bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Dec 2012, 07:54   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Corsair Individually Sleeved PSU Cables review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/psu...u-cables-rev/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 08:26   #2
Ubermodder

1398342003 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This isn't much different than if they had just used cables of the same color, instead of color coding them.

The only difference is that these will collect dust far better.
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 09:04   #3
GeorgeK
Bit-Tech Keyboard Overlord

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
They certainly look better than red plastic...
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 09:16   #4
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like it and at least they are trying it. Also saves a lot of hassle for those of us who battle with resleeving our cables
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 10:32   #5
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
If only they did grey...

My Flickr Photostream
gcwebbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 11:00   #6
HandMadeAndroid
That's handy.

HandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lol we will buy anything
i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-I , 16gb Patriot 1866 ddr3,EVGA 670FTW, Bitfenix Prodigy,crucial M4 128ssd,western digital black 2tb storage, wacom intuos/ i7 sandy bridge kobalt 17" laptop,120ssd, 8gb crucial ram, 500gb7200 WD storage drive, nvidia 555m 3gb/64gb iPad 2
HandMadeAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 11:24   #7
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Have to admit the colours are good for those who want them to match the system colour scheme.

My next build will have a Corsair PSU in it, and I will pay the extra for the braided cables simply because they look better than the standard cables.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 16:44   #8
Necrow
Multimodder

Necrow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well if I was buying a new PSUfor a build I'd certainly look at these as they'd save me chopping up the cables that come with the normal PSU's only to braid them myself after. Nice one, glad someone out there is at least trying to please us.
Necrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 18:28   #9
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
I actually just saw a review of cables. With socks on.

Oh wow, kudos for bothering! I'm sure there's plenty of interest towards those damn things.
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 18:34   #10
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've got these exact red cables for my AX750 and they look great. The only downside compared to the normal cables is that they simply can't be bent as tightly, so in my mATX build they were a pain in the ass to fit in! Quality is top notch though, and much better than buying all the kit and learning to braid myself, especially as I'd only do it once.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 22:06   #11
djzic
Bokehlicious!

djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
eurgh, the heatshrinks look awful! Also the braid looks like shoe laces xD

Cam: Canon 400D | 35mm f/2.8 | Helios 44-2
djzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2012, 05:25   #12
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd agree with djzic on the heatshrink part - at least to the extent it has text printed all over it. What the hell? They couldn't get their hands on any decent, blank heatshrink? (And no color matching the 'shrink to the sleeving?)
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2012, 09:31   #13
kelvinb
BF3 Username - D0rmarth

kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.
Not really sure of the quality of this review seems to be lacking detail, would have preferred side by side comparisons. Just overall need more detail !!
Old 5th Dec 2012, 13:08   #14
whamio
Minimodder

whamio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've had these for some time ...they look great match color scheme red. Hard to connect .......you have to work em

well made!
whamio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2012, 23:40   #15
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like Corsair's initiative, if only they were $40 in Australia though. They retail for around $100 over here, that's half of what my AX850 cost me.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2012, 17:22   #16
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
I think it is a great idea. Saves a lot of time and hassle for those with less patience. Though they could improve the heat shrinking as mentioned above, and at that price they should be perfection itself.

Personally I think they cost double what they should, but then somethings worth is subjective I suppose.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2012, 17:30   #17
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I have a whole kit of NZXT black cables that I used in my PC - but because it now sits under the desk, and never gets looked at, I took them out and went back to the standard Corsair ones. I don't know whether to keep them, or sell them. If you can buy a full kit of Corsair's own ones for this sort of price, mine would probably not fetch much (although there are a selection of Bitfenix black fan cables too, oh and some SATA3 cables).

My Flickr Photostream
gcwebbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2012, 19:41   #18
Joey Propane
Supermodder

Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I just got a black set for my AX750, better than the stock cables (far better than my patience would allow) and a price that wasn't much more than a bunch of separate extension cables from the likes of Bitfenix or Phobya...

Considering a Corsair PSU will outlast pretty much any other PC component i'm likely to use I consider it a good investment.
Joey Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2012, 01:53   #19
Wwhat
Minimodder

Wwhat has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Isn't the idea to braid various strands together when you braid? I don't quite get this.

Also: why no pictures of the colors available?

Still, nice for those that like it to ave it as an option.
Wwhat is offline   Reply With Quote