bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 10th Dec 2013, 09:01   #1
thegyufi
Multimodder

thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
[project] the G5-yufi - UP! 05.12.14 - They are among us !!

Hello Bit-Tech !

After more than one year since my last project based on an Apple Cube, I started another one bigger based this time on the well-known Apple PowerMac G5 !

If we like or not the brand with an apple, I think the design of this case leaves no one indifferent !

Quote:
Also, I want to specialy thanks my sponsors / partners :

- Prolimatech who gave me their support by providing me their new fans called Ultra Sleek Vortek, the models USV12 and USV14

www.prolimatech.com

- Seasonic also join my project by sending me a fantastic PSU the P-760 Hybrid Which is fully modular and certified 80Plus Platinum

www.seasonic.com & www.green-spirit.fr

- Kingston who renewed their trust in this project by sending me 2 of their high speed SSD : the HyperX 3k in 120Gb, these drives will be mounted in RAID for even more performance !!

www.kingston.com

- The Laser Hive (David Chugg) really help me with his long experience in laser cutting, by providing me some "concept parts" to realise what nobody has ever done, at prices ... very cute !

www.thelaserhive.com

Thanks to him for his help !!

- Func also join the project by sending me all their latest gaming peripherals (headset HS-260 + keyboard KB-460 + mice MS-3² + mouse padSurface 1030² )

Thanks a lot Func for your trust !!

www.func.net

Let's the party begin !

Last edited by thegyufi; 16th May 2014 at 10:13.
thegyufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2013, 09:39   #2
thegyufi
Multimodder

thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
First Update !

I started on the front of the case, by creating a new entry for a slot-in drive, it took me a lot of time for this but I'm quite happy with the result

First aff all, some line on autocad, to be sure of what I'll do !

then the drawing

somes holes

with some little files

result

cut

temporary support of the new slot

and, the cut on the case

installation of the new slot on the case

and gluing with the epoxy

and, drill all the little holes with the help of a guide

When it's done, we take off all the parts to clean them

and we put it all together with some epoxy mastic

when it's dry, we sand

and again some drilling to unclog holes filled product

little spray paint to have an idea of the result

this part is finish !! All your comments are welcome !

The next update will be on the front panel

Stay around !
Old 10th Dec 2013, 10:30   #3
MattoDaLegare
What's a Dremel?

MattoDaLegare has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very good start.
MattoDaLegare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2013, 11:14   #4
Nikozii
Multimodder

Nikozii has yet to learn the way of the DremelNikozii has yet to learn the way of the DremelNikozii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stunning work. Respect!

Continue!
Nikozii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2013, 11:41   #5
TadZilla
tadbitnerdy

TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TadZilla is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Amazing work! I've always wondered how people make these slots themselves. Great guide!
TadZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2013, 11:48   #6
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Nice work. Continuing the holes to make it look OEM is always a good plan with these cases. Most others just bolt stuff to the front/back.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2013, 15:16   #7
longyny
Multimodder

longyny has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazing work dude! Waiting to see more stuff
longyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2013, 08:59   #8
thegyufi
Multimodder

Second Update !!

This time, it's about the integration of a USB 3.0 frontpanel .

As I done for the slot, I begin with some lines on Autocad

then some drawing and cutting

and I cut the case

the two parts ready to be assembled

after some sanding

drilling

some painting to check the result

then we continue on the support of the frontpanel, my goal was to make it invisible from the outside of the case, so it take lot of time and holes !

first, find some space to drill holes ont the frontpanel

the same on an aluminum corner

after many steps this is what I got, I think this part is not so clean than the other, because I redrilled all the holes in 3,5mm (instead of 3,0mm) to try to hide this support.

then we glue the support with an exoxy glue

and this is the result after some finishing

The next update will be about the integration of the lian li hotswap rack !

Stay around
Old 12th Dec 2013, 17:13   #9
mav2000
In Training

mav2000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome work man....just beautiful
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2013, 17:44   #10
MegadetHCl
Modder

MegadetHCl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hope you did not short that PCB on the aluminum support
MegadetHCl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2013, 19:30   #11
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
Finally someone who respects the holeyness () of this case and doesn't just cut huge chunks out of it. Great work!

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2013, 19:47   #12
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Glorious work. I love how much work you have put into making this full retooling almost unnoticeable.

@Nexxo- Ow...
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2013, 19:47   #13
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Finally someone who respects the holeyness () of this case and doesn't just cut huge chunks out of it. Great work!
Couldn't agree more. I'll be taking a leaf out of this book when I get round to doing my G5.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2013, 00:04   #14
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Now this is what a G5 mod is supposed to be!

I've never seen anyone take such an approach this far and I sure hope you'll have the strength to pull out all the stops all the way.

I'll definitely be watching this one.

Darkened

Project: Orange Monster - Project: Phantom Black - Project: Red October

Japhoto blog - Google+
Darkened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2013, 07:12   #15
thegyufi
Multimodder

thanks a lot friends for all your kind comments, it really helps me to keep my motivation !!

Update!! SSD's @home !!

Admire what the Santa Claus brought to me !!

Two beautiful Kingston's drives SSD HyperX 3k

Quote:
I want to specialy thanks my sponsor :

Kingston who renewed their trust in this project by sending me 2 of their high speed SSD : the HyperX 3k in 120Gb, these drives will be mounted in RAID for even more performance !!

www.kingston.com
Ok my rabbits, let me take a few more pictures of you !

Their finition is just perfect, these ssd got a look so classy while remaining sober, they smell good the quality as usual !! It will be very hard to wait until the project is finished !

Stay around !
Old 17th Dec 2013, 07:27   #16
thegyufi
Multimodder

Hi here !

I'll probably post this afternoon some pictures of the psu during unboxing and some more progress with the hotswap rack !!
Old 17th Dec 2013, 16:52   #17
thegyufi
Multimodder

Update !!! PSU @home !!

The superb P-760 Hybrid by Seasonic has arrived safely, and visibly the travel was good !

Quote:
I want to specialy thanks my sponsor :

Seasonic also join my project by sending me a fantastic PSU the P-760 Hybrid Which is fully modular and certified 80Plus Platinum

www.seasonic.com & www.green-spirit.fr

Thank to them for their trust in my project !!

Let's start the show !!

jolie assortiment de câble

et la voilà... vraiment bien protégé dans sa jolie pochette en velour tout doux [:bakk3]

and one last picture of the family

The PSU and the packing reflects the quality that we know of Seasonic !

Next update will be about the integration of the hotswap rack !

Bye!!

Last edited by thegyufi; 25th Dec 2013 at 12:03.
Old 17th Dec 2013, 17:29   #18
AlienwareAndy
Banned

AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.AlienwareAndy is definitely a rep cheat.
Great work there. Shows a lot of respect for the original design, which is what mods should be about IMO.
AlienwareAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2013, 17:29   #19
gardnerphotos
What's a Dremel?

gardnerphotos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just awesome!
gardnerphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2013, 13:18   #20
thegyufi
Multimodder

Update !! about the installation of the HDD rack

first, remove all I don't need !

for the integration I reversed the bottom with the top

Some M4 tapping

then the cut of the separating plate

Little Picture of all the parts

and, installation of all this parts

That's all ! Next update will be about the creation of the support for the 2x140 mm Prolimatech's fans !!

View Mode