bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 31st Dec 2012, 15:32   #1
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Windows 8 Pro promotion >> ENDED <<

Hello everyone,

** Microsoft Promotion has ended **

This is a reminder that this is the last day to get Windows 8 Pro Upgrade is before Jan 31st. If you don't have the time now to upgrade to it, I would suggest to purchase it now, and later upgrade your system to it at your best convenient.

This is the last day for:
-> Purchasing Windows 8 Pro Upgrade for 40$ / 25.
-> Getting for Windows 8 Pro Windows Media Center + its codec pack (includes DVD playback ability) for free.

Remember, that you need a genuine, activated, OEM or RETAIL (UPGRADE included) license of Windows XP, Vista or 7 or any editions or versions (32/64-bit) to be eligible for Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer.

You have until February 28 to:
-> Upgrading Windows 7 PC purchase between June 2nd and January 31st, to get Windows 8 Pro for 15$ / 15.

Windows 8 Pro Upgrade offer:
US: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/buy
UK: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/buy
Canada: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/buy

Media Center + Codec pack (includes DVD playback codec) for Windows 8 Pro (free):
US: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w.../feature-packs
UK: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w.../feature-packs
Canada: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/w.../feature-packs

PC with Windows 7 to 8 upgrade offer:
US: http://windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US/Home/ProgramInfo
UK: http://windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-GB/Home/ProgramInfo
Canada: http://windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-CA/Home/ProgramInfo

Hurry and get it while you can.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB

Last edited by GoodBytes; 2nd Feb 2013 at 22:12.
GoodBytes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2012, 17:10   #2
NigelT
Multimodder

NigelT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Are you sure it's the last day? The link shows the 31st of jan for me?

I thought I had more time and won't get to download as I'm headin out for NYE in a mo.
NigelT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2012, 17:27   #3
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Indeed. I was just checking on that this morning and I also see January 31 as the deadline.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2012, 17:52   #4
thelaw
Cynical B*stard

thelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysis
* Offer valid from October 26, 2012 until January 31, 2013 and is for individuals and small businesses needing to upgrade up to five devices.

Before i buy can anyone let me know if they have had any compability issues with applications/software like there was when Win XP went to win 7 and half of the games around stopped working?

Also as i use my pc for mainly games and watching movies is win 8 a worthwhile upgrade over win 7?
Main rig : I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz / Asus P8P67 Pro / KUHLER H20 620 water cooler /16 GB 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 1.5v Ram / 2x Gigabyte GV-N460SO-1GI GeForce GTX 460 1GB super overclocked edition SLI'ed BABY / OCZ Vertex 2 60gb Sata 2 SSD + 2x 750GB samgsung drives / Coolmaster 700w gold series psu / antec 900 case with 120mm sickleflow fans / NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller / 2x 22 inch benQ full HD G222HDL 1920x1080 monitors and pair of Razer Carcharias for my sounds :-)
thelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2012, 18:47   #5
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.
It depends if you are open minded enough to learn new ways of doing things, for the most part, if it works on windows 7, it should work on windows 8
Old 1st Jan 2013, 07:27   #6
GoodBytes

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Really sorry everyone, I miss read. I corrected the thread in the mean time.

Mod request: please delete this thread.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
Old 1st Jan 2013, 08:41   #7
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
****!

It won't let me buy it because it's IP locked. I can't use my UK card to buy from Taiwan

EDIT: Bugger it. Wife will pay. And now she will ask what it is on her bill Why did you need to buy this Richard? What's wrong with Windows 7?

Last edited by Bindibadgi; 1st Jan 2013 at 08:47.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2013, 09:45   #8
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've just panic bought a couple of licenses, that could have waited for me to do a little thinking on what I actually need. Ah well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
Why did you need to buy this Richard? What's wrong with Windows 7?
...its one less than windows 8...duh!
theshadow2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2013, 09:50   #9
IamJudd
Hypermodder

IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.IamJudd is definitely a rep cheat.
Lol... "This is one louder..."
Old 1st Jan 2013, 11:11   #10
Bitwacker
C# forever

Bitwacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks
Old 1st Jan 2013, 13:09   #11
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
You don't NEED a valid license. You can do a clean install with the DVD, and then "Upgrade" from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8 Pro. Then just put in your key and it will be activated.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2013, 14:10   #12
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The most stupid part of promotion ? If you got a device with Windows 8, upgrading to Windows 8 Pro is 69 euros .
Old 1st Jan 2013, 15:18   #13
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
The most stupid part of promotion ? If you got a device with Windows 8, upgrading to Windows 8 Pro is 69 euros .
Indeed. Just to switch stuff on thats already programmed into the operating system.
theshadow2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2013, 15:56   #14
GoodBytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
I've just panic bought a couple of licenses, that could have waited for me to do a little thinking on what I actually need. Ah well.
I am really sorry :/
Hopefully you can sell them.

Old 1st Jan 2013, 16:07   #15
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post

...its one less than windows 8...duh!
You have 14 days of free return. Just call Microsoft - they can refund it for you.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2013, 16:49   #16
hoochy
Need moar cooling

hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Thanks for the heads up GoodBytes.

Whats the difference between the 25 and 15 offer? Im a little confused - I bought an OEM copy of windows 7 and built a PC between the dates specified, does this mean I qualify for the 15 offer or does it need to be a ready build system with W7 on to qualify?

Either way I expect I will pick up the upgrade.
Fractal Design R3 | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair H60 Liquid | MSI 4GB R290 Twin Frozr | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 500GB Seagate | 2 x 128GB Kingston v200 SSD | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair 650W | K60 w/ Reds | Razer Naga
hoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2013, 17:15   #17
GoodBytes

There is no difference. Try the 15 pound offer... if it gets rejected, simply get the 25 pound one.

Old 1st Jan 2013, 17:30   #18
hoochy
Need moar cooling

hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
No theres a good idea!

I see there is a Windows Upgrade Assistant available that will scan your current PC and report any compatiblity issues with your current installed programs etc...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...e-to-windows-8

Might be worth running for those thinking of ugrading and want to avoid any issues.
Fractal Design R3 | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair H60 Liquid | MSI 4GB R290 Twin Frozr | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 500GB Seagate | 2 x 128GB Kingston v200 SSD | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair 650W | K60 w/ Reds | Razer Naga
hoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 09:30   #19
thelaw
Cynical B*stard

thelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysis
Can i move it from PC to PC, Ie if i download it for my main PC on win 7 but decide its yucky for my everyday gaming machine and want to move it to the mrs older laptop which is currently running win XP would i be able too?

Or once its downloaded to my main PC its tied to it even if i re-install win 7 back onto it?
Main rig : I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz / Asus P8P67 Pro / KUHLER H20 620 water cooler /16 GB 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 1.5v Ram / 2x Gigabyte GV-N460SO-1GI GeForce GTX 460 1GB super overclocked edition SLI'ed BABY / OCZ Vertex 2 60gb Sata 2 SSD + 2x 750GB samgsung drives / Coolmaster 700w gold series psu / antec 900 case with 120mm sickleflow fans / NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller / 2x 22 inch benQ full HD G222HDL 1920x1080 monitors and pair of Razer Carcharias for my sounds :-)
thelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 13:28   #20
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You can also get 15% cashback from quidco from the Microsoft store, hooray!
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote