bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite NUC case?
Intranuc by Waynio 27 23.28%
The Face Case by spO_oks 15 12.93%
ToOoOoOobular by Cheapskate 35 30.17%
Vesper by Maki role 39 33.62%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th Oct 2013, 09:26   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Intel NUC Case Competition Voting

We take a look at the spectacular finished projects from our Intel NUC Case Competition.
http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2013...ition-voting/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 10:08   #2
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 11:01   #3
torment lm
Danish Viking

torment lm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Simply amazing work all of them.

But most admit that cheapskate got my attension the most.
Atlantis, The Lost Empire **In Progress**
The Theory **In Progress**
torment lm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 11:11   #4
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The standard here is crazy...

I've never said this before but I'm going to have to go do some investigation before I can decide which one I want to vote for.

I love the screen and pipe on cheapskates.

I love the simplicity of the face Case.

Waynio's is just beautiful piece of engineering.

Vesper is so beautiful that it still looks like CAD pictures.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 11:17   #5
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The link in the article to The Face Case links to the wrong project log.
Corky42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 11:22   #6
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
The link in the article to The Face Case links to the wrong project log.
Sorted!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 11:44   #7
Hukkel
James' minion

Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wow they all look great!
Hukkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 12:02   #8
littlepuppi
Currently playing MWO and loving it

littlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
How did you not put that intel chip project in!?
250GB Evo | 1TB SSHD | 500GB SATA
littlepuppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 12:21   #9
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepuppi View Post
How did you not put that intel chip project in!?
It was in the last few to be nominated but unfortunately Intel Only had a select few kits to give away
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 12:38   #10
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Sorry guys you all made in increadible work, but Cheap has my vote. It was a very hard choice, but it looks like a vintage projector (Pathé baby) ... an I really love vintage looking stuff

GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 13:18   #11
faxiij
Multimodder

faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Link to vote: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=263778

Overall, they are all cool and on a high level of craftmanship imho. However the intranuc does not appeal to me visually and ToOoOoOobular (nice name, reminds me of the good old ascii-days) is a bit too much of everywhere - I am somehow lacking a clear design principle. It does look very nice however!

So it immediately came down to me to a choice between "the face" and Vesper. I think both are sexy, well made and heck, I'd buy either case at once if the price was right.

I gave my vote to the face case though, the small tip was the simplicity and my love for black & orange (&white). I actually think Vesper is the better design, however I'm still not sold 100% on the wood & white scheme. Close call either way!

And I really, really, really hope there will be more little contests like this!! Anything below Mini-ITX. Starting to really love & appreciate those tiny formfactors! And with the Asus Impact we're finally seeing capable, sexy platforms become trendy - good times ahead I'd like to think!

Last edited by faxiij; 7th Oct 2013 at 13:27.
faxiij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 14:18   #12
Ace_finland
Multimodder

Ace_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for presidentAce_finland should be considered for president
All of them are very good and very different to eachother both in design and execution, which made it even harder to compare them. I love when ppl push there limits and focus on tiny details that don't make a big difference in itself but makes the build in the end look stunning. Anyways, i have voted and wish you all the best of luck and whoever wins def deserves it! Congrats all for finishing in time!
Ace_finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 14:20   #13
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Truly inspiring work by all, so difficult to vote.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 16:55   #14
Locknload
Multimodder

Locknload has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cheapskate's concept is magnifique!.
Locknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 17:14   #15
imersa
Parvum Princess

imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.imersa is definitely a rep cheat.
That was indeed one very hard vote
imersa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 17:37   #16
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Bindi's pic made my morning.

I agree with Faxiij: More contests! They are fun and inspiring.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 21:01   #17
Arboreal
Multimodder

Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.Arboreal is definitely a rep cheat.
Such a hard choice for a single vote

I have followed all the winning projects avidly since the start, was so upset to see Slipperyskip
step away from the project (hope all is well with you Jeffrey).

All so different and unique:
Maki's 3d printing and woodwork was outstanding and a real advert for the amazing abilities of new techniques to make parts

Cheaps' acrylic work had me confused for a bit, but together with the screen and 'hidden' red accents made for an all in one that you could have anywhere.

spO_oks really showed how accessible hand making something outstanding yet simple can be. Inspiration for 'proper' modding.

In the end I voted for Waynio's epic metalwork, so much patience making and re making those small parts, and using his home brew finish too.

Like faxiij said, SFF is just something else these days, Mini ITX is great (wouldn't be without my SG05 rig) and NUC is truly a new unit - shame it's so expensive.
£300 odd for the latest NUC board would buy a quite a bit of more conventional kit

I keep looking at the drinks mat on my PC desk that is the same size as a NUC and shake my head at how small these bits of kit really are, the usual coke can doesn't cut it - Waynio's 120mm fan brought the size home to me.

Impressed all round Gentlemen, congratulation to you all.
Arboreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 21:40   #18
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
Brilliant work guys, I really enjoyed following all of these builds (and some of the others that weren't picked) I like these competitions a lot (more of please)

Very hard to pick one to vote for, I will get there ...

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2013, 22:52   #19
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
I had to go for intranuc. Although a more traditional case design, the execution and finish are stunning.

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2013, 13:44   #20
NetSphere
Multimodder

NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.
I went with Vesper. It looks sleek and stylish enough that you couldn't tell what it was if it were on a bookshelf. That and the idea that you could potentially walk into a 3D printer shop and get it made just sounded awesome.

Close second was the Face case. It just looks so amusing and 'simple', though I'm not sure spO_oks would call it that.
Silverstone TJ08E - Ivy Bridge 3570k @ 4.0 GHz - Scythe Mugen 4 - Asus Maximus Gene4 - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1.5V - 2GB ASUS GTX670 DIRECT CUII TOP - 256GB Samsung 830 Series - 850W Corsair HX850
NetSphere is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode