bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 23rd Nov 2012, 12:01   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Thermalright launches Archon SB-E 2X

Double-fan redesign for slim tower cooler.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...chon-sb-e-2x/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 21:29   #2
sheninat0r
What's a Dremel?

sheninat0r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why pay $100 for an air cooler in this day and age?
Old 24th Nov 2012, 22:19   #3
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.
People readily pay hundreds of dollars for water cooling, so I see no reason why they wouldn't pay just $99 for an enthusiast level air cooler - there are other extremely successful air coolers which were also around the $99 mark (Thermalright Silver Arrow, Phanteks PH14-TC14PE, Noctua NH-D14).

It'll be interesting to see how this compares to the previous revision of the Archon.
Phun: E8200 @ 4 :: Asus P5Q-E :: 2GB Cellshock :: X1950XT 256 :: CWT 400W
LennyRhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 00:01   #4
Speed
I'm all you need!

Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.
Setting aside the pricing/need etc for high end aircoolers this generation, that product does seem a little on the pricey side when you compare it to the others on the market. Especially considering that is the US market price directly converted into GBP and doesn't factor in the extra we have to pay for what ever reason (Vat, Import Duty, Being British etc).

The SB-E Extreme is just over 50 and change from Scan, will this really perform better than that? Very unlikely considering it uses less heatpipes and has less surface area. Sure if you are buying this you might be a bit tight for room, but shouldn't a smaller product using less materials and heat pipes be cheaper?
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 20:26   #5
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rollo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Corsair h60 is less most of the time in scan sales and will likely out perform this so why bother.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 20:40   #6
Speed
I'm all you need!

Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.
I'd be very surprised if the H60 out performed this to be honest, plus you don't have the risk of it pump failing or making a racket. Corsair don't exactly have the best reputation at the moment when it comes to these coolers, just hope their redesigned ones end up being better.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
archon, archon sb-e 2x, cooler, heatpipe, heatsink, silent torpedo, slim tower cooler, slim tower heatsink, thermalright, ty-141