bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 14th Jan 2013, 11:01   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Microsoft, Oracle release critical security updates

Out-of-cycle patches to plug zero-day holes.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...cle-security/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 11:26   #2
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
ai. a penny for every time there is an IE security problem article on this site alone...
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 13:23   #3
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.
firefox and chrome have just as many flaws, in some cases more, but you don't hear about them as much
Old 14th Jan 2013, 15:49   #4
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
do i really someone coming to the defense of IE???
Old 14th Jan 2013, 15:50   #5
Griffter
Supermodder

do i really hear someone coming to the defense of IE???
Old 14th Jan 2013, 18:52   #6
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.
there's nothing wrong with internet explorer, like ALL software, it has it's flaws, and so long as you remember that and keep things up to date, it's a perfectly good browser.

anyone who says any other browser is safer are deluded, they may not have the same flaws, but they have flaws all the same.
Old 14th Jan 2013, 19:17   #7
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCreedy
firefox and chrome have just as many flaws, in some cases more, but you don't hear about them as much
Firefox and Chrome have DIFFERENT problems, I'd say mostly related to stability or hardware consumption than anything. IE today seems to be pretty stable but it's also only developed for 1 OS. AFAIK, not even Windows XP or Vista get the latest IE version. Chrome, FF, and Opera are supported on just about every platform. That's a lot more debugging to do. Every browser has its excuses. Firefox is open source and seems to have a bad management team, Opera isn't popular to gain a higher userbase (and therefore more developers or bug reporting), and Chrome is still pretty young and is working on new APIs. What's IE's excuse? Safari is probably the only browser that is what it intends to be without failure. Safari is by no means the best browser, I personally dislike it. But I don't really ever hear about stability, security, or incompatibility issues with it.
Old 14th Jan 2013, 19:23   #8
will_123
Small childs brain in a big body

will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtbag
Quote:
Firefox and Chrome have DIFFERENT problems, I'd say mostly related to stability or hardware consumption than anything. IE today seems to be pretty stable but it's also only developed for 1 OS. AFAIK, not even Windows XP or Vista get the latest IE version. Chrome, FF, and Opera are supported on just about every platform. That's a lot more debugging to do. Every browser has its excuses. Firefox is open source and seems to have a bad management team, Opera isn't popular to gain a higher userbase (and therefore more developers or bug reporting), and Chrome is still pretty young and is working on new APIs. What's IE's excuse? Safari is probably the only browser that is what it intends to be without failure. Safari is by no means the best browser, I personally dislike it. But I don't really ever hear about stability, security, or incompatibility issues with it.
Thats a pretty well made argument. Well said son.

Web Hosting - http://www.goforthhosting.com
will_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 23:52   #9
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Anyone stupid enough to use IE deserves worse than a virus!!!
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 09:08   #10
Griffter
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtbag
Quote:
too my defense! :-) , i struggle to argue will ppl that protect IE.. mainly becos i really dont know where to start coupled with the fact that the person using IE is using it in the face of just ultra hard facts and an ozy eshop charging extra to users on IE cos of the hell he goes through optimizing it for IE... so what can i say new to convince them... thx! lol
Old 15th Jan 2013, 19:06   #11
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

ok I should point out I use ie10, and if you really want to get into nitty gritty stuff on security of programs, secunia is a good place to start.

IE10
Chrome
Firefox
Old 16th Jan 2013, 02:01   #12
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
IE? What is that? ;-)
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flaw, internet explorer, java, java 7 update 11, microsoft, mshtml, oracle, security, vulnerability, zero-day