bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Nov 2012, 08:57   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Lian Li PC-A76 review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...c-a76-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 10:27   #2
capmoq
Minimodder

capmoq has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Decent looks, poor cooling performance, ridiculous price tag. Never understood people who would buy those Lian Li cases..
capmoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 11:15   #3
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
reminds me of film equilibrium. I'd rather mod and look at this case for the next 6 years than have a jerry can humvee in my room
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 11:53   #4
Sutura
Modder

Sutura has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by greigaitken
reminds me of film equilibrium. I'd rather mod and look at this case for the next 6 years than have a jerry can humvee in my room
That is one of those comments I really don't understand. I mean really. Would you clarify what do you mean>? What has the movie Equilibrium to do with the case? Jerry can- a device for carrying gasoline to distant locations? Humvee- a hammer-type jeep? It may look as if I am joking, but english is not my native language. I had to check that combination: "jerry can humvee" and I think I get where you hint at.
Old 19th Nov 2012, 13:03   #5
SlowMotionSuicide
Come Hell or High Water

SlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for president
Here you go.

HTPC: i3-3225 | H77-Pro4-M | 4Gb Ripjaws | GTX 660 |120 Gb Samsung 840 | Corsair CX400W | Silverstone GD-04
SlowMotionSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 14:13   #6
greigaitken
Supermodder

I prefer if my case looks more like a classy sports car than a military toolbox. what the movie has to do with case is that they have a similar sleek styling. I am not a fan of this film any more than say toy story, but they all have tidy clothes. this case is probably too straight laced for me but it's hell uva lot better than most realeases.

http://www.equilibriumfans.com/Equil...ery-page18.htm
Old 19th Nov 2012, 14:28   #7
Sutura
Modder

Sutura has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
10x, point taken. Me too. I still find some older cases to be looking great: e.g: 1. http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/e...p-ares-cg6150/ , eg. 2 http://www.overclock.net/t/735848/pr...date-27-august .
Old 19th Nov 2012, 14:40   #8
greigaitken
Supermodder

you have definately highlighted that a good case design is Very subjective.
Old 19th Nov 2012, 17:05   #9
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't really see how that is good case design, it is just a rectangular aluminium box. Don't get me wrong it looks nice (I own an equally boring fractal r3), but its hardly revolutionary.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 18:32   #10
SinxarKnights
Multimodder

SinxarKnights has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Water cooled quad SLI anybody?
SinxarKnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2012, 23:26   #11
leslie
Just me!

leslie has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleslie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just another manufacturer stuck in the past.

In an age where you can put an I7, nice video card and 6tb of storage on a mini-ITX shoved in a shoebox, the days of needing cases like this have long been over except those rare few. How many are using more than a few drives (NAS anyone?)? How many are using a single, much less a pair of DVD's?

Cases like this are impressive in looks, but not much else.

Itty Bitty File Server (mini-itx cube) - 8in alum/oak cube, 2TB, 25watts, 100% silent
Desktop - 2600k@4.2, Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3, 16gb Corsair DDR3-1600, XFX 6870 1GB, 2x Crucial 128 M4, PcP&C 750 Silencer, Fractal 1000, dual HP 25in, Das w/browns, G700
leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2012, 13:47   #12
Sni9er
Ermmmm 42 ???

Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
personally i will always prefer Lian-Li from a mod point of view the materials used are top quality and have always appealed to the moders out there, they mentioned the case has room for watercooling but also has the facility to take cooling pipes out of the case, my honest opinion is that lian li have leaned this way for years provide rock solid quality chassis that users can modify and if not look visually stunning out of the box

I've always loved Asian minimalist design and this is a continuation of that to me it is beautiful to someone else it may not be but its all in the eye of the beholder

chassis for me have never really been part of my systems "performance" so to me its unfair to rate the case the same way you would other pc hardware

but as I've said its all user interpretation .. i can promise if you ever got your hands an a lian li the quality of the construction would blow you away
Old 26th Nov 2012, 13:55   #13
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie View Post
Just another manufacturer stuck in the past.

In an age where you can put an I7, nice video card and 6tb of storage on a mini-ITX shoved in a shoebox, the days of needing cases like this have long been over except those rare few. How many are using more than a few drives (NAS anyone?)? How many are using a single, much less a pair of DVD's?

Cases like this are impressive in looks, but not much else.
We're PC enthusiasts, the products we consume are generally not designed around 'need'. Aside from the need for a large case to house a full custom watercooling loop.

Optical drives are also not the only devices that use 5.25" bays. You have fan controllers, bay reservoirs, card readers etc.

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote