bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Jan 2013, 11:21   #1
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Dust 514 and Eve to merge

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...eve-to-merge/1
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 12:09   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
That's pretty cool...
Old 10th Jan 2013, 12:37   #3
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I played Dust 514 at Eurogamer. I found it generic, and uninspiring. As a standalone FPS released in the FPS saturated world we live in today, it would tank.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 13:53   #4
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
I played Dust 514 at Eurogamer. I found it generic, and uninspiring. As a standalone FPS released in the FPS saturated world we live in today, it would tank.
It's not a standalone FPS however

---

It was a bold move from CCP to try and pull something like that off, and alot of people only complain about Dust514 and don't see it's upsides. It's the first MMO-FPS on a console to ever interact with another MMORPG on the PC and as Microsoft didn't allow that with their XLive, CCP had no other chance then to team up with Sony and release it for the PS3.

OK, some might ask, why it's not released for the PC and the answer is actually quiet simple: level the playingfield.
With the PS3, everyone has the same performance and the platform is rather resiliant to hacking and cheating, which is a good thing to have for a competitive FPS. Additionally, you can natively use a keyboard and mouse and so the downside of a console iss actually gone.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 16:13   #5
Tigernos
Resident Roman Soldier

Tigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run CrysisTigernos can run Crysis
I'm gonna log into my eve account and bomb someone from orbit
MY FIRST BUILD Case:Corsair Carbide 400R | MoBo:Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H | CPU:Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.23v | Cooler:Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 | RAM:8GB (2x4GB) LP Corsair Vengeance Blue | GPU:Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1.2GB | PSU:600W Corsair Gaming Series | Monitor:Dell U2412M
Tigernos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 16:49   #6
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigernos View Post
You need to team up with the Dust514-players first to do so. You can't simply go and bomb a planet at will

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 20:27   #7
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It will be interesting to see how the link develops between eve and dust, though its a shame ccp have not expanded the planetary bombarment to a free for all- 1400+ ships nuking the planets surface would be fun for eve players
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 08:58   #8
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxo View Post
...1400+ ships nuking the planets would be fun for eve players
I'm sure it would be fun for the dust player ON that planet as well
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 10:41   #9
blacko
Multimodder

blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.
i hope at some point they introduce some sort of carebear mining system in dust. I would love to be able to weld a pickaxe and mine veldspar haha.
blacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 11:57   #10
Panos
Multimodder

Panos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run Crysis
If someone tries to play Dust, needs keyboard and mouse.
It rules over all those who try with the pad (from experience as beta tester in Dust)
Panos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 15:03   #11
Nikumba
Supermodder

Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacko
i hope at some point they introduce some sort of carebear mining system in dust. I would love to be able to weld a pickaxe and mine veldspar haha.
lol @ carebear in Eve
Nikumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 18:48   #12
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigernos View Post
It's the only way to be sure.

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote