bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Nov 2012, 09:04   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Former Square Enix director slams company's lack of vision

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ms-company-s/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 10:53   #2
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Suzuki also highlights the huge development costs the company faces, claiming that HD gaming is a burden to the company.
Unfortunatly, it confirms my thought that game studios spend much more money and time making nice GFX that trying to be creative or refining the gameplay. It's more pityful considering that they mostly resuse a ready-to-use game engine (cry engine, Unreal engine, etc...).

3D caraters take time to make, 3D environement take time to make, as well as texture, animation, etc .... everything costing more and more money .... and it has to run well will all those polygons and high res texture .... "Jeez the game has to be released, it costed too much already .... lets throw it as it is, no need to have a finished game or a top-class gameplay".

I'm tired to see always the same gameplays, with just different GFX and a different name on the splash screen.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 13:18   #3
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Could have made more money if they had released the 2012 version of FFVII on Steam.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 21:35   #4
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
could make a tonne of money fully remaking ff7 in full HD using todays graphics.

Everyone who loves FF Would buy it instantly.

ff13x2 was pretty awful ff13 was worse

make a decent game and foke will buy it

sleeping dogs for example nice game sold 1.5mil copys.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2012, 21:52   #5
LordPyrinc
Legomaniac

LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I still like playing the original NES version of Final Fantasy, although I recently found the re-released version of FF1 and FF2 for the Gameboy Advance. Game mechanics of the GBA version of FF1 were definitely changed and in many ways made the game easier, but at least they didn't tweak the graphics too much. Great game, regardless of graphics. Remember the original green screen GameBoy? Lots of good, fun games, including some FF releases but no one could say the graphics were astonishing.

Great gameplay and great graphics aren't always exclusive of each other, take Skyrim for example... but often these days you either get one or the other, or a mediocre attempt at achieving both.

Intel i7-920 @ 2.66GHz - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Windows7 64bit
2 x 150GB WD VelociRaptor HDs (RAID 0) - 1TB WD 7200 rpm HD - 60GB OCZ SSD - 1TB WD External USB HD
2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB Superclocked (Dual SLI) - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate KB
Cooler Master HAF 922 - Antec 850W TruePower Quattro - 27" Samsung S27B550 LED Display
LordPyrinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 01:23   #6
dr-strangelove
Multimodder

dr-strangelove has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic
3D caraters take time to make, 3D environement take time to make, as well as texture, animation, etc .... everything costing more and more money .... and it has to run well will all those polygons and high res texture .... "Jeez the game has to be released, it costed too much already .... lets throw it as it is, no need to have a finished game or a top-class gameplay".
I think you're very close to the mark - what I can't understand is how this attitude can prevail when companies like Blizzard, Valve and Bethesda Softworks will take years working on, refining and perfecting a game before releasing it and they are all acclaimed for it as well as being some of the top earners in the industry

Last edited by dr-strangelove; 9th Nov 2012 at 01:24. Reason: Fixed italics
dr-strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 09:22   #7
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-strangelove View Post
I think you're very close to the mark - what I can't understand is how this attitude can prevail when companies like Blizzard, Valve and Bethesda Softworks will take years working on, refining and perfecting a game before releasing it and they are all acclaimed for it as well as being some of the top earners in the industry
Well .... BliČ is a special case, what they did with Diablo is not really acceptable. Ok, they are releasing patches to improve the gameplay experience ... but the game took 12 years and still has been release at a "beta" state. D2 is still far better than D3 IMHO. I play D3 almost everyday, but from my experience with D2 (played it from day 1 to end of 2011) they made the same mistakes they made with D2 when it came out.

D2 was far from perfect, but it improved with time and especialy the LOD expansion. I wasn't expecting a perfect D3, but with the time spent on D3 + the return on experience with D2 ...

12 years for a DX9 game (DX9 is 10+ years old) realsed in a pre beta state is unacceptable. Now the game is better, but still has major gameplay issues that will result in another wave of carater nerfing. Small adjustements are predictable, but what they are doing is almost a full reroll, due to a lack of real testing. When you are Blizzard, when you have their money, when you take 12 years to develop a game .... you have a team of testers spending all their time playing the game in real life situation during the whole dev time.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is online now   Reply With Quote