrylic pieces and I can bet that top bit was hard to polish to this result!
Nice to hear from you mate!! Yeah you are right organic shapes, crazy ideas and polishing was a little harsh even though I had more more difficult projects in the past (Synthetica!) Thanks for being here and commenting bro!!
Old 1st Nov 2012, 17:12   #19
dmcgrath
Master of Pancakes

dmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Alex, thanks for opening up that box and showing us where you keep your amazing brain!

Can a cooler be nominated for MOTM? I think you deserve it.
dmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 18:23   #20
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Alex, you have taken a part not many people bother modding and turned it in to a master piece, loooks absolutely brilliant mate...top moding
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode