bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th Dec 2012, 10:08   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The games I'd like to unplay

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/...ike-to-unplay/
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 10:20   #2
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I'd like to unplay Brink...or, rather, I'd like to have actually been able to play Brink - but my 35 (and the final nail in the coffin for "Game") didn't actually get me a playable game because of game breaking audio problems. I'd have liked a refund too...but once linked to your Steam account that becomes somewhat problematic.

I'd also like to be able to unplay Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, because my fond memories of the original Rainbow 6 were permanently tarnished by the piss-poor console port that is R6V2. Same goes for Far Cry 2.
XXAOSICXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 10:29   #3
dr-strangelove
Multimodder

dr-strangelove has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd love to unplay Portal - just so I could experience that 6 hour frenzy that was my first time playing it over again
dr-strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 10:34   #4
asura
jack of all trades

asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.
Mission Humanity.

Don't think there's any need to go further.
asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 10:37   #5
Mister_Tad
Serious about coffee

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'd unplay all of the Bethesda RPGs and replay all of them apart from Fallout: New Vegas - the game completely broke for me about half way through, far enough to not want to repeat the first half, not far enough to feel like I'd had enough out of it.

I'll throw Dragon Age II in there as well, probably my favourite recent-ish game, but isn't terribly re-playable after two times through.
Mister_Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 11:03   #6
biojellywobbles
Multimodder

biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.biojellywobbles is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I'd like to unplay Fable 3 (I know, I know, its on a console) It completely ruined the franchise for me. I loved playing fable 1 and Fable 2 added a bit more even if it got rid of some of the more RPG like aspects. Fable 3 offered no way to truly customise the way you played the game due to the very linear way of upgrading skills. It also had very few decent side quests and didn't make me chuckle once, unlike the first one.
Old 13th Dec 2012, 11:07   #7
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Medal of Honour Warfighter was rather abysmal. The mechanics of the multiplayer were good fun and the "fireteam buddy" system was very useful. However, it failed in so many other aspects. Horribly cluttered UI, not making good use of the Frostbite 2 engine, especially since the team sizes were limited. Could have been so much more, sadly it is just a generic shooter.

I'm part of the other marmite crowd regarding Brink, I absolutely loved it. The mechanics were fantastic and the concept was quite well executed. It wasn't without it's unfortunate glaring flaws, but I think it was bold enough to try something new.
For those that say the SMART system was pants, I say you didn't use it enough. Once you really got to grips with it, it was immensely fun. The level design needed some work, but overall the game really was a marmite affair. Oh well, I'd still like to see the concept/world expanded upon.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 11:24   #8
fix-the-spade
Ultramodder

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I have a BF 2 moment too, specifically, the first time I moved in on a flag as part of a group. Moving a long, using a tank as cover, so far so like 1942. Gap in the wall, perfect spot for a ClaymoBANG!

Blurred vision, all the sounds gone out and there's this ringing noise. I completely forget what I'm doing and dive against the wall. What the hell was that? Surely the tank must be in pieces all over the map?

Nope, the tank's just fired it's gun. Welcome to Karkand noob.

If I could unplay 40k: Firewarrior, that would be nice. I remember very little of that game except that it had noticeable controller lag that annoyed me so much I went all the way back to Game for a refund on the same day as I bought it...
fix-the-spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 11:27   #9
saxovtsmike
Multimodder

saxovtsmike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Monkey Island 1+2, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle.
Pretty much the best games I played ever.
Back in the days where there was no google or walkthroughts, these took me quite some time
saxovtsmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 12:01   #10
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxovtsmike
Monkey Island 1+2, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle.
Pretty much the best games I played ever.
Back in the days where there was no google or walkthroughts, these took me quite some time
They still do take me ages. I was replaying Zelda on the SNES a few months back and wondered how the hell I did it when I was 12-14!
Old 13th Dec 2012, 12:06   #11
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
want to unplay farcry 2's piece of crap!
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 12:30   #12
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i want to unplay rage and delete it from my brain - it was aweful
Old 13th Dec 2012, 12:40   #13
fodder
Multimodder

fodder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would like to unplay all of the Call of Duty series and forks of it since they dropped dedicated servers. They have tarnished the memories of some epic online and single player games plus the best clan battles I have ever had. Poor gameplay, laggy, crap hit registration, inability to avoid/kick abusive players, an achievement system that would drive an ADHD sufferer to distraction and frustrating server browsing system.

If I wanted a console game, I would buy a console. I game on PC because I prefer it so don't try and dress up a console game as being 'awesome' on a pc. It's not.
fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 12:43   #14
edzieba
Supermodder

edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.
It'd be like buying Portal 3, and discovering that it was actually a half-reskinned CODBLOPS with a few portals already attached to the environment, but not in areas you can access.
edzieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 12:43   #15
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quake wars and Diablo 3. The two most disappointing games I've ever played and also two of the games I most looked forward to.
Old 13th Dec 2012, 13:15   #16
onominous
Master of the Universe!

onominous has yet to learn the way of the Dremelonominous has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would definitely unplay Diablo 3. I thought i'd give it ago, and found it terribly repetitive very early on, let alone doing the game through and through. I kept at it, as my friends wanted to play co-op to get through the hard difficulties..however after I got to Level 20 something, the epic shiteness of Blizzards system, me and 2 other friends got hacked and lost all our gear. Never touched the game again. Waste of 20 hours which could have been better spent doing uni coursework!
Antec 900 Case, ASUS P8P97 Deluxe Mobo, i5 2500k, Titan Fenrir Cooler, 8Gb DDR3 Corsair Vengence, 2 x MSI Twin Frozr GTX 560 in SLi, Killer 2100 Network card, Creative soundblaster, zalman 800W, SSD.....

And YES! It can play Crysis! ;-)
onominous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 13:28   #17
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Far Cry 2
Bioshock
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 13:42   #18
DreamCatcher
What's a Dremel?

DreamCatcher has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If everything goes as planned we'll have our annual private x-mas lan party again and I'll be able to enjoy the childish mischievousness when executing a sneak attack in C&C Generals, devastating a friends meticolously aranged base with an armed mob.

Worst game experience ever:
I can't remember the name of the game but it was from the DOS era. You were on a utterly unpopulated alien planet, wandering about a bleak landscape. Something happend to me and half the screen went black. It took me several ours to find out that I was attacked by a bird who picked one eye... need I say more?
DreamCatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 13:47   #19
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I would unplay my second time with Hexen II. In its day it was amazing, I absolutely loved it. Now it's not quite so special.
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced (white edition) | i5-2500K | MSI P67-GD53 | MSI GTX580 | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 1.5V | Gelid Tranquillo | Asus Xonar DS | 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro M | Corsair Force Series 3 60GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 14:16   #20
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Far Cry 2, it destroyed my faith in games reviewers and big budget games, every turn it promised to "get better in a minute", it never did.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote