bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 6th Apr 2012, 21:54   #1
Paladin | Patrick
LiveModder

Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
"Cross-Section" by Paladin

Hi, I'm starting the same time my next project.

It is a converted Coolermaster CM 690th.
Many thanks to
Cooler Master that I have the case made ​​available.

The name is the motto.

Here is an example picture of what it means.

So actually the case remains in its original condition. I cut hald many holes in, so that one sees on the hardware.

I do sometimes a small list of what is planned now to this:
  • Case cut back on eck, as well as a fan is halved, also see so the CPU cooler is also open.
  • A Ram bar is cut in half, but nothing can happen that the contacts are worn, so that only the PCB inside plugged
  • with a graphics card the same thing happens.
  • A HDD is also tuned to believe.
  • Up front will be installed a DVD drive that also gets a cut. Whether this is supposed to work yet is still unclear. If not, we are including a second installed that will go away.
  • I want to cut the ATX cable by which you can see the cross section of the cable bundle. I will then versichen covered a 2nd to install. possibly laterally from the connector. If necessary, solder as well, although I am not the friend of them.
  • what I will do more then I decide if I fall over her. Maybe one of you have come so good tips.
Here are some pictures of the untouched state.

Today I've already started it. Update is perhaps
www.Complex-Mods.de
-- Casemods | Scratch builds | CE-Mods --

Last edited by Paladin | Patrick; 6th Apr 2012 at 22:05.
Paladin | Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2012, 22:23   #2
Paladin | Patrick
LiveModder

Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Paladin | Patrick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Today I finally started with the "Cross-Section" Case.
First, I've spent half an Creppband role to figure out where I cut holes that clean: D

Then it was fate. First of coarse with the hacksaw, and then continues with the separating grinder. I also made a movie that I'm ready but not until tomorrow.
Before the question comes on ... the power supply gets a perspex paneling.

In the front hole is then later a drive that is also open. This should also work then.

So, that's it again ...
www.Complex-Mods.de

Last edited by Paladin | Patrick; 8th Sep 2012 at 14:47.
Old 6th Apr 2012, 22:27   #3
dmcgrath
Master of Pancakes

dmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great! I like the idea. It has lots of work and fun involved in it.
dmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2012, 23:40   #4
Paladin | Patrick
LiveModder

Thanks

Here I have the introductory video. The video from cutting comes tomorrow

(its German)

www.Complex-Mods.de
Old 7th Apr 2012, 04:57   #5
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Really novel idea.

I watch

john
Old 7th Apr 2012, 12:22   #6
Baguette
Multimodder

Baguette has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
german engineering...you'll never cease to baffle me! XD
Baguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2012, 16:10   #7
Paladin | Patrick
LiveModder

Thanks

I am now Online @LiveModding
www.Complex-Mods.de
Old 7th Apr 2012, 16:22   #8
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I never seen mod like this,but looks cool.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2012, 16:34   #9
Raikkok
Multimodder

Raikkok has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Paladin

How do you do livestream??

Itīs an interesting idea

MOTM January 2012 Winner
Raikkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2012, 21:56   #10
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Realy great idea
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2012, 22:44   #11
exexs
Multimodder

exexs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I really like the idea... Now, let's see how you do it...For now, I can't say if it is going to be epic or disappointing, because the challenge is high I think
exexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2012, 22:48   #12
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sorry but cutting the Psu with no protection from " little fingers" is just stupid mate , like the idea alot , but to the psu is stupid , imagine if a small child touched it or even your toe or something , with me having a 1 and half year old its spinning round my head like a mad man at the moment , sorry ,

like the project good idea mate well done will be looking aver this project
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2012, 23:00   #13
Paladin | Patrick
LiveModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkok View Post
Paladin

How do you do livestream??

Itīs an interesting idea
with www.ustream.tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by exexs View Post
I really like the idea... Now, let's see how you do it...For now, I can't say if it is going to be epic or disappointing, because the challenge is high I think
I also hope that it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveR_172 View Post
Sorry but cutting the Psu with no protection from " little fingers" is just stupid mate , like the idea alot , but to the psu is stupid , imagine if a small child touched it or even your toe or something , with me having a 1 and half year old its spinning round my head like a mad man at the moment , sorry ,

like the project good idea mate well done will be looking aver this project
That's what I wrote in my update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin | Patrick
Before the question comes on ... the power supply gets a perspex paneling.
Here is the video from cutting...

www.Complex-Mods.de
Old 7th Apr 2012, 23:43   #14
ringo
Supermodder

ringo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice video and a interessting project.
ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2012, 23:53   #15
Paladin | Patrick
LiveModder

Today was not the case further, but in something which is then installed.

Here, the victim of a defect 8800GTX ...

I am about the only thing like time with the angle grinder ago

That was cut out after it ... not very nice

...first disassembled, all cleaned and filed.

The other cover was indeed such an ugly stickers on it. I did not get off. But I was still a 2nd defective 8800GTX lying around. So from then stole the cover.

To create later in the motherboard is not shorted, I sanded the pins on the PCB.

So, that's it again.
www.Complex-Mods.de
Old 8th Apr 2012, 03:52   #16
wahoomcdaniel
Multimodder

wahoomcdaniel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't wait to see how you get that 8800GTX to work [sarcasm].

I love the unique concept. I'll definitely be following this one.
So where are you from in lower Bavaria? Munchen?
wahoomcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2012, 13:18   #17
Paladin | Patrick
LiveModder

Munich is Upper Bavaria I am more near Straubing, "Simbach bei Landau" is the name of village.

I will try to make it look so the graphics card still works, by which I solder a cable from the onboard graphics with the connection of the 8800GTX
www.Complex-Mods.de
Old 8th Apr 2012, 14:07   #18
Leona74
What's a Dremel?

Leona74 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Here are some pictures of the untouched state.
Leona74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2012, 18:15   #19
Paladin | Patrick
LiveModder

Today I thought I once made ​​the next cut. Since the graphics card is below the upper section they are seen only bad.

Therefore, I will later make a cut.
This was the first idea, but to me not so liked...

...so I've from this picture...

...and this...

...the here done with a photo editing program. Was haltet ihr davon?

Then I taped a second cut.

In the top is a HDD bay. I would edit a HDD and poke it in

So, what do you think fits ... so? Do you have any other suggestions?
www.Complex-Mods.de

Last edited by Paladin | Patrick; 8th Apr 2012 at 18:33.
Old 9th Apr 2012, 16:24   #20
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You have way to many projects going on but this is awesome. Love it. No suggestions yet..

View Mode