bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:13   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Intel buys Creative's GPU, SoC know-how

$50 million deal for future Atom tech.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...creative-gpu/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:38   #2
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
"Creative Technology, best known for its audio-realted..."

audio-related perhaps?
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:45   #3
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
"Creative Technology, best known for its audio-realted..." audio-related perhaps?
Quite - fixed, ta!
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 11:49   #4
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
they should use the passing of otellini as a springboard for swallowing their pride and putting a deal on the table to putting some NV cores in their cpu - they just have to make up for NV not selling as many GPUS. Dabbling in all the little guys tech will not get them the real mccoy and their cpu tech will always be lifting up a lame duck. I'm not NV fanboy but AMD is the only other ready to roll alternative.
It wouldnt be good for us though as intel would completely dominate in every way instead of just almost every way.
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 12:15   #5
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greigaitken View Post
they should use the passing of otellini as a springboard for swallowing their pride and putting a deal on the table to putting some NV cores in their cpu.
perhaps, but with nvidia selling their own system on a chip they might have little incentive to sell anything to Intel.
theshadow2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 21:31   #6
SazBard
10 Print "C64 ftw"

SazBard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Graphics blaster extreme with Permedia 2 chip set and 4mb ram (I think) was the first graphics card I ever bought. I remember playing Tomb Raider and was mesmerized at how everything looked, ahhh the good ol' days :-D
SazBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 21:40   #7
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.
You old bast@rd SazBard

(I remember playing that as well on an equally bad card, that's bad as in good!)
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2012, 23:37   #8
yougotkicked
A.K.A. YGKtech

yougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd been wondering what became of the Zii architecture. Creative's announcement of it a few years back made it look really promising, but here we are...

Should be interesting to see if some fresh blood helps intel's gpu design; Creative may not be a big player in the field, but Intel's designs aren't much to brag about either, this merging of tech may just end up with something greater than the sum of it's parts.
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 1GB ::::: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
128GB Intel SSD :::: 2x WD 1TB drives in RAID 1
yougotkicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 03:48   #9
LordPyrinc
Legomaniac

LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
You old bast@rd SazBard

(I remember playing that as well on an equally bad card, that's bad as in good!)
I can definitely relate. My first PC was a speedy 133mhz Pentium with a 2 GB hardrive and a Number 9 Graphics card. If i remember correctly, it had 16 MB of RAM which I later upgraded to 24 MB of RAM.

The PC + all the peripherals at the time cost about $3500, roughly $500 less than the used car I was driving at the time. BTW, I got many more years out of the car than the PC. Even after I was done with the car I passed it on to relatives who got many more years/miles out of it.

I can't say the same for the PC. The 2GB hardrive went bad just after the 1yr warranty expired and I ended up spending another $400 on a 4GB replacement. By the time I gave my car to family members, the PC was so obsolete that it had already been junked.

Intel i7-920 @ 2.66GHz - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Windows7 64bit
2 x 150GB WD VelociRaptor HDs (RAID 0) - 1TB WD 7200 rpm HD - 60GB OCZ SSD - 1TB WD External USB HD
2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB Superclocked (Dual SLI) - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate KB
Cooler Master HAF 922 - Antec 850W TruePower Quattro - 27" Samsung S27B550 LED Display
LordPyrinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 08:17   #10
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotkicked View Post
Should be interesting to see if some fresh blood helps intel's gpu design; Creative may not be a big player in the field, but Intel's designs aren't much to brag about either, this merging of tech may just end up with something greater than the sum of it's parts.
Doubt there will be any new blood, sounds like a patent play from Intel, they don't want the staff.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3d blaster, 3dlabs, arm, atom, creative labs, creative technology, gpu, imagination technology, powervr, soc, stemcell, system on chip, ziilabs