bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Dec 2012, 08:54   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Gainward GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Phantom review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...antom-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 11:02   #2
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
"there's really no good reason to shell out for this overpriced and oversized card."

Same goes for the whole 660Ti range....overpriced from day one, they should have been 180-200 to start with.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 13:33   #3
grimerking
Supermodder

grimerking has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My 120 ATI 7850 1GB will play Crysis 2 at 1680x1050 ultra settings with 30fps minimum.

It will also play Far Cry 3 at max settings with 2xAA with 30fps minimum.

I'm not sure how this nVidia card fits into the market at 260.
grimerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 14:24   #4
blacko
Multimodder

blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.
looks like an H100...
blacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2012, 14:32   #5
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimerking
My 120 ATI 7850 1GB will play Crysis 2 at 1680x1050 ultra settings with 30fps minimum.

It will also play Far Cry 3 at max settings with 2xAA with 30fps minimum.

I'm not sure how this nVidia card fits into the market at 260.
Badly.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 15:31   #6
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I for one am surprised Gainward can still exist when companies with better products have fallen by the wayside, every one of their cards I have ever read about tend to be large noisy and costly beasts with little to nothing to offer over any other brand.
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2012, 15:02   #7
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tad2008 View Post
I for one am surprised Gainward can still exist when companies with better products have fallen by the wayside, every one of their cards I have ever read about tend to be large noisy and costly beasts with little to nothing to offer over any other brand.
At the time I bought my 570 it was a good price and has been the quietest, coolest card I've ever owned. When I need to bumph it up the voltage can be tinkered with and head towards 580 performance too, that uber cooler it has makes that possible.

Although I can only speak of their 5 series Phantom range. I would have thought the same Phantom coolers would work similarly across cards but perhaps this is not the case.
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2012, 23:54   #8
metalgearhathaway
What's a Dremel?

metalgearhathaway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think it would be useful to include the results for an overclocked GTX670 in the OC section, as if interested readers are reading that, best they know they can get a good 10-15% OC on most GTX670's with ease!

GTX660 is just not the GTX460 reincarnated, as most had wished for!
metalgearhathaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 19:52   #9
djzic
Bokehlicious!

djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Overclocking the Phantom provided us with results in the two tests we ran that we unsurprisingly on par
I think you made an error?

Cam: Canon 400D | 35mm f/2.8 | Helios 44-2
djzic is offline   Reply With Quote