bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 7th Feb 2013, 21:41   #201
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sony are going to be very aware of price this generation - but equally we can expect it to go up from the current generation costs.

My bet is 349. This is 75 cheaper than the PS3 was at launch, which suits the current market. It could even be cheaper, if Sony are willing to take a hit on the hardware. 299 would be a magic price point, but I don't think they'll hit it at launch.
Cei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2013, 21:37   #202
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Reports says that the PS4 won't be focused on specs, but rather home entertainment and new way to plays games.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/08/s...aying-options/

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2013, 21:51   #203
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That's just marketing talk - it'll still have the rumoured specs (and hence increase in performance), but Sony are going to try and push the media centre aspects even harder (including their own music/video services no doubt). New ways to play games? Yeah, I doubt it. Probably refers to the Galkia service that'll probably end up in the PS4.

Some Sony exec has also stated recently that there's a "lot of life in the PS3" still - yeah, and that's obvious. The PS2 only just got discontinued, and no doubt the PS3 will continue in production for another five years as a budget console (especially as Sony now profit from each sale).
Old 9th Feb 2013, 01:44   #204
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sure they do more marketing toward the possibilities than the specs. Console-gamers are usually not interested in any specs, but only the results it's pushing out.
Having all the common services integrated like Hulu, Netflix, Browser, Mediaplayer etc is aswell a major sellingpoint, as you usually have your console hooked up to your 40+" LCD in the living-room.

Allthough I'm a techie and interessted in specs and all that, when it comes to smartphones, tablets and consoles I couldn't care less about the specs actually, but only about how the device handles all the tasks I throw at it.

You know, you can go to stores and try those things before buying

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2013, 10:39   #205
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Major selling point to many seems to be second hand game sales and rentals. If Microsoft blocks there's and Sony does not it will be quiet the landslide it would seem.

The fact that EA and others already stop second hand sales.

And pcs have not had a second hand market for 10 years is glossed over by all the moaners lol.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 10:26   #206
Yaka
Hypermodder

Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sony are looking into stopping 2nd hand games,

Both ms and Sony have applied for patents on ways on stopping games being used on another console.

In the end it will encourage peeps to try an hack the consoles
Yaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 13:24   #207
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
theres less than 1% cracked xbox 360s and ps3s out there a tiny market really.

Most of the general consumers own 1 of the consoles to play online with there friends and if you crack it you can not go online with either console.

Due to a few reasons not just the crack.

Niether company lets you online with an out of date console, both force the latest updates on you before you can play online. ( if you up date the crack no longer works similar to a Iphone jailbreak)

Microsoft and Sony have been actively banning accounts that have been detected from a cracked console.

sony has patents pre ps3 for stopping second hand games.

In the end of the day i can not name a big game ( sales wise in the last 12months) that can be used second hand. Due to the way to the publishers are now using 1 time only access codes.

BF3, Halo 4, Fifa 13, Black ops 2, Need for speed Most wanted the big 5 sellers in the last 12 months have all had 1 time access online codes. And there the sort of game that you buy to play online only.

Piracy figures have come down if the official numbers are to be bielived.

PS had 10% piracy levels
ps2 had that reduced to 5%
ps3 and xbox 360 are both below 1%

Microsoft and Sony have both took steps to block piracy this generation.

Personally having been gaming on a pc for years where second hand sales have long since been abolished i dont personally see the issue.
Old 10th Feb 2013, 14:23   #208
mucgoo
I *am* a Dremel

mucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for president
The 360 requires the use of a soldering iron in order to play pirate games on it and the PS3 only got hacked in 2010/11. I'd imagine both companies have further refined these measures.
mucgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 15:12   #209
GoodBytes

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You know.. I don't think second hand games will be stopped by console manufacture.. that' stupid when you can make money on them. What I am thinking, is that Microsoft will go "This game was registered to another user, in order to play it, you need to pay 10$", or something like that.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
Old 10th Feb 2013, 17:19   #210
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Console and publishers dont make money on second hand sales, Places that sell the second hand games get 100% of the profit.

Thats 1 of the reasons they wish to block the market.
Old 10th Feb 2013, 17:46   #211
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Console and publishers dont make money on second hand sales, Places that sell the second hand games get 100% of the profit.

Thats 1 of the reasons they wish to block the market.
In fact the retailers make more profit on 2nd hand games than they do with new games as they buy them off people for a lot less than the per-unit trade cost. It's why they continually push you to buy a pre-owned copy instead of a new one.

For the consumer it's often a bad deal as if you play online, you usually have to buy another key (the one in the box having been used by the original purchaser). With recent games this can often end up costing you more than if you bought the game new in the first place!!!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2013, 21:44   #212
GoodBytes

Prototype PS4 controller.
When they are physically build like this, this suggest near or final build.

From what I can see and assume:
-> basic notification touch screen on the controller.. Probably notifying you of game/console updates, messages or something... I don't see this being well integrated in games
-> The light suggest that the controller will detect tilt, move, etc.. with the light on the controller., like a built-in Move (why not use accelerometers, gyroscope and so on? cost cutting measure?)
-> Microphone/Speaker (one of which or both)
-> Look like a headphone/headset jack at the bottom

Could it be a PS4 dev kit on the back?

Last edited by GoodBytes; 14th Feb 2013 at 21:49.
Old 14th Feb 2013, 22:05   #213
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Looks quite 'chunky' - which is a good thing as I much prefer the bigger Xbox controller to the Dualshock.

Hope the Move thing is optional as it won't work well with my dark room and projector!

Headphone socket in the controller - Yey - they finally worked that one out!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 00:38   #214
megadriveguy
Hypermodder

megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yes that's definitely a PS4 dev kit
megadriveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 03:40   #215
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Wow nice! Definitely has a prototype look to it. They still aren't gonna offset those darned analog sticks are they?

Oh well, it does look neat, and it appears as though the colored move receiver is on the top of the controller, which is pretty cool. It's nice to have a single controller rather than having to pick up the penis sticks. I don't see the "share" button that has been rumored.
Old 15th Feb 2013, 04:06   #216
GoodBytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neogumbercules View Post
I don't see the "share" button that has been rumored.
It's probably under the center black screen (it's a screen of sorts with touch screen over it)

Old 15th Feb 2013, 08:03   #217
Cei
pew pew pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBytes View Post
Prototype PS4 controller.
When they are physically build like this, this suggest near or final build.

From what I can see and assume:
-> basic notification touch screen on the controller.. Probably notifying you of game/console updates, messages or something... I don't see this being well integrated in games
-> The light suggest that the controller will detect tilt, move, etc.. with the light on the controller., like a built-in Move (why not use accelerometers, gyroscope and so on? cost cutting measure?)
-> Microphone/Speaker (one of which or both)
-> Look like a headphone/headset jack at the bottom

Could it be a PS4 dev kit on the back?
Sony tried gyroscope/accelerometers in the original PS3 SIXAXIS controller, which didn't work too well. Move's system of a camera and tracking light is a lot more accurate and with a higher resolution.

I'm sure the final look will be more refined than that though.
Old 15th Feb 2013, 16:57   #218
GoodBytes

More picture:

Old 15th Feb 2013, 17:07   #219
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looks like they have made the back "chunkier" like the 360's unit. Tho it still looks utterly uninspiring........Anyways all will be shown off next week.

Welcome to Thunderdome, B*tch
XBL: atanum141
atanum141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 17:07   #220
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I actually like the looks of it, but I would still favour the left thumbstick to switch places with the D-Pad.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote