bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 30th Jan 2013, 05:23   #21
Laine
This and that

Laine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This design is so beautiful. It's simple yet so stylish and unique. Really loved the recessed rear panel.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2013, 08:16   #22
haggisathome
Supermodder

haggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
This design is so beautiful. It's simple yet so stylish and unique. Really loved the recessed rear panel.
cant say any better than that , nice work .
haggisathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2013, 17:25   #23
shinji2k
Multimodder

shinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I'm glad you like it! Hopefully I can get the rear panel finished ths weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggisathome View Post
cant say any better than that , nice work .
Thanks! I don't know if I can handle all this praise.
Baby Moon Complete!
shinji2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2013, 02:38   #24
shinji2k
Multimodder

shinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyanshinji2k is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Update #5

I had a bit of time so I finally got around to installing the Noctua. I've been using the computer for a while without a case so the stock cooler was already installed.

I've been trying desperately to take better pictures with my cheap point and shoot.

Isn't it cute?

I've taken worse pictures I guess. Unfortunately, I'm going to need some slightly taller mobo spacers. I never had a set idea for the hdd mount and it ended up a little taller than I originally planned for. But that's fine since then the cpu fan will sit right up against the top panel and it'll be able to draw in cool air through the top slot without any problems. I'll have to figure something out temporarily so I can start on the i/o panel.
Baby Moon Complete!
Old 1st Feb 2013, 20:13   #25
that_du^de
give your head a wobble

that_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
very nice work! what sise psu are you going to use?
mozart tx case(11x120mm fans),intel i7 920@4ghz(20x200)1.28v,asus rampage extreme 2,6gig corsair ram(3x2gig),2xati hd5870 crossfire,titan fenrir hsf,enermax revolution 1250w psu,1x120gig ssd 4x1tb hdd,x-fi elite pro soundcard,dell 2405fpw 24"lcd,zboard merc k/board,cyborg rat 7 mouse,win7 64bit

Last edited by that_du^de; 1st Feb 2013 at 20:15. Reason: wrong post
that_du^de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 01:01   #26
shinji2k
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_du^de View Post
very nice work! what sise psu are you going to use?
I have a 150W picoPSU I am going to use. I probably could have gotten away with the 120W but I'd rather have that little bit extra just in case.
Baby Moon Complete!
Old 10th Feb 2013, 04:20   #27
shinji2k
Multimodder

Update #6

I was finally able to dedicate some more time to modding.

First I cut the opening on the rear wood panel, but I managed to not take any pictures. You'll see it later anyway.

Then I started on the i/o panel.

That scroll saw is a cheap POS but it's a lot better than using a coping saw.

After a serious filing session I ended up with this.

And more threaded inserts.

Crap, totally forgot about the power jack. There are also a few places that need tweaking on the i/o panel. That'll just have to wait until next time.
Baby Moon Complete!
Old 26th Jul 2014, 20:13   #28
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji2k View Post
Man, you have to tell me how you get that sweet even brushed finish!

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2014, 20:24   #29
shinji2k
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Man, you have to tell me how you get that sweet even brushed finish!
I sanded with 220 and then 400. But the trick to get a nice finish is to do a final pass with heavy duty scrubbing pads like these. They also sell them at hardware stores to help with paint removal. The more aggressive the better, the really soft ones don't do much. They help smooth the sand marks out to give a more even finish. There are also industrial quality ones that have grit in them that work the best, but they aren't cheap.
Baby Moon Complete!
Old 29th Nov 2014, 15:19   #30
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Sweet little case shinji, very nice work.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2014, 15:31   #31
shinji2k
Multimodder

Thanks! To be honest I haven't been particularly motivated to finish it. I'm not even sure where it is at the moment. I'm sure it's around here somewhere.
Baby Moon Complete!
Old 29th Nov 2014, 15:34   #32
acmods
Minimodder

acmods has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
like this, combination of metal n wood, cool
acmods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Dec 2014, 21:48   #33
mad_mic3
What's a Dremel?

mad_mic3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Your a man of many talents, subbed for sure
mad_mic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2014, 17:11   #34
flix
Multimodder

flix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for president
Wow, this looks amazing
flix is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode