bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Nov 2012, 07:16   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Minecraft, Tekkit and protecting your losses

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/...ng-the-blocks/
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 07:27   #2
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.
Tekkit server, eh? Somehow that seems familiar... http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=233699

And by the way... Press Full Stop key to open MiniMap options, turn on deathpoints - you'll get a waypoint showing the way back to the point where you died. No more hunting for your stuff . Unless of course you die in lava - a deathpoint won't help you to get your stuff back...

I have death chests enabled on my server, which can survive in lava, and makes sure your dropped items don't get de-spawned.
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 08:21   #3
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Just updated the story with a link to the forum post - cheers BLC!
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 09:32   #4
David_Fitzy
Multimodder

David_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Tekkit is a bit of a douchey group. The mod authors haven't given any permissions to tekkit to distribute their mods and the adverts make tekkit a fair bit of money on what is mostly other peoples work.

If that bothers you try the http://feed-the-beast.com/ mod pack it has all the permissions of the mod authors.

Athlon XP2400+ | Generic FX5200 | SOYO Platinum Dragon Ultra | 1GB Crucial Ram | Maxtor PATA 7200 HDDs: 2x40Gb (RAID0), 2x200Gb(RAID0) | Jeantech Phong case | Black DVD-everything | Black Skythe Kama-meter | dreaded blue LED fans (didn't read the description properly)

At least it's all one colour scheme now
David_Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 10:48   #5
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.
The launcher is awesome though!

And David, you'd done your Spax Pure BD craft wrong, you need this for the tekkit textures http://bdcraft.net/forum/128x-64xtekkit-smp-21-v19
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Sapphire Radeon HD 5870, 128GB Crucial M4, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 11:16   #6
Rob Lang
What's a Dremel?

Rob Lang has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I play standard survival on a server. We build big stuff. I die A LOT. Mostly from Creepers and Falling off things.

When spelunking over the years, I've got adept at popping chests down every so often and leaving markers: torches on the walls light the room, torches on the floor show the way home. Build your chests and torches before you head down and then just keep popping them down every so often.
Rob Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 12:34   #7
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.
/\ Not hardcore...
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Sapphire Radeon HD 5870, 128GB Crucial M4, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 17:50   #8
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.BLC is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Fitzy View Post
Tekkit is a bit of a douchey group. The mod authors haven't given any permissions to tekkit to distribute their mods and the adverts make tekkit a fair bit of money on what is mostly other peoples work.

If that bothers you try the http://feed-the-beast.com/ mod pack it has all the permissions of the mod authors.
Following the recent debacle over Forestry, there was a lot of misinformation and mud-slinging on both sides. Coding your mod so that it would destroy worlds when used with a mod pack and then trying to hide your tracks by later reverting the code is a pretty douchey thing to do; using the work of others without credit, recognition or permission is also a pretty douchey thing to do.

I try not to get drawn into the politics of it all. Tekkit is a great mod pack which works pretty well (despite some of its bugs) and is quite popular. I also enjoy playing it; you miss out on a lot of the newer stuff in the vanilla game, but there's a metric crapton of extra stuff that's good fun to use.
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote