bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 28th Jan 2013, 09:38   #1
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
At last! Patent troll gets slapped down!

Patent troll Soverain, who has won cases against companies like Amazon for use of shopping cart technology, has had a case against Newegg summarily slapped down by the US Court of Appeal. Newegg successfully showed that the two shopping cart patents owned by Soverain are invalid.

Their argument? The online system CompuServe was using similar technology in the 1980s. Apparently saying "but we do it on the Internet" isn't a valid argument

This could potentially have a massive effect because the decision affects all previous cases brought by Soverain over the shopping cart issue - especially important, because most of Soverain's settled cases include a running 1% royalty each time a shopping cart is used.

Ars article here, including a quote from Newegg's chief legal officer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Cheng
Then they pop up and say "Hello, surprise! Give us your money or we will shut you down!" Screw them. Seriously, screw them. You can quote me on that.

Last edited by Krikkit; 28th Jan 2013 at 10:39. Reason: Url fix'd
Flibblebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 09:42   #2
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Broken URL linkeh is broken.

That's one of the best quotes I've read for quite a while.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 10:23   #3
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
fixed link for you

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 11:02   #4
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Oops. Thanks for that
Old 28th Jan 2013, 11:05   #5
TheCherub
Hypermodder

TheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run Crysis
That is excellent news and a thoroughly excellent quote.
TheCherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 11:48   #6
bodkin
Overheating

bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Fantastic, patent trolls really do annoy me. Defiantly hold back progress and profit on others hard work.
bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote