bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 12th Dec 2012, 11:46   #81
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
Now that was a good joke. Tell that to Skyrim developers, especially to the ones working on DLC.
I'm sure that was a joke right? Like an inside joke with a wink wink, nudge nudge.

3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | BenQ bl3200pt 2560x1440p
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 12:55   #82
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Skyrim is surely first and foremost ment to be played on a pc, Not a game id ever buy for a console if i had the choice between platforms.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 13:15   #83
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Skyrim (like Oblivion and the Fallout series) play well on the consoles actually. They look better graphically on the PC though. However, my consoles are connected to a projector and although graphically my PC version of Skyrim is better there is a sense of 'epic-ness' on the projector that is distinctly pleasing when I play the PS3 version. The same goes for Fallout 3 and NV which is great on my 360.

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 13:24   #84
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
Skyrim (like Oblivion and the Fallout series) play well on the consoles actually. They look better graphically on the PC though. However, my consoles are connected to a projector and although graphically my PC version of Skyrim is better there is a sense of 'epic-ness' on the projector that is distinctly pleasing when I play the PS3 version. The same goes for Fallout 3 and NV which is great on my 360.
I agree, as both work very well with a joypad (apart from aiming the bow)

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 13:27   #85
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The Skyrim reference was to the remark about "running happily with 256MB RAM" on PS3, versus Bethesda issues to actually bring the DLC to PS3 due memory constraints.
faugusztin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 14:01   #86
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
[woops, delete please]
Old 12th Dec 2012, 14:01   #87
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd View Post
All I'm gonna say is skyrim
Why would you play more money for an inferior (fixed thx) version of the game?
But good point anyways. but still, 95% of the time, it does fine.

Last edited by Otis1337; 13th Dec 2012 at 01:49.
Otis1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 22:10   #88
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1337 View Post
Why would you play more money for an inferred version of the game?
Inferior*?

I don't even need to answer that.

It did not run well for me on ps3 until they patched it which took quite a long time.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 00:32   #89
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Why would you play more money for an inferred version of the game?
See this thread: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=252764

And tell me how the pc version is inferior. Or are we misunderstanding you?
Old 13th Dec 2012, 01:50   #90
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

I was talking about the PS3 version, i see no reason at all why you would want to get the PS3 version over the PC is what i was saying.

particularly an open world RPG.. why on earth would you not want that on PC? :S
Old 14th Dec 2012, 10:49   #91
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
I was talking about the PS3 version, i see no reason at all why you would want to get the PS3 version over the PC is what i was saying.

Would you describe Red Dead Redemption as an openworld role playing game?

Because there is a situation that makes me sad
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | BenQ bl3200pt 2560x1440p
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Dec 2012, 12:41   #92
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Open world games do work well on a console if they get the control system right. RDR (along with Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim) is a great example of this. Other examples are the Assassins Creed series which although are not exactly RPGs, they show that you can get a console to play 'epic' scale games.

Consoles are sometimes unfairly lambasted as 'toys' which are unable to play 'proper' games. This is more down to the game publishers who choose not to make 'proper' games rather than the actual consoles themselves.

There are of course a lot of games which can only really be played on a PC (such as Arma) but this is mainly due to the complex control systems required which could not be replicated on a controller. Arma is maybe more of an exception as that game also requires massive system resources only available on a PC.

I would have no problem playing Arma on a console, if the console had the grunt and I could plug a proper control system into it (keyboard, mouse, pedals. throttle, flightstick etc).

The problem for console manufacturers is that the number of people wanting to play such games diminishes as the complexity increases and it probably is not financially viable to produce what is essential a high-end PC in a small box! Their biggest market is probably the 'Modern Military Shooter' and you just don't need the high end technology to churn these out.

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2012, 22:48   #93
boiled_elephant
I actually like Doom 3.

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasio View Post
Attempting to argue using a reductio ad absurdum.

Shame people have degenerated to this point.
You've been provocative, rude and argumentative from the off in this thread, and it's derailing a good discussion. When whoever it was asked for your citations, you could've just provided them, or humbly admitted that you were speculating. Instead you started flaming (despite their questions being reasonable ones), and it's been tedious to read.

Just sayin'.

/tangent
Normally, though, your hobbies are profitless and you spend your youth cramming them
into the pauses between 8-hour shifts of restless tedium, waiting for retirement.
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2012, 03:00   #94
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:

Ah understood. No snark intended in my post.
Old 30th Dec 2012, 04:06   #95
Jasio
Made in Canada

Jasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiled_elephant View Post
You've been provocative, rude and argumentative from the off in this thread, and it's derailing a good discussion. When whoever it was asked for your citations, you could've just provided them, or humbly admitted that you were speculating. Instead you started flaming (despite their questions being reasonable ones), and it's been tedious to read.

Just sayin'.

/tangent
Terrible tangent. You don't seem to know what a reductio is either. Better luck next time.

You seem to think you're entitled in some grand way to a "citation"? What is this Wikipedia? Last time I checked, if people *leak* information, the last thing they do is turn around and reveal their sources or their own identity. Because that's how you keep a job right?

As for being provocative/rude/argumentative, I'm sorry I have transgressed and dared to hold an opinion different than yours. Tell me, oh great elephant, how should I think, because apparently independent thinking is a bad thing.

I also congratulate you on contributing absolutely nothing to this thread in your post.

P.S. May I also suggest you look up the definition of flaming.
[[Asus Rampage III Formula RoG | Intel Core i7 980X @ 4.2 Ghz | Corsair H70 | 12GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill | 2 x MSI 560Ti 1GB Twin Frozer II SLi | Corsair AX750 PSU | 2 x Crucial C300 128GB SSD + 3 x Samsung F1 1TB | Silverstone Fortress FT02B]]
Jasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 12:16   #96
dolphie
wts batwings

dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Heeeey! Sexy lay day! oo oo oo
dolphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 16:13   #97
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ooookkkeyy.. so while dolphie enjoy a song which he doesn't understand its purpose or lyrics.

PS4 is rumored to have dynamic GPU switching... why would it have that, is beyond my understanding. Like if a game would not use the low end GPU. I guess, it is to compete with the WiiU low power usage, and power consumption, as well as, to avoid the over the top cooling requirement of the original PS3, and be quiet.. at least on the menu or when playing a movie or something.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/son...gpu,20049.html

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2012, 03:36   #98
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Thanks for the link Goodbytes. Could be they plan on using a low power gpu for non-gaming or simplistic gaming purposes.

Sent from Bittech Android app
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 22:09   #99
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
While we are all in the rumor mode.
Sony new patent could block used games, and lock games to its console NeoGAF report.
Their server is busy right now, so here is Kotaku reporting them:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506560
http://kotaku.com/5972787/sony-paten...xt-playstation

It seams to be using a system that has a RFID tag, which registers on the console and once registered, internet or not, the disk can be locked down to your console.

Sony has been proactive is trying to lock games to the console. So this doesn't surprise me.

If this rumor is true:
-> If its not used for this purpose, what do you think it could be used for?
-> If it used for this purpose, what do you think about it? Do you care? Will it make you look into a WiiU or XBox 3?
-> Do you think it will not b e put on the PS4, and its just Sony patent stuff for the sake of collecting patents?

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 23:47   #100
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
I highly doubt it'll go through - most things patented don't! Sony are actually relatively open with their games - the PlayStation 3 is multiregion for the vast majority, and you can download any PSN purchased game on to a new (or multiple) PS3s with ease. Nintendo on the other hand...not so much.
Cei is online now   Reply With Quote