bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Nov 2012, 10:45   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Intel Atom Bay Trail-T, Valleyview-T details leak

OoOE, four cores, LPDDR3 and Intel HD graphics.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-bay-trail-t/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 12:06   #2
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Hope they won't do the same joke than with the cedarview SGX545 (win7 32bits only drivers, no 64bits, no xp, no linux, only w7 32bits). Well played Intel, good cpu and useless graphic drivers.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 13:38   #3
azazel1024
Supermodder

azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.azazel1024 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If you read, it is Ivy Bridge Graphics in it, expected to be 4 EUs to HD2500 6 EUs, with no information on clock rates or anything like that. Drivers might be slightly tweaked due to the difference in interconnects for it, but at its core, it is Ivy Bridge graphics.

So unless Intel wants to change the support, it should fully support 32 and 64 bit as well as XP, Linux, Vista, 7 and 8.
Old 20th Nov 2012, 14:16   #4
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
" with Intel 'dogfooding' "

dogfooding..#&*!!!

They're destroying our language....
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 14:27   #5
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
So unless Intel wants to change the support, it should fully support 32 and 64 bit as well as XP, Linux, Vista, 7 and 8.
Oddly, the only operating system support mentioned anywhere in the slides is Windows 8 32-bit. I'd ask Intel for clarification, but I can tell you what their response would be: "We do not comment on industry rumour or unannounced products."
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 14:38   #6
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
If you read, it is Ivy Bridge Graphics in it, expected to be 4 EUs to HD2500 6 EUs, with no information on clock rates or anything like that. Drivers might be slightly tweaked due to the difference in interconnects for it, but at its core, it is Ivy Bridge graphics.

I already knew it was an "HD" IGP ... just hope Intel won't make the same sh!t they did with the previous gen Atom. They promised a 64bit driver but finaly abandonned it to focus on "HD" line, promised a Linux driver, but .....

Bought a Slim Shuttle with Atom D2700, having faith in Intel promises .... time taught me to NOT trust them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree View Post
Oddly, the only operating system support mentioned anywhere in the slides is Windows 8 32-bit. I'd ask Intel for clarification, but I can tell you what their response would be: "We do not comment on industry rumour or unannounced products."
Think It'll be the same thing happening again and again. They'll just throw a beta Win8 32 bit driver at us, and we'll have to do with it.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A

Last edited by GuilleAcoustic; 20th Nov 2012 at 14:45.
GuilleAcoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2012, 17:16   #7
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This looks alright actually, considering how fast the atom processor is in the razer i, I still think x86 has a place in mobile computing.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 06:16   #8
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think their weak spot here still will be graphics. They've got more than enough money to solve it - either farm it back out to the PowerVR people, or actually get serious about it and hire some real engineers. If they wanted to be dicks, I bet they could steal some of the former ATI engineers from AMD for the right price (unless, of course, those engineers are under non-compete agreements.)

Seems like it might even be time to ease back on the hyper-aggressive tick-tock strategy in the mainline x86 market and start pouring a whole lot of money into mobile - they've gotten more serious, but they're still not that serious if they're talking about Win8-32 in 2014 - that'll be less than a year left before Win9 drops, and it isn't like ARM is standing still.

The Bay Trail-T doesn't like a revolution - they're doing what ARM already did. Arm went to quad core what, a year ago or more? And Intel still won't have an honest-to-god OoO Atom for nearly another 2 years?

I'd guess they're already taping out Broadwell - ease back on that and turn the tick-tock monster on for Atom - Intel's going to get crushed if they don't get serious about mobile a lot faster than they have so far.
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:02   #9
iwod
Multimodder

iwod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Doesn't sounds that impressive to me at all. 2014 we will be talking about SoC with ARMv8 Cortex A57 @ 20nm. Or at least some derivative work from QualComm or Apple. An Atom with same performance but half the power usage is just about as good Cortex A57. So Intel will finally catch up the performance / power metrics compared to ARM camp. But it will still be too expensive to sell. The only way Intel can win this is by having a chip that perform a lot better then ARM but with equal power usage.

Not sure if 2014 will be too late. Or has Intel already started thinking about transitioning to a Fab business model for Apple and Qualcomm
iwod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 10:27   #10
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler
" with Intel 'dogfooding' "

dogfooding..#&*!!!

They're destroying our language....
Quite. What is 'dogfooding' even supposed to mean?!

Tags
arm, atom, bay trail-t, clover trial, cloverview, intel, intel hd, powervr, system-on-chip, valleyview-t