bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 27th Jul 2014, 17:25   #1
The Colonel
What's a Dremel?

The Colonel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Project: 900D Xtreme Power

Project 900D Xtreme PoWer

Intel i7-4960X; 64GB Dominator Platinum; 4 SLI 780Ti K|NGP|N; EVGA X79 Dark; Samsug 840 PRO 512GB; WD Velociraptor 1TB; n2 LEPA G-1600; Corsair 900D; n2 Aquaero 6 XL; n5 Monsta 560; n4 Aquatube, n 62 Enermax Apollish 140

Hi guys,

This is the English version of my project already posted in an Italian Forum, however I'll insert a summary of past updates.

In this section, I will update the progress of the project, in view of the long gestation, are provided possible changes and additions both in configuration that in HW, stay tuned.

HARDWARE CONFIGURATION

Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mobo: EVGA X79 Dark
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X Processor Extreme Edition (15M Cache, up to 4.00GHz)
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 64GB (8 x 8GB; 2133, 9-11-11-31, 1,65V)
VGA: n4 EVGA GTX 780 Ti KingPin Edition (4 SLI)
SSD: Samsung SSD 840 PRO 512 [GBMZ-7PD512]
HDD: Wester Digital HDD 1TB Velociraptor [WD1000DHTZ]
PSU: Lepa G-Series 1600
Optical Devices: Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-ray - Slot In
Fans: Enermax T.B. Apollish UCTA14N-R Fan 140mm - red
Thermal grease: Gelid GC-Extreme

WATERCOOLING

Fittings: Bitspower Silver Shining
Radiator: n5 Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 560
Tank: n2 BitspowerWater Tank Z-Multi 400 (Acrylic Version); n4 Aquacomputer Aquatube G1/4 Silver
Filter:
n4 Aquacomputer Filtro in Maglia di Acciaio
WBs
WBs per EVGA X79 Dark by nateman_doo

TEST BENCH

Bench: MicroCool Banchetto 101 - Black Acrylic
CPU Cooler: Swiftech H320

Coming Soon: .......

----- -----
-----
-----

DESCRIPTION

General

The 900D Project Xtreme PoWer was born with the purpose of modding the 900D so that it can contain all the hardware that I had always wanted.

The project takes its present appearance through numerous changes that I decided to make. From an initial idea which did not contain the liquid cooling, to a version with CPU cooled by an AIO (the Swiftech H320) first, to one with a real watercooling.

One of the decisive and characterizing moment of the final project was the decision to enter 4 Alphacool NexXxos Monsta 560 (later to become 5) and the solution of Cooling Towers (CT)

The case will be joined, front and rear, , by two self-built structures, that I called CT. where will be placed 4 RADs.

It will be a PC over size, the ratio of which, for me, is more the exercise of style, rather than the actual functionality or practicality.

How case until the beginning I chose the Corsair 900D, I went to modding so more and more relevant, and I added self-built parts too.

Water Cooling

The Liquid Cooling System is designed with aesthetic and performance purposes. The intention is in fact to have an higt radiant capacity, ensured by 5 Alphacool NexXxos Monsta 560 with fans in push and pull, which allows a great OC daily while maintaining a low noise level.

In particular, the liquid cooling system will consist of two independent loops made ​​with rigid pipes. On the side of the MoBo will place two vertical Cylindrical Tank. (to be continued ....).

And 'I planned to be used Aquaero 6 XL as Fan controller (to be continued ....).

Lay Out

The project will be characterized by the colors Black and Red, in the final stage I would like to finish with chrome parts.

So I want to match the colors of the HW, the use of Plexy, LED lighting, cable sleeving, LED fans (140mm Enermax Apollish red), possibly additive colored; finally, I would like to achieve the customized grills.

GALLERY

I will update here with the Gallery's most significant images:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

SPIN-OFF HW TEST - BANCHETTO 101 - Black Acrylic - Xtreme PoWer

Last edited by The Colonel; 5th Sep 2014 at 12:26.
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2014, 17:52   #2
GeorgeK
Bit-Tech Keyboard Overlord

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Your spoiler links don't appear to be doing anything... Also can you please add some pictures of work in progress as that is what is required for a project log

Thanks

GK
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2014, 18:53   #3
The Colonel
What's a Dremel?

The Colonel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
Your spoiler links don't appear to be doing anything... Also can you please add some pictures of work in progress as that is what is required for a project log

Thanks

GK
Hi GeorgeK,

Thanks, I'm not familiar with the interface of this forum how can I change it and have a normal interface for insert image and make changes to the text more easily ?
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2014, 20:01   #4
Noob?
Dremel?

Noob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Where's the popcorn?
Noob? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2014, 00:44   #5
hanssx2
Multimodder

hanssx2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob? View Post
Where's the popcorn?
Here
Let's wait how this turns out
hanssx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2014, 18:13   #6
GeorgeK
Bit-Tech Keyboard Overlord

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Hi GeorgeK,

Thanks, I'm not familiar with the interface of this forum how can I change it and have a normal interface for insert image and make changes to the text more easily ?
If you use the [img] [/img] tags with the image url in between it will show your images. As for the rest - when you're typing a post (in the advanced bit) you will see the controls you're after I think.

GK
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode