bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Nov 2012, 09:19   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sony issues custom firmware ultimatum

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...tom-firmware/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 10:03   #2
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Sony's response to console modification has convinced me to never purchase another Sony console again. If they paid attention to the modding scene they would know that a spoof will be out in no time to counter this.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 10:16   #3
Anfield
Hypermodder

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Why bother with a crackdown so late in the products life cycle?
Just bring out a new console already and let people do with their ps3 whatever they want.
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 10:39   #4
Jaybles
Hypermodder

Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Because, to quote the Joker, "it's about sending a message." A lot of these players will transfer to Sony's next gen console and Sony have to show that they will not stand for this. Also remember that not everyone will drop their PS3 and go buy next gen straight away, if at all. Furthermore I would suggest that it will most likely be at least a year before the next console comes out.
i7 950 @ 3.8 1.192v|Noctua NH-U12P SE2|Asus P6X58D-E|12 GB DDR3 1600|1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3|Samsung 830 64GB|XFX Double D R7950|Asus Xonar DG|Antec Quattro 850w|Bitfenix Colossus|Dell U2311H|Dell E173FP
Steam|PSN:nythraln
Jaybles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 13:10   #5
ShinyAli
Supermodder

ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ShinyAli - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
It will be interesting to see just how much the next sony console costs as their consoles are usually the most expensive and as the power of PC's has increased for the same money over the years you can now buy a PC that can play games pretty well for the price of a new sony console and have the advantages of a PC
ShinyAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 14:53   #6
Sub-particle 0.76
What's a Dremel?

Sub-particle 0.76 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If they want to play online, most of these people are willing to cough up for another PS3. Xbox scene proves that. What they do not want however is paying over the odds for every single games they like that come out.
Sub-particle 0.76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 15:51   #7
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sony are just cracking down on piracy before it catches on with the more mainstream ps3 users. I think what they are doing is a good form on anti piracy, because it actually doesnt affect legitimate users in any way.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 15:58   #8
Deders
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't think Sony are doing so well financially, would be a shame to see them disappear completely.
i5 750@3800 - MSI P55 GD65 - Asus GTX780 DirectCU II OC 3GB @1215 & 7000 - 8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @1800 8-9-8 - Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 500W - Nanoxia Deep Silence One - X-FI Xtreme Gamer - Samsung 830 128GB - Spinpoint F3 1TB - WD RE4 2TB - WD Caviar Blue 640 - Dell U2913WM - Logitech G19 - Corsair M65 - Thermaltake Contac 29 with Noctua NF-F12 PWM.
Deders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 15:58   #9
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd View Post
Sony's response to console modification has convinced me to never purchase another Sony console again. If they paid attention to the modding scene they would know that a spoof will be out in no time to counter this.
So you won't buy a Sony console. You cannot buy a Microsoft console either, because they have exactly the same response (mod your console, get your console banned from XBOX Live forever). Will you buy Wii then ?
Old 15th Nov 2012, 18:09   #10
chrismarkham1982
amateur destroyer/Head not well

chrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Forks and eyes sounds better than a WiiU
hard or soft to suit your taste

Sony Vaio SVE1513Q1EB (I5 3230m, 8GB DDR3-1600, 128 SSD/750GB HDD) - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1...now the Wife's...she dosn't seem to appreciate it - Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4
chrismarkham1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 18:15   #11
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't know why people spit out so much hate towards this approach. Sure, in the beginning there was the option to boot Linux and all that, but let's face it... most people used all of the possibilities to hack and cheat and that's why Sony stopped supporting it.

The fault is the mass of users who exploited, not Sony.

If you want to mod, cheat or exploit... go play PC-games. Consoles are closed ecosystems. Period.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 18:47   #12
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I support this as a PS3 player who is tired of running into cheaters online. I do feel sympathy for those who might mod their system without the intent to cheat anyone who they might be playing with and has other reasons for doing so but seriously, why do I have to play Dark Souls and run into people who have god mode online or Killzone where it's just clear people are hacking. I shouldn't have to deal with it just because the console is coming to the end of it's lifespan. I hope this stands true for their next console from the very start. I use my console to game and it already has the ability to access the web as well as the computers on my network to stream audio/video, I don't really see what it's missing.
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 19:01   #13
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd View Post
So you won't buy a Sony console. You cannot buy a Microsoft console either, because they have exactly the same response (mod your console, get your console banned from XBOX Live forever). Will you buy Wii then ?
Lol no. I think they're all terrible.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2012, 21:14   #14
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbh96 View Post
Sony are just cracking down on piracy before it catches on with the more mainstream ps3 users. I think what they are doing is a good form on anti piracy, because it actually doesnt affect legitimate users in any way.
As a legitimate user who isn't affected by this I agree. It's a good way to keep away the "i serched how 2 pirate ps3 2 play black ops 4 free" crowd without making everything a massive DRM nightmare.
Old 16th Nov 2012, 04:54   #15
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
ps3 is and was my last console. PC cheesecake!
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 08:15   #16
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deders
I don't think Sony are doing so well financially, would be a shame to see them disappear completely.
sony is not doing bad... maybe they lost this generation in consoles but remember they in everything, TV, Fridges, microwaves, audio everything and many other electronics. gaming is not as most ppl in gaming scene think is their biggest... its actually one of their small - mid size departments. sony is more more more than fine.

not to say they will throw money at a losing department tho. will u if "your" gaming department is not making money? exactly like microsoft, is xbox fails, the company is still not gonna do bad with all their other stuff.
Griffter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 10:29   #17
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deders View Post

I don't think they'll be panicking just yet...
Old 16th Nov 2012, 10:58   #18
Zener Diode
User Title

Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
^That is in Yen I think, in case anyone is wondering.
Zener Diode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2012, 11:13   #19
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yep, multiply by 0.0123 to convert to dollars, 0.0078 for sterling.

That's total assets of over 100,000,000,000.