bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Jan 2013, 10:00   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Asus ROG Vulcan Pro review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...n-pro-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2013, 13:59   #2
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
In the future can you please include in a spec sheet of the headphone. I really want to see some specs on hz <> khz, db/m, drive size etc.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2013, 15:41   #3
loftie
Ultramodder

loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.
If i remember rightly, the Vulcan needed a battery for the ANC, does the pro need a battery too?
Old 18th Jan 2013, 19:03   #4
hugo60
Multimodder

hugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have the original Vulcan following advice from Bit-Tech and I love it. It took me a while to get used to not being able to hear myself properly when talking on skype etc. after owning a Razer Carcharias, but the sound quality and comfort are awesome.
hugo60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2013, 23:38   #5
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF
Obiwan]In the future can you please include in a spec sheet of the headphone. I really want to see some specs on hz <> khz, db/m, drive size etc.
They hardly ever have accurate measurements of the consumer headphones, and headphone response doesn't really work the same as speaker response.

If these sort of things matter to you then you should probably just avoid these gamer headset things.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2013, 22:51   #6
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.
I bought the vulcans on recommendation from bit-tech and the mic quality is terrible. Anyone in voice chat lobbies with me can hear an echo, and no 'listen to this device' is not on.

Not really impressed.... Sound quality and ANC is pretty good, but I would've liked a better review on this considering my Steelseries 4H headset is just as good.
Old 21st Jan 2013, 09:35   #7
loftie
Ultramodder

loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2412 View Post
I bought the vulcans on recommendation from bit-tech and the mic quality is terrible. Anyone in voice chat lobbies with me can hear an echo, and no 'listen to this device' is not on.

Not really impressed.... Sound quality and ANC is pretty good, but I would've liked a better review on this considering my Steelseries 4H headset is just as good.
Is the quality on the mic terrible? Or just that people you are talking to can hear themselves? The latter could be your sound card - I have this issue with my sound card. Also you have to remember sound is unfortunately subjective.
Old 21st Jan 2013, 14:57   #8
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.
The mic quality is fine, it just picks up on the voices of whomever is on voice chat with me, but not the ambient noise of the game we're playing (which is often the same volume). As I say, I don't get this issue with my cheap headset. I've also had soundcards in the past where the line in was so quiet I had to use the line in on my motherboard instead.

Drives everyone else mad, doesn't bother me a great deal (apart from their whining).
Old 21st Jan 2013, 16:12   #9
loftie
Ultramodder

Mine only does it with one pair of headphones - note headphones not headset. That's why I suggested it might be the card. Hell I've even had my PC pick up from the air and transmit a foreign radio station down teamspeak which I couldn't hear. Had to do a mic test to actually hear it!

Yea my soundcard is weird....
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 16:28   #10
LightningPete
Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

LightningPete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I prefer the normal audio jack inputs like the original vulcan. USB variatns tend to break easier if you accidently stand on the cable or get up and move too far from your computer, whereas the jacks normally just pull out without damage. That aside seems like a re-release to bring the price back up again as the original has fallen somewhat. Get the original vulcan in my opinion as its exactly the same and the sound you get will still be the best in a gaming envrionment together with its comfort etc.
LightningPete is offline   Reply With Quote