1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Any of you stopped smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 30 Dec 2012.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Well, I'm about 20 hours in and feeling ok so far, Pink Floyd is helping, and a million cups of coffee...

So yes, how did you do? Wish me luck!

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Good luck man!!

3. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Cheers dude. Been smoking for about five years (Since 23 ish)... Maybe a bit longer actually.

But yes, time to stop!

4. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Good luck Zinf, I can't say I'm a smoker so I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for you

5. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

I packed in 7-8 years ago......best thing I ever did..will never smoke again.

keep telling yourself is easy mate...most people make is so hard on themselves by convincing themselves is so hard quit and its really not that hard.

6. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

More times than I can count :)

On and off for 15 years (wow). I tend to only smoke say 10 or 15 a week so I'm not a heavy smoker by any means but when I had success at stopping for extended periods it was down to wanting to do physical exercise (ju-jitsu to be precise) and just going cold turkey.

Rolling another attempt as of last night so you aint on your own :)

7. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Same here. "Stopped" more times than I can count. Been smoking 10 years now. Gonna try again when I start gyming in the new year. For me the think that has worked in the past is to keep your hands busy with something.

8. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I stopped about 4 years ago. My girlfriend absolutely could not stand it, so she gave me an ultimatum; quit, or no sex until you do. Well it worked.

9. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

Quit in 2010 but been on Niquitin 2mg lozenges every day ever since :/ Usually wanting a smoke when I'm in social situations as well, but I'm fine at home.

10. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

Will be 2 years January 4th most important bit of advise I can give you "you must wont to give up" if you don't its pointless. Try not to replace smoking with something else eg like you said coffee it can be a worse addiction than smoking. Good luck to you m8 I feel so much better and no more strange coughs 360 days of a year :p
    O and watch out about 30 days in food taste like food like you remember as a child and it can be bad for your weight ;)

11. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Been smoking for 13 years, Finally quit in August. Been on the electronic ciggies on low dosage from Tesco's. ive been limiting my intake on a weekly basis.

Its not the need of smoking thats hard to break but the old habits that go along with it. And being at the pub or social functions dont help much....but remain strong!

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Smoked since I was 16, stopped outright five months into my partner's pregnancy with no issues, started again eight months later.

You have to want to keep off the fags, then it's much easier. I didn't - I was doing it for the health of my unborn baby and then my newborn. I smoke again now but never anywhere near Grace to be fair.

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Never starting helps ;)

Best of luck though, keep us updated :thumb:

14. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Quit years ago when i realised that each cigarette tasted like **** - as above tell yourself you don't want to smoke anymore, think of the money saved and health benefits gained.

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I smoke and have done this I was 17. Come my birthday next year that's ten years of smoking.

I have quit in the past for a few months and didn't find it easy. I am planning on quitting in the new year.

I smoke anything up to twenty a day. Depends on what I am doing etc

But once this packet has gone, which will be tomorrow I won't be buying anymore.

16. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I never started, does it count ? XD

17. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Too true.

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Good luck

Stopped over ten year ago, was hard going but i was determined, was not going to give in, it slowly gets easier but you have to be willing, you have to want to stop

fingers crossed for you

19. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Been smoking 3 years now.
    Tried to stop on christmas day but that didn't really work.

20. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Though I've never smoked the hardest part is habit, so the best way to kick one habit is to replace it with something else. As others have said, certain activities or events have replaced smoking. It's always good to have support so telling friends and family can always help to encourage it, plus if you're ever tempted and they know they may just say something to help you from lighting up. Best of luck!