bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Dec 2012, 10:14   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
December 2012 Bit-tech Modding Update

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2012...dding-update/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2012, 11:29   #2
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I know it'll sound like I'm trolling, and I really do appreciate the incredible work Fuganater has pulled off on his TJ11 but I can't look at the final result without it making me mad.

So much great technique, skill and wonderful design choices went into the build - only for it all to be tainted by gluing on completely superfluous cog wheels following the "More cog wheels = more steampunk" ethos.

IMO they're the 'bling too far' that turns the build from being near perfect into the steampunk equivalent of a gypsy wedding.

They're the dinner table sized rear spoiler on a 1.2L hatchback, the over plump injected lips of a WAG wannabe, the crystal encrusted iPhone case...

Sometimes you just have to say "Enough's enough"

Sorry.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2012, 11:50   #3
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't mind them to be honest but having worked on a TJ11 myself, I can appreciate why he felt the need to add something there. It's such a huge area (the side panel) that it looks wrong without any details. Quite what I'd have put there I'm not sure though!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2012, 15:34   #4
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thnks for mentioning me !
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2012, 18:35   #5
mikkig
Big Giant Robot

mikkig has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
http://youtu.be/TFCuE5rHbPA

:]
mikkig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2012, 19:42   #6
GotMod?
Minimodder

GotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great index update! Thanks for putting me in ))
Old 19th Dec 2012, 16:27   #7
Nanosec
absit iniuria verbis

Nanosec has yet to learn the way of the DremelNanosec has yet to learn the way of the DremelNanosec has yet to learn the way of the DremelNanosec has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love k.3nny's mod, with the hard acrylic tubing filled with the white coolant, I almost expect someone to flip the switch and have those tubes light up like the flourescent lights they remind me of....Great work
Nanosec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Dec 2012, 01:36   #8
Petrol head
Modder

Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Petrol head - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkig
Lol what a great video. Get's the point across.

Why not make the gears move. Car radio CD motor would run off the 3 volt rail with a resister. Compared to most builds it would be relatively inexpensive?

That took me a lot of saving with a wife and 4 young boys!!
Petrol head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2013, 16:16   #9
Sni9er
Ermmmm 42 ???

Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sni9er - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
haha thanks for the feature !