bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Nov 2012, 09:43   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Elite Kickstarter launches

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ter-launches/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 10:01   #2
Blackshark
Multimodder

Blackshark has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no link?
Blackshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 10:05   #3
vampalan
Multimodder

vampalan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
gosh, will need to google it myself
vampalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 10:20   #4
aacchhoo
What's a Dremel?

aacchhoo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lite-dangerous
aacchhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 11:01   #5
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
DAAAMMMM...why is this happening all at once? Theres star citizen as well.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 15:40   #6
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why do people need Elite 4 when they already have Eve Online that was inspired not only by Elite but also games like Freelancer and others and then went way beyond that.

Star Citizen looks interesting and good to see a developer so passionate about PC gaming tho it's a shame his "vision" still seems limited in what is on offer, tho the free to play model is certainly appealing.
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2012, 15:53   #7
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Eve is very expensive, if you only play a few hours a month a single payment game works out much cheaper. Besides last time I played Eve I spent more time reading whilst my ship sat mining, decided it was an expensive way to make time for books.
Old 7th Nov 2012, 16:31   #8
blacko
Multimodder

blacko has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
EVE is good if you've got no life and a decent bank balance.
blacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 02:44   #9
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As much as I would love this to work and as much as I loved playing the original, EvE really as picked up where Elite left off and done so much more, I'm not sure it'll do well.
Nostalgia can be great but it doesn't always sell very well.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 07:27   #10
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmclean007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmclean007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmclean007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmclean007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmclean007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodspoon
As much as I would love this to work and as much as I loved playing the original, EvE really as picked up where Elite left off and done so much more, I'm not sure it'll do well.
Nostalgia can be great but it doesn't always sell very well.
Depends how it's priced - at £15 I'd pick up a copy for a quick blast just for old times' sake, but if it is released at £40+ then I'll steer clear.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 07:51   #11
GravitySmacked
Left of center

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
As I posted in the other thread I had a blast with Eve for the first 2 years after launch but then I had children and couldn't afford to sink so much time into a game (getting around in Eve isn't the speediest) plus all the politics, interesting yes but also time consuming. Still Eve is one of my favourite games of all time but I haven't got the time anymore.

Bring on a new Elite; the original game made me a gamer.

Find me on Wii U, Xbox Live and PSN under GravitySmacked
GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote