bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 23rd May 2013, 14:03   #1
phenoptix
Multimodder

phenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Raspberry Pi Camera Case - OpenBox

Hey all, long time no bit-tech for me. This is hardly a log as most of the work was on PC and the WIP pics would essentially be off cuts of acrylic and poorly fitting pieces. But here is the fruits of my most recent labours....

It's based on a design by a company called Adafruit who open sourced it and it would now probably be one of the most copied designs for the pi. Mine builds on their hard work adding a hinge lid so you can access the GPIO ports and also mount the new camera module to the top of the case with some M2 fixings.

Also made them in red and blue

Like the original, the design is open sourced and is available on.
thingiverse

for the connoisseurs among you I also built a Beagle Bone Black case on a similar pattern:

Sorry if mods reading I just realised it should have been posted in modding as completed.

Last edited by phenoptix; 23rd May 2013 at 17:10.
phenoptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:55   #2
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
I like. Nice use of the frosted plexi. I'm guessing the square edges on the lid make a friction-fit and keep the lid closed snug?

Don't worry about posting in the wrong spot. It's a common error, and this is far better than people who just post a link to a log they posted elsewhere.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 19:03   #3
phenoptix
Multimodder

phenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks Cheaps. Yes the lid is friction fit and cut ever so slightly long so as to hold against the coloured end piece. I acquired the frosted acrylic on a buying splurge a while back and etching the back of it makes for quite a nice look.
Old 23rd May 2013, 19:14   #4
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Have to say this is the nicest acrylic case ive seen. When i saw the title i thought of those ones on eBay that are layers held together by screws.

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 21:15   #5
phenoptix
Multimodder

Thanks Furball! We stock some layer cases, like the Pibow but I've always preferred these click together ones.
Old 24th May 2013, 03:33   #6
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Yea, they look nicer and easier to assemble and probably cheaper.

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, phenoptix, raspberry pi camera

View Mode