bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 14th Jan 2013, 20:00   #1
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
The race : Project N.V. [FINAL pictures and video on page 10]

Hello again guys!

I was not planning another build, but after talking a bit to a guy going under the nick FabsSPeed, we decided that he needed a not so ordinary primary PC.

So, without much jibberish, let me introduce

Project N.V. - A caselabs TH10 FabsSPeed edition

N.V. will be a caselabs build, and this short introduction will leave some to be desired, you see I forgot my DSLR at home

BUT! This will be a mad overkill build and lots of parts will be machined with help from Nate, known by most as Editor22, and 3D printning might occur

The obligatory hardware list:
A cpu, a motherboard, a case and some power to run it all. Grafic cards might be added, while harddrives will most likely be found some where.

But lets get startet!

First of all, lets start out with this lovely box. What might it contain?

What madness is this? A US made woman! Naah, just kidding. As I said, my DSLR is at home, so you will have to do with some mobile shots for now

But lets have a look at some of the hardware that will be used.

CPU

Mobo

The wonderful controller that will keep the 24 fans this system will use busy!

And a small teaser of one of the reservoirs. Some of you might recognize this from my M8 project, but do not wory, the front reservoirs will be bigger and better than the ones in M8

And just to give you a little taster of what I will be focusing on in this project, I present you with a modded version of the EK-RAM Dominator X4 CSQ blocks that will cool the ram in this build:

That should keep Nate busy for a few hours I only need a few more parts, and then I can complete that thing, and get it fabricated!

Deadline for this monster will be: Finish before Pascal AkA Paslis

A great thank goes out to the sponsors of this project!

Its ON!

Last edited by p0Pe; 26th Jul 2013 at 16:48.
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 20:13   #2
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sounds awesome!
I'll be following
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 20:20   #3
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
ITS ON !!! Lets have some fun mate.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 21:04   #4
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
stick on you head phones and send me the files! I cant wait to get stuck into that monolith!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 21:37   #5
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Teasers are looking grade Hans, GL with the race
Old 14th Jan 2013, 22:20   #6
Si_the-dude
Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Si_the-dude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Definitely going to follow this one. I bet this Caselabs case is amazing to work with!!
Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.7- Custom EK loop with 360mm and 240mm rads - Watercooled GTX Titan SLI - Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5 - Corsair Vengeance 16gb with EK block - Monsoon Fittings - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Dell U2713HM
Si_the-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 23:55   #7
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Certainly following this one!
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 02:49   #8
Bladesingerz
Supermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That modded Ram module looks awesome!
Subbed!
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 06:44   #9
fr0Zen
sabertooth 990FX

fr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Subbed!
Old 15th Jan 2013, 06:57   #10
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I caint whait for you two guys to be done with the builds
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 07:12   #11
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Awesome!

I finally picked up a worklog almost from the beginning. This is gonna be good.

Now, do my eyes decieve me, or does that custom RAM cooler also route water to the CPU and MOSFET blocks?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 09:03   #12
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Does that custom RAM cooler also route water to the CPU and MOSFET blocks?
It certainly looks it sir.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 09:31   #13
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
That all-in-one block looks good,will be watching the fabbing of that.
My money is on Paslis finishing first tho pOPe...

Now,get to work!
B NEGATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 12:05   #14
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
from the first announce of lga2011 boards i've thought about _real_ FC block for board!
interesting build!
*runs for popcorn*
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 12:17   #15
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Oh my A race !
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 14:18   #16
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Allright people, place your bets now!

How will the acrylic be attached to the EK Ramblocks?
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 14:29   #17
patara
life is wonderful

patara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
for what you so this girl?

Old 15th Jan 2013, 14:40   #18
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
Allright people, place your bets now!

How will the acrylic be attached to the EK Ramblocks?
Looks like its bolted straight through to the copper base, with a second layer of acrylic to pass through to give the two channel / two layer look.

My bet is then solid acrylic/chromed tube from the acrylic section down to a Supremacy block using Bitspower C47 couplers...
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 17:46   #19
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't see any of your pictures because I'm at work

I don't think I've felt this much emotional distress since I heard Jessica Alba in an interview saying she would never show her knockers in a movie
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2013, 20:55   #20
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Using the ram to anchor the manifold? Cute. I do like motherboard manifolds...

...as long as I don't have to make them. -then they suck.

While were at it -Where did you order that woman from? I thought we only had monster-moo-cow sizes available in the US.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode