1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Gaming mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TobletDanillio, 31 Oct 2012.

1. TobletDanillio

TobletDanillio Minimodder

I'm after a cheap gaming keyboard & mice.

I'm thinking on a Gigabyte M6900 For a mouse.

linky

But I really don't know what keyboard to get can you guys help?

Only really want to spend a max of £40

edit

Seeing as gaming peripherals are pricer that I was thinking I will be just getting a mouse for now and look for a keyboard later.
    what I want;
    Palm grip
    High DPI but want to be able to lower it on the fly for sniping on battlefield 3.
    I have never had extra buttons so it's something I know nothing about so I'm going to say a few.
    Colour doesn't matter really.
    Build quality is the most important thing as I will be using this till it breaks.

thinking of the CYBORG R.A.T. 5 at the moment [url="http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/6816029/art/cyborg/cyborg-r-a-t-5-mouse.html]Linky[/url]

thanks for your help

Last edited: 3 Nov 2012
  2. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

For a cheap mouse, the logitech g400 is a good bet, and logitech is very well known for fantastic support.

For a cheap keyboard, the only ones that I know people like are the Microsoft sidewinder range.

Edit: is that £40 for both or for the keyboard?

3. Quuwahi

Quuwahi What's a Dremel?

Well for £40 your not really going to get anything that well, any different from anything else. from my experience low end keyboards & mice are pretty much the same inside its all style / looks.

I would never buy a keyboard that isn't Mechanical anymore.

If you were willing to spend a little extra I would get:

Razer DeathAdder This is an exceptional gaming mouse and I would recommend it.

A little bit of higher prices:

Cyborg V7 I have this keyboard on a general PC I have and the keys are pretty solid, the lights are also a nice touch and i would recommend it if your only willing to spend £50 on one.

4. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Just get a simple quality keyboard from Microsoft or Cherry, don't be tempted by special gaming features unless you are certain you absolutely need them as they are generally very gimmicky.

The Sidewinder X4 is an exception, quite a nice keyboard for gaming etc.

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

It's possible to get MX mechanical keyboard for about that like the HPE 87, as long as you can stretch a little bit more to cover some shipping. Also if you don't mind used, a much larger selection could open up for you.

6. TobletDanillio

I have a logitech keyboard and mouse and I do love them so...

I would only get a mechanical keyboard as I like to keep things for years. I have had this set for 7 years and only want a new one for gaming.
    I think I will just get a mouse for now thinking of;

CM Storm Inferno Linky
    as I like the style

MIONIX Naos 3200 Linky

Logitech G500 Linky As a friend recommended the G5

I have used the Cyborg V5 and I don't like it for typing and not that great for gaming so I would have to try it before I buy one

I use a Cherry keyboard at work and its great love the quality

I will get a mechanical keyboard at some point but I like having the number keys on the right. so I wouldn't get that keyboard sorry.

7. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Friends will recommend any mouse they try as long as it's half decent, and 90% of the mice out there are half decent so the best we can do I think is to determine any specific preferences you have and suggest which mice best suit such preferences.

So, you palm grip or fingertip? What DPI? Any extra button preferences? Any colour preferences? How important is build quality to you?

8. TobletDanillio

Very ture Ok.

Palm grip with a high DPI but want to be able to lower it on the fly for sniping on battlefield 3. I have never had extra buttons so it's something I know nothing about so I'm going to say a few. Colour doesn't matter really. Build quality is the most important thing as I will be using this till it breaks.

9. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Okay, mice that come to mind for build quality are the logitech G500 as you mentioned (not the G400 though), the Corsair M60 (excellent sniping button you can hold down and it changes DPI while it's held, also made of aluminium, but probably out of your budget) and anything Steelseries.

I personally think the G500 will be your best bet, especially since Logitech customer support is legendary (pretty much send you a new one if it breaks) and it follows all your criteria. Also isn't too expensive with a budget of £40. Very solid, very decent mouse.

The only thing about the RAT series is that more than one person has told me that they have very bad build quality, although I haven't tried them personally. In comparison, regarding Logitech I have only ever heard praise about their solid quality (and have tried multiple Logitech mice myself so I can confirm that).

10. TobletDanillio

Just come back from PC world had a quick play with the MAD R.A.T 5 and it feels really nice but the quality isn't the best and the quality of the G500 is a lot better.

What about the cooler master Storm Inferno?

11. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

You should ask Kovoet, he has tried all the Coolermaster mice I believe.

The only CM mouse I used was the Storm Spawn, and the build quality of that was pretty much built to last. Felt good but the side buttons were a little creaky.

12. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

And gone back to them. Mionix felt nice but hated the software. I always go back to these mice and swear by them

13. TobletDanillio

good to know I will get a cm then :)