bit-tech.net

Old 7th Jan 2013, 09:55   #1
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ace of Spades Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...pades-review/1

Minecraft with guns? Joe discovers whether Ace of Spades is playing with a few cards short of a full deck.

Last edited by Baz; 7th Jan 2013 at 10:25.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 10:24   #2
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Minecraft with guns = Roblox, for bigger kids

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 10:51   #3
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
to me, this could do with some sort of turn based gameplay instead - like worms.
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 11:22   #4
Flanananagan
Modder

Flanananagan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This game was MUCH better before Jagex bought it over. If I had known this before I bought it on Steam, I wouldn't have bothered. Even though I own it on Steam, I'll still play on beta servers that people still have running, more intense, and jetpacks are silly.
Flanananagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 12:04   #5
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
haha skyrim with guns and now mincraft with guns. cant wait for journey with guns :P
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 13:25   #6
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Farmville. With guns.
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 14:15   #7
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greigaitken
Farmville. With guns.
oh my hat!!! will play that!.. will help zinga out of its hell hole.
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 14:35   #8
Nikumba
Supermodder

Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Does this have offline LAN play?
Nikumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 18:48   #9
Bogomip
... Yo Momma

Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikumba View Post
Does this have offline LAN play?
No... but it will have
Bogomip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 19:05   #10
S1W1
Multimodder

S1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I had a phase some time ago (while this game was still independent and in a fairly early stage of development, with basic graphics and only two choices of gun - standard rifle or submachine gun) when I absolutely loved Ace of Spades. I think it was shortly after AoS appeared in the free games section of CPC (although I may be think of a completely different magazine)...

There was a flat island map shaped like a bow tie or an hour glass (called pinpoint, maybe?) where the opposing teams each started on the fat part at either end, and clashed at the tiny strip in the centre - it was epic. The team work was engaging, the construction was inspired, the fighting was fast and ceaselessly exciting. Both sides would build bunkers, and there would be charges which rarely shifted the position of the front line but were always a laugh.

There were numerous other great maps - two tall tower island connected by a bridge (good for tunnelling), and the map with a long corridor (which ran through a huge block tower) connecting two flat bases at opposite poles (good for sniping). I remember the intense tension of tunnelling underneath the enemy's flag, wondering when you were going to run into an enemy or reach the surface.

I came back to AoS a couple of months ago, after a long delay, and it was rubbish . Simplicity really did suit that game with its wonderfully bleak graphics. The recent changes and additions have ruined the original multiplayer dynamic which made AoS so authentic and such easy fun.

Rant over, I think...
AMD X6 1090T OC @ 3.75GHZ | Corsair H50 cooler | 8GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHZ | Asus M4N98TD Evo Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC| XFX 750W Black Edition PSU | Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 HDD | 300GB WD Velociraptor | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | NZXT Hades mid tower with red LEDS and engraved side panels | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | Asus Xonar DX |
=== Alienware M11X R3 laptop ===
S1W1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 08:50   #11
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Can you still get the original version somewhere?