bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 2nd Dec 2012, 19:52   #1
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Lian Li Pc-7HX Grafit !!! COMPLETED !!! IT IS ON !!!

Time for a small mod named Grafit.

Last week I have picked up a Lian Li PC-7HX in the local hardware store. I didn't had much choice because it had to be this one.
With this case I want to enter in the Lian Li Case Mod Competition. I know that the end of the competition is in less then 2 months. ^^

So lets start!

Fitting the 420 Rad in the front of the case.

Removed the alu that is in the way. To make room for the radiator.

By lowering the radiator in to the hole the top of the case fitted back on it.

Placed some hardware in the case to check out how much space I have left for all the rest.

I picked up some new parts from IT-Service this weekend.

Corsair fans are really well designed.

Working on this piece of plexi when this is ready I will post a new Update.

For some reason some of the pictures that needed to be in Landscape are in portrait mode. :s

Last edited by alain-s; 25th Jan 2013 at 09:50.
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 21:36   #2
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great! That rad fits perfectly! And nice fans! Are they loud?
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2012, 21:32   #3
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
Great! That rad fits perfectly! And nice fans! Are they loud?
Thanks Ra6 well there not louder then my 120mm silverstone fans at 2400 rpm

Update.

Removed the MBtray and replaced it with a plexi version.

Used the Original MB tray for all the dimensions.

Drilled holes taped wire and placed the standoff on it.

Making the opening for the PCI cards

Tray in the case

Using a HDD case from the Cosmos 2

Saw 3 pieces of alu to make new fronts for the HDD

First front is ready the rest will follow later this weekend.

Till next Update. ^^
Old 8th Dec 2012, 13:04   #4
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Ace_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for president
Keep up the good work!
Ace_finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2012, 13:22   #5
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yess KUTGW
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2012, 16:18   #6
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Good luck getting it done in time Alain!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2012, 20:53   #7
ASPHIAX
Beyond Complexity Lies Simplicity

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Good luck mate !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
FB. https://www.facebook.com/ModWithMe
ASPHIAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2012, 20:56   #8
j3akalua
Banned

j3akalua has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Niceee
j3akalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 20:56   #9
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_finland View Post
Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.3nny View Post
Yess KUTGW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Good luck getting it done in time Alain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
Good luck mate !
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3akalua View Post
Niceee
Thanks Guys will do my best to make the deadline. ^^

Small Update

Dismantle my TJ07 this weekend with pain in my hard. I will be needing all the hardware for this build.

Drainage ^^

After the draining I cleaned the pc and prep it to put it back in to the box till the buyer comes and pic it up.

By By

Back to the Lian Li case.

Cutted the top plated in to pieces. And filled up the holes with some 2K filler.

Reshaping the side panels

Total picture.

That was it again I am waiting for some pieces before I can continue with the body and cable management. Hope u all like it so far.

Cya next time
Old 11th Dec 2012, 21:45   #10
Ra6
Multimodder

Ra6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's a nice and interesting cut!
Ra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2012, 22:27   #11
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice cut-will there plexi be placed in cut area?
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 08:36   #12
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra6 View Post
That's a nice and interesting cut!
Thank U Ras
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Nice cut-will there plexi be placed in cut area?
Thanks Prania, the case will stay open but the top will change bit.
Old 13th Dec 2012, 10:14   #13
Bitwacker
C# forever

Bitwacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lian Li are always good.
Old 16th Dec 2012, 22:26   #14
alain-s
Supermodder

Thank U Bitwacker

Update!!

Did a small mod on the heat-sinks of the MB. Because the theme color for this build will be red. I was obligated to change the color of it.

Removed the heat-sink from theMB

Filled a small cup with D-stop and placed the pieces that where colored in the cup for 10 minutes.

Cleaned the product with water. As u can see there are still some blue spots on it. These are the places where the glue was so U wont see a thing of it when the are back in place.

This way I don't have to sand the pieces and I keep the brushed effect on the parts.

The HDD case is finished to but I am not convinced by it.

Had to come up with a new idea for the HDD. Started with some plexi to create a new HDD bay.

Short movie of how u place the HDD in place

Case Mod Lian Li PC-7HX Grafit (HDD Cage) - YouTube

Did the wires already for the HDD and found a spot for the AC poweradjust 2

That was it again if the mail service do there job good I will have a very nice suprice before Xmess is here.

Cya next Time.
Old 17th Dec 2012, 22:23   #15
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I like how this is shaping up.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2012, 22:51   #16
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Motherboard improvement factor +10
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Dec 2012, 21:00   #17
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I like how this is shaping up.
Thank U Waynio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Motherboard improvement factor +10
THanks Nate ^^

Update!!!!

The update was suppose to be posted before Xmess. But do lak of time with the holidays I only had time to post it today. Time to get a move on.

Received my 1st package from Nate (Editor22) E22 - Welcome to our website! . Thank U Nate for the great service in this short time.

Custom made top res/window.

And a lovely Cherry MX key chain HL.

Some extra pins for the powercables.

Extra colour sample for future mods.

On Xmess evening I received a lovely gift from my GF.

Installed on the MB

Removed the top of the case.

Drilled some holes and taped wire in them to mount the res.

Didn't had much time these days with all the Family dinners and visits to work on the case. Now that it is all past and over I can continue my work.

Cya next week for a Update.
Old 25th Dec 2012, 21:51   #18
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I like this-you have a nice play with curved and straight lines. Nicely done.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2012, 10:57   #19
sorry2
What's a Dremel?

sorry2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Alain shifting in win mode
sorry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2012, 11:05   #20
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Bloody hell that looks awesome!!
I'm definately following this one
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode